Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Abortion is a sin? (Page 2)

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Abortion is TOO sensitive a topic to give a black & white answer. Should the woman's autonomy take precedent over potential life? The whole sanctity of life comes in to question and most religions do forbid it. As far as Saathiya is concerned, Kinjal didn't want an abortion anyway (if I'm not wrong) so forcing her to have one would be unjust.
Kinjal is in love with Umaang and from what I saw on today's US preview, he is not going to come through for her. Once she realizes that she is going to be a single mother, how is she going to manage it when people taunt her and her child? Indian society is not ready to accept this concept. Even in the US this was not accepted pre-1970s but when Hollywood stars started making this a "norm" and the wealthy too, then things changed. Now it is not uncommon for a woman to have children with three different men or MORE and at the same time never to have married any of them.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SaNiCo

DriftInfinitely IF-Dazzler
DriftInfinitely
DriftInfinitely

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged
On religious grounds, it may be a sin, but I personally don't think it is. I can understand if  a person makes a mistake once, and should be allowed to do undergo an abortion should she want to (not sure what Kinjal wants).
Besides, up till a certain point of time, the fetus cannot even feel pain.
The person who is already living should be put before a potential human being, in my opinion.
Obviously, Kinjal shouldn't be forced to have an abortion if she doesn't want to. That goes without saying. It should be her and only her decision.
saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Thank you so much for helping me with this information.  In the US Christian fundamentalists like Sarah Palin are against abortion even if  your child will not be normal. 

Wow.  I was going to stay out of this discussion until this statement popped up.  

That's a pretty broad brush stroke you are taking, along with a lot of assumptions.  Pretty thin ice.

Besides that, who is to determine what is 'normal' or not?  What 'handicaps' are okay and which are not?  Are you telling me that my friend David, who brings incredible joy and happiness to every one he meets, should have been aborted because he has Downs Syndrome?  Are you telling me that my friend Evan who has a terrible arthritic condition and can hardly walk should been aborted even though, like David, he is a bright spot to those who know him?   And what about children who are injured and rendered 'handicapped'?  Kill them before they become a burden on society?  Andrea Bocelli went blind at 12.  Can you imagine this world not being blessed by his incredible voice?

Have you ever stopped to consider the blessing of a 'not so normal' child can be?

Uff.  "Normal".

I'm done.  I will comment no further.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpchoti_ranisoapbubble-tellyaddict-Rafeal.

soapbubble IF-Rockerz
soapbubble
soapbubble

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Just wanted to elaborate a bit:
One, by all means let's be pro choice. Not everyone is the same and  everyone must make their own personal choices on what they want their lives to be like and what they're willing to compromise on.

If a woman gets accidentally pregnant and doesn't want a baby cluttering her life, that's up to her.
Ditto for situations where the mother's life is threatened, or the baby's health is suspect.

But irrespective of where you're coming from (religion, ethics, humanitarian or societal values), irrespective of what you call it (sin, crime, paap, considered decision) the fact is you're snuffing out a life, deliberately. My point is: the issue is too big to be subject to 'old-fashioned' or 'orthodox' vs 'modern' thinking. Let's not demand that everyone be cool with it so that we can go easy on our collective consciences.

Sometimes tough things have to be done but let's not start ratifying it. 
Bubble

-tellyaddict-

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saomom

Thank you so much for helping me with this information.  In the US Christian fundamentalists like Sarah Palin are against abortion even if  your child will not be normal. 

Wow.  I was going to stay out of this discussion until this statement popped up.  

That's a pretty broad brush stroke you are taking, along with a lot of assumptions.  Pretty thin ice.

Besides that, who is to determine what is 'normal' or not?  What 'handicaps' are okay and which are not?  Are you telling me that my friend David, who brings incredible joy and happiness to every one he meets, should have been aborted because he has Downs Syndrome?  Are you telling me that my friend Evan who has a terrible arthritic condition and can hardly walk should been aborted even though, like David, he is a bright spot to those who know him?   And what about children who are injured and rendered 'handicapped'?  Kill them before they become a burden on society?  Andrea Bocelli went blind at 12.  Can you imagine this world not being blessed by his incredible voice?

