Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

MNIK makes it to Oscars' reminder list

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:40pm | IP Logged

'My Name Is Khan' makes it to Oscars' reminder list'

Mumbai, Jan 7 (IANS) Aamir Khan's 'Peepli Live' is India's official entry for the 83rd Academy Awards, but Shah Rukh Khan's 'My Name Is Khan' has also made its way to the prestigious awards.

Director Karan Johar's take on post-9/11 US through an Asperger's patient Rizwan Khan, played by Shah Rukh Khan, 'My Name Is Khan' has made it to the reminder list of movies eligible for this year's Academy Awards.

' 'MNIK' started off as a movement and it's heartening to hear that today it's in the broad list of films eligible to be in the running in all categories. I'm honoured that the film has that kind of acceptance level on a global platform,' Johar was quoted as saying.

Other films that are included in the list are 'Biutiful', 'Clash Of The Titans', 'The Expendables', 'Fair Game', 'Inception' and 'Iron Man 2', among others.

'MNIK', also starring Kajol, was co-produced by Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment and distributed by FOX Star Entertainment.

*********************************************************************************************************

Has this been posted before...?? So india has two entries to oscars now.. peepli live and MNIK.. i just found out by kjo's old tweet.. where he tweeted this list..

Edited by ladygaga - 14 January 2011 at 11:41pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

preetysadiapria4everNuktaacheenffkhankoolchicksheee-Zarwulicious-Meena1wida

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:46am | IP Logged

Indian official entrance is PL.

MNIK is from external side. Fox  distributors ENTERED IT.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwNuktaacheen

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:46am | IP Logged
that's really great news... to be considered, at least....!   Big smile

i dunno if it'll win anything (i kinda doubt, but who knows), but i'm glad it'll get it's due recognition... TongueTongue   though, i do think some parts are exaggerated, but it's theme is universally relevant...!  TongueTongue

thanks for sharing...!!  

-Zarwulicious-wida

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
If they didnt have that whole saving the "Blacks" section maybe. That part was just ridiculous. Its like he went into the past  - a century ago to find Wilhelma.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena1

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
LOL  arey, lots of movies have a lot of ridiculous scenes...

people go ga-ga over 3 idiots, and the delivery scenes was honestly beyong pathetic... worse than saving the 'blacks' in MNIK...!  TongueTongue

however, i'm happy it made it to the list... IF ki opinion apni hai, but it's nice to see other people see it as a good film (albeit some exaggeration)...!  TongueTongue

and being nominated at oscars means it'll get more buzz... which is awesome...!   WinkBig smile

and India's entry is Peepli Live too, which is aamir's movie as compared to Udaan or any other regional movie that might have been better, but yes, that is not bias at all...!   TongueTongueTongue   in any case... does not matter...

it's good that Indian movies are making it to the list at least... TongueTongue

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 15 January 2011 at 6:56am

-Zarwulicious-Meena1

ffkhan IF-Rockerz
ffkhan
ffkhan

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
aww! That's great.Star

Proud to be as Khan.ApproveLOL
ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Udaan should have been the entry...when it was screened at Cannes...the critics went crazy for it! Peepli Live is also a good choice, but MNIK...seriously?!

Paheli and Eklavya were also bad choices...but whateffs b/c I'll never understand the criteria for the selection!!

Taare Zameen Par and RBD were excellent choices!!!
ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

LOL  arey, lots of movies have a lot of ridiculous scenes...

people go ga-ga over 3 idiots, and the delivery scenes was honestly beyong pathetic... worse than saving the 'blacks' in MNIK...!  TongueTongue

however, i'm happy it made it to the list... IF ki opinion apni hai, but it's nice to see other people see it as a good film (albeit some exaggeration)...!  TongueTongue

and being nominated at oscars means it'll get more buzz... which is awesome...!   WinkBig smile

and India's entry is Peepli Live too, which is aamir's movie as compared to Udaan or any other regional movie that might have been better, but yes, that is not bias at all...!   TongueTongueTongue   in any case... does not matter...

it's good that Indian movies are making it to the list at least... TongueTongue

way to be optimistic!! and yep...I totally agree with everything you said!! MNIK was a bit melodramatic, but 2 entries into the Oscar is still good!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Go to top