India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Abortion is a sin?

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:43am | IP Logged
OK, I am following the shows in the US and so I am probably behind on this topic. No plans to catch up as I like watching this show on television as opposed to online when you can hardly see the faces...

However, what is all this talk about abortion as a sin? That's a personal choice.  Looks like the writers however have one view and that abortion is a sin. Different interepretations of Islam and Christianity look at it as a sin, but I did not know that was also the case in Hinduism.  Someone please elaborate on this for me.

Personally, I think it is a personal choice and I didn't like the way this show promoted it as a sin.  Very orthodox view in my opinion. Sometimes women have to make that choice and they should not be pressured into thinking it is a sin. And let me ask the writers this, in real life guys don't own up to a child as easily as we saw on this show.  If Umaang had said that was not his child and did not want to marry Kinjal, what then? Would she still have gone through with the child? And what would have happened to her? The whole society would have laughed at her and it would have been impossible for her to have been married to someone else. Sure it does happen, I mean that guy married Elizabeth Hurley who had a son out of wed-lock.

I just think that the show needed to present two sides to the issue rather then their own orthodox view. And Gopi going on and on about it being a sin? What la-land world is she living in?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anupamgladdoochullbulliDriftInfinitelyKiranSD1-tellyaddict-

sam1903 IF-Dazzler
sam1903
sam1903

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Laila regarding hInduism though i am not clear but i think it is sin as per Hinduism, as per reference from vedas and scripture 
eg. i can state u is of parikshit grandson of pandvas, who was killed by Aswathama when he was still in  womb of her mother, but later revived by lord krishna, Ashwatham was later cursed by lord Krishna, for killing an unborn child..(but here i want to refer you that Pariskshit was the only heir left in Kuru lineage..  ).
 but i also read that a woman can abort child in following condition, when it can harm her own health, which may lead to death like situation  or when its known that birth will not be a normal one...
(all the information which i have is on the based of information i gather from net..), 

Edited by sam1903 - 15 January 2011 at 1:27am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpchullbulli-tellyaddict-

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Abortion is TOO sensitive a topic to give a black & white answer. Should the woman's autonomy take precedent over potential life? The whole sanctity of life comes in to question and most religions do forbid it. As far as Saathiya is concerned, Kinjal didn't want an abortion anyway (if I'm not wrong) so forcing her to have one would be unjust.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpSky23-tellyaddict-

soapbubble IF-Rockerz
soapbubble
soapbubble

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Whether you label it SIN in capital letters or not, it's a fact that abortion is an extremely difficult decision on ethical and humanitarian grounds.

Gopi was not talking based on the Hindu religion but purely from an ethical point of view - it is a drastic and painful decision to take - too drastic to take before other options are explored.
And she was absolutely right. I don't see what's wrong with that.
Bubble

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

upasana.diyaSky23-tellyaddict-suk19

shruthi2010 IF-Rockerz
shruthi2010
shruthi2010

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:46am | IP Logged
abortion is not a sin but a crime. when a person kills someone he/she is punished. same way what wrong a baby/fetus has done? people who create the baby should take responsibility otherwise should be careful. even if it is a single cell it is something called life. if you dont want a baby dont create. if created take responsibility or give away for adoption or something like that. moreover it will spoil the health of the woman.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

choti_raniupasana.diyasaomom-tellyaddict-Rafeal.suk19

hot babe Senior Member
hot babe
hot babe

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 4:15am | IP Logged
@shruthi2010 i agree with almost everything you have said, but then  again i also think that every thing isn't black and white, there are different reasons for why women have abortions- in rape cases would you also think aborting a foetus is a sin, where  conceiving of the child wasn't the mother's decision.

I also think that when it comes to the mother and the baby's life the mother's life takes precedent over the baby's who has not yet developed. However if the child is said to be born with disabilities and the parents do not want a disabled child then an abortion is not acceptable because in my opinion s/he is god's creation- you shouldn't pick or choose.

There are also ethical/moral/religious issues but i think in almost all religions leeway is given on abortion in rape cases and where the mother's health is at risk Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-tellyaddict-suk19

.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

OK, I am following the shows in the US and so I am probably behind on this topic. No plans to catch up as I like watching this show on television as opposed to online when you can hardly see the faces...

Laila, you can watch a very clear picture from the star plus india website, catch up on all the episodes. Here is the link: http://starplus.startv.in/show/saath-nibhaana-saathiya/home_30.aspx

I know if you tried daily motion or you tube it's not a good picture, so try that link instead. I'm also not in India and we are one week behind the India viewers, also i only started watching from August 2010, but caught up by using http://www.ibollytv.com/showmovie_info.php?movie_name=Saath%20Nibhana%20Saathiya, if you don't get all the earlier episodes just use star plus india, all the full episodes are on there.
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam1903

Laila regarding hInduism though i am not clear but i think it is sin as per Hinduism, as per reference from vedas and scripture 
eg. i can state u is of parikshit grandson of pandvas, who was killed by Aswathama when he was still in  womb of her mother, but later revived by lord krishna, Ashwatham was later cursed by lord Krishna, for killing an unborn child..(but here i want to refer you that Pariskshit was the only heir left in Kuru lineage..  ).
 but i also read that a woman can abort child in following condition, when it can harm her own health, which may lead to death like situation  or when its known that birth will not be a normal one...
(all the information which i have is on the based of information i gather from net..), 
Thank you so much for helping me with this information.  In the US Christian fundamentalists like Sarah Palin are against abortion even if  your child will not be normal. 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index