Have you ever stopped to consider the blessing of a 'not so normal' child can be?

Uff.  "Normal".

I'm done.  I will comment no further.

Pro-life arguements for a fan of Sarah Palin. I've hard them all before.  So here are some home truths.  The fact is a fact, they are not "normal" physically as they are missing the necessary things required to LIVE a normal life.  Facts are facts.  Learn to live with them. And exactly who is going to look after these handicapped kids that are brought into this world? YOU, the government of India? Even the government of the US and UK can't afford it. So get real.

DriftInfinitely

upasana.diya IF-Dazzler
upasana.diya
upasana.diya

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
i find it totally hilarious that we are fighting on something said in entertainment industry.... please abide by the disclaimer before watching any serial.... even the makers are saying that these are not facts, so why are you debating it...

many facts have been changed during the course of time to suit the circumstances of that time and era... one such is sati pratha... which wasn't advocated in Vedic India but was prevalent during Mughal times, when ladies couldn't protect themselves..., but is still prevalent as if God has ordained it...

its a sin on humanitarian and ethical grounds, with exceptions. during wars and such, weakest person is treated in the most cruel way... those are exceptions in which it might not be a sin... but if such rules weren't there and there was no conscience... people would have had loose morals by now, because they think that they can do anything... would you want to live in such a world??? i would abhor such a world

Edited by upasana.diya - 16 January 2011 at 5:06pm
Rafeal. IF-Sizzlerz
Rafeal.
Rafeal.

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by saomom

Thank you so much for helping me with this information. In the US Christian fundamentalists like Sarah Palin are against abortion even if your child will not be normal.

Wow. I was going to stay out of this discussion until this statement popped up.
That's a pretty broad brush stroke you are taking, along with a lot of assumptions. Pretty thin ice.
Besides that, who is to determine what is 'normal' or not? What 'handicaps' are okay and which are not? Are you telling me that my friend David, who brings incredible joy and happiness to every one he meets, should have been aborted because he has Downs Syndrome? Are you telling me that my friend Evan who has a terrible arthritic condition and can hardly walk should been aborted even though, like David, he is a bright spot to those who know him?   And what about children who are injured and rendered 'handicapped'? Kill them before they become a burden on society? Andrea Bocelli went blind at 12. Can you imagine this world not being blessed by his incredible voice?
Uff. "Normal".
I'm done. I will comment no further.

Pro-life arguements for a fan of Sarah Palin. I've hard them all before. So here are some home truths. The fact is a fact, they are not "normal" physically as they are missing the necessary things required to LIVE a normal life. Facts are facts. Learn to live with them. And exactly who is going to look after these handicapped kids that are brought into this world? YOU, the government of India? Even the government of the US and UK can't afford it. So get real.
i think it was not a "pro-life sarah palin" fan talking but just a woman who is against the idea of killing "not so normal" children. And i think you shld respect that. Every religion is against the idea of abortion. Why? There must be a reason. There must also be a reason why children are born physically or mentally challenged. We need to find "that" reason first coz then u will knw that it is not the fault of the kid but the parents.
And why cant a mother look after her child? Why depend on govt? Disabled children are considered as burden and you abandon them. Which itself shows how shallow people are.
I thnk this topic shld be taken to "debate mansion" and not discussed on saathiya forum. As far as saathiya is concerned Gopi was just being a gud human who value "human" rights.
PS : We dont knw what our future holds for us. Any moment even the most "normal" person may become "abnormal". And trust me when i say "any moment". Its just a matter of fate. They say "think lyk a human, be human". And a human have certain "karma" to do..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpchoti_ranisaomomsoapbubble

Rafeal. IF-Sizzlerz
Rafeal.
Rafeal.

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
And i am neither a pro-life nor a pro-choice.. And i dont support abortion. But its the choice each individual.

Edited by Jake-neil - 16 January 2011 at 7:51pm

choti_rani

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index