Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

MNIK makes it to Oscars' reminder list (Page 4)

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

Other films that are included in the list are 'Biutiful', 'Clash Of The Titans', 'The Expendables', 'Fair Game', 'Inception' and 'Iron Man 2', among others.

It's in the same list as "Clash of the Titans and Iron Man 2 (loved this movie)...I don't really think MNIK has a shot

But that's great that India has two movies being considered this year, although I'm getting disappointed that only Aamir movies are being sent instead of better regional or less expensive films

Fantastic point...MNIK isn't a bad film but falls pale in comparison to Inception and Fair Game, what you never know b/c there were many american critics who liked MNIK...but not many that thought it was oscar-worthy....who knows what will happen!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

lalixlily IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

youknowmeqwwwkoolchickMeena1

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Well.. well now that it is getting ripped apart so much.. the SRK fan in me is getting aroused.. LOL Yes i don't think its an exceptional movie.. and it has some ridc portions.. but still its not as bad as people are making it out to be.. What is peepli.. i liked the movie.. but just like i read in a review.. its nothing exceptional.. instaed of focusing on the life of farmers.. they have made a movie on the stupidity of media.. and that topic has been touched in many movies...i don't think peepli live is that great either.. it is a good watch.. but the content isn't the most exceptional..but still lets hope it gets nominatead... anyways heard that 300000 fans from around the world appealed for MNIK.. well these fans rock.. and i sit here and bitch about my own fave.. LOL Anyways i am happy for Srk and Kjo..

Edited by ladygaga - 15 January 2011 at 10:21am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDekoolchick-Zarwulicious-qazplm

lalixlily IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lalixlili

MNIK is not a bad attempt....but Kjo could have made it so much more..that's why I'm a bit disappointed...the direction & the acting were good except the whole media buzz around Khan - not needed...

I think Ishqya & perhaps 7SMK deserve the entry too...

Lil only one movie can be considered for   "best foreign film" from one country..... and entries for foreign films.. don't get into the remider list.. i think because of its production house.. like someone said before.. MNIK is not just going to considered for the best foreign film.. but for all the categories.. i highly doubt that its gonna be nominated.. but atleast they tried... Maybe we should try sending a Vishal bhardwaj movie to Oscars.. but i think after so many failed attempts of sending bolly movies.. they should look more towards other reginal cinema.. to be sent to oscars.. maybe some tamil, bengali, marathi or other movies..

Edited by ladygaga - 15 January 2011 at 10:51am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MaSqUeRaDe

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatpati900

Ok. If Clash of the Titans and The Expendables are on this list, it makes sense that MNIK is too LOL
Exactly !LOL  if it was entered along with films like Inception or even The American I would have been appaled. I think Fox just enters all their movies. It could be a business decision who knows?
anjali10 IF-Rockerz
anjali10
anjali10

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged
I just cant stop laughing at this news ROFLROFLROFL
MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged
I know right! what is MNIK for that matter even Udaan or Peepli live ! the only ovie deserved to be nominated was Guzaarish-which wasnt even .0001% pretentious or preachy LOL..ofcourse which had the greatest actors and director in the history of Indian Cinema .It failed in BO only cuz indian junta are so ignorant aww Cry.I m sure guzaarish would have won all oscars just cuz of the mere presence of greatest global star ever  and also Sanjay's movies are 100% ORIGINAL Tongue

Go to top