Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif is the editor for Agent Vinod

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Cutting it Saif

To make sure Agent Vinod is up to the mark, Saif Ali Khan has taken over the editing of the film along with an assistant editor sidelining Sriram Raghavan

Sonal Chawla

Posted On Saturday, January 15, 2011 at 03:01:56 AM

This often happens with big actors like Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, who do not get along with their directors and often take over a film's direction and editing.

Even non-thespians like Akshay Kumar have been known to interfere in the moviemaking process for a long time.  The trend continues.

Saif Ali Khan, who is producing and acting in Agent Vinod, has sidelined director Sriram Raghavan from the editing process and has taken over the editing table.

A source revealed, "Saif was travelling recently and an entire editing studio had been set up in his room where he has been editing Agent Vinod with the help of an assistant editor.

This movie has been in the making for the longest time, and a lot of money and time has been put in this project. Saif at no point wants anything to go wrong with this film.

He is personally looking into every aspect, including the editing. Sriram is not present on the editing table. Saif is editing with the help of his editor. Sriram is aware and might join in and out of the editing process."

When contacted, Sriram very sportingly said, "Saif has made 5-6 different cuts with my assistant editor.

He enjoys playing around with the cut and looking for the right kind of background music. I am also quite intrigued and amused by what he comes up with."

On the other hand, Saif sarcastically said, "Well, since I own the office they can't really chuck me out. I am just messing around. Sriram is the captain of the ship and master of the editing room. I didn't know he even knew I was there. Please don't tell him." LOL

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2011011520110115030156791648574f/Cutting-it-Saif.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
He owns the movie.. so he has to keep tabs on how it is shaping up.. akki's editing room tales are pretty infamous by now.. so many of his fellow co-stars have accused him of getting their role chopped off.. i remember amisha was pissed off when he asked the editor to chop off her entire song from bhool bhulaiya.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenTerenaina

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
I've heard hte same. I think even saif and srk made a joke about akki's editting antics in some filmfare show.

I think saif was upset coz akki somehow got all of saif's scenes chopped in tashan. Literally, all hte deleted scenes of the movie are saif's!

Nuktaacheen

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
I didn't know it was aki that chopped off the scene

Whenever Saif believes in a project, he'll go the extra mile. The way saif believes in Agent Vinod, he NEVER cared for he's own movie that much so it must be something amazing. Can't wait to watch it
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Yea I remember Saif complaining about his tashan role being chopped off.. Recently i heard that Ajay was also pissed off Akki for chopping off his role in Khakhi or something.. And yes Saif does seem really into AV.. they are making the movie slowly and steadily.. maybe too slowly.. but its good that they are taking their time..

Terenaina

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
There was an article saying the reason why AV is taking too long is because saif's production didn't have enough money so he's waiting to get more money

ladygaga

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Terenaina

There was an article saying the reason why AV is taking too long is because saif's production didn't have enough money so he's waiting to get more money

Really? Maybe he should co-produce it with someone.
Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
yeah but saif trying to do it on he's own with AV movie. I think after this movie, he's going to be back with co-producing it with danish

ladygaga

Go to top