India-Forums

Perfect Body make one a good dancer?

Purrrfect IF-Dazzler
Purrrfect
Purrrfect

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
This topic is not intended to make fun of anyone, but rather applaud all the dancers out there.

I am just amazed how one can handle being a great dancer without having perfect body. 

Does one really need to be really slim to be a good dancer? 

Saroj Khan ji is a great Choreographer and has made many bollywood actress famous for teaching them dancing with Ada. 

Farah Khan is another dancer who is on heavier side, but has managed to do a brilliant choreography for Bollywood Stars.

Beedi dance also became very famous, choreographer Ganesh Acharya is also on a heavier side.

I have to admit though that it's more appealing to watch dancers with fit body - but again, it's equally amazing to see how dancers on heavier side manage to dance or choreograph so well.

Edited by Awww - 14 January 2011 at 2:53pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shanak.hotgr8loveRagMasta

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Yeah I agree :D
I'm chubby and a dancer. There are some restrictions but I think I'm a good dancer.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Purrrfectyipee

Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Depends...to be a choreographer I don't think someone needs a great body.....needs to have ideas, good knowledge of dance...but someone who executes the final product should have at least near perfect as that's more pleasing to eyes. Ganesh has great energy...he can pull a show. But all the ladies with their current physical status can't even dance continuously for long.
dmgmjht4ever IF-Rockerz
dmgmjht4ever
dmgmjht4ever

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
I've seen great dancers that are on the heavier side. Their weight, however, makes no difference to their passion of dancing and their skills and knowledge of it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yipee

Nishita123 IF-Stunnerz
Nishita123
Nishita123

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pradarshak

Depends...to be a choreographer I don't think someone needs a great body.....needs to have ideas, good knowledge of dance...but someone who executes the final product should have at least near perfect as that's more pleasing to eyes. Ganesh has great energy...he can pull a show. But all the ladies with their current physical status can't even dance continuously for long.
I agree. There is no rule. But in general  1) lighter body helps for certain moves and energy I feel
2) Can't compare choreographer ( Yes they are dancers too )  and a dancer who executes their choreography  as Choreographer are more for ideas and knowledge and dancer is the one who executes them IMHO.

Edited by Nishita123 - 14 January 2011 at 8:14pm
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Yeah to be choreographer, u needn't have a fit body...as we know, Saroj Khan, Farah, Geeta aren't seen dancing much LOL

But yeah to be dancer AND choreographer, a fit body is a must, or a high advantage i must say. 

radha187

gr8love IF-Dazzler
gr8love
gr8love

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
To be a good dancer one needs to be light on ones feet and have plenty of grace. If you have both of these then it really does not matter whether you are as thin as a reed or a heavy weight champion. Ofcourse it goes without sayimg that having a lighter frame gives you the advantage of been easier to lift and elevate yourself in all kinds of dance moves.....but the same can be done with al little more effort by a heavier person!

Just IMO (been dancing since I was 6yrs old n hve trained in contemporary/jazz/ salsa so I think I do know a lil bit so adding my two cents here! Smile)

-Aaliyah-

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Well, I am relatively fit, but I cannot dance. Looks like someone stuck metal pole up my back when i dance because it's so stiff! ROFL

Good choreographers (as mentioned above) come in all shapes and sizes. Even good dancers are all sizes. Also, sometimes people might look big, but it could be their muscles. (I notice this in girls a lot.) 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index