India-Forums

Menucard on dining table

.Ashima Senior Member
.Ashima
.Ashima

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:26pm | IP Logged

just want to know ur reaction if ur mom present u menucard
 to decide ur breakfast, lunch or dinner............................

Edited by ashima1975 - 14 January 2011 at 9:30pm

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Ok before I answer ur question... I have a doubt... Was there a Menu Card (An actual physical menu card) in the Bedi Household, or was it a verbal dictation of breakfast options available? I ask this bcoz I don't remember seeing a physical menu card, but I might be wrong... I usually watch the show while I am working on other stuff, so don't pay much attention...

And now back to the initial question... Let me tell u what happens at our home and maybe that would put forward my POV too... The night before, my mom walks into our rooms and asks me n my bro what we want to have for breakfast. We tell her, and she tells us if it's feasible to make it the next day or not and then we give her alternatives. Sometimes I demand a diff thing and my bro demands something else, and if they are simple breakfast dishes, then she makes both of them, and at times she makes 3 diff breakfasts (one for me, one for my bro and one for herself n my dad)...Same thing happens for lunch n dinner too, and this is not just the case in my home, but this has been happens with my extended family too...So yes, we do get to pick our choice, but we don't have a physical menu card... Is it still considered equivalent to ordering from a restaurant??? And isn't this what happens in most households, where women do consult the rest of her family before she decides to cook something... Maybe not everyday but yes, on most of the days...!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ssanjanaJayjasjoeRangiliDhannoangelicsmile-Sneha25-.ArjunAutumn.

.Ashima Senior Member
.Ashima
.Ashima

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
yes, they have physical menu card........
first time anu enterd bedi house she referd it as dream home but after seing menu card on dinning table she thought it as more like hotel then home.

but she  made mistake insted of removing menucard...she tried to change eating place

Edited by ashima1975 - 14 January 2011 at 10:19pm
RangiliDhanno Senior Member

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-.GoldySom..Arjuntvdekhaaxeion

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:00am | IP Logged
@Purva... Lol...The advantages of living in India... Day Dreaming Yahaan toh maid bhi nahi milte.... Confused My bro does that, he has a set menu and the maid gets him whatever he wants... Only when he's in a mood of experimentation, he cooks himself... and that reminds me, usne abhi 2 din pehle Pizza banaya, which dint turn out that well...But he's complaining that nobody appreciated him LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.GoldySom.-Chandramukhi-

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:08am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-.GoldySom.axeion

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ppurva

Ohh I fully appreciate the affordable luxuries that India provides. I don't think we could afford this kind of lifestyle anywhere else in the world.

While I was staying alone, I had a full time cook, a cleaning maid, a part-time gardener, a full-time driver and a handyman on call.

LOL, I wonder what Anuradha would've called my establishment which catered to just one individual who spent 14hrs a day in the office.

Tell your bro that cooking has its advantages if you make full use of the cook at your disposal. He should've gotten the cook to prepare all the ingredients for him as per his requirements and then made the cook observe on the pretext of teaching how to make the Pizza the way he likes it. Anywhere, your bro went wrong the cook would've piped up with suggestions.
lol...I know, I am already planning my return to Swades Day DreamingDancing

Arre he's still in under-grad and lives on his own... Uski maid bechari... He's the kind who would tell the maid to not make his bed bcoz when he returns home in the night, he's again going to spoil the nicely made bed LOL He's a foodie like me, so he cooks from scratch he wants too, warna he doesn't care... Tongue

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha25-Autumn.axeion

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index