Random Musings: January 14, 2011

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Hola Maryaada Forum,

Welcome to the Random Musings thread! Hug

Please jump in with  your views on the
episode or the characters by posting analysis, poems, Riddles, vm's siggies, OS's or anything else you feel like!

Index of Analysis, or other items
Page 1:
Jaya, Anamekaa & Shreya's perspective

Some simple rules:

1. Follow the IF code of conduct 
2. No bashing of members or the actors 
3. First page will typically be for analysis, poems or anything about the episode...so reserve if you want to do that! Big smile
4. If you don't want to analyze, you can still reserve your space for your views Big smile 
5. Have fun LOL

Thread openers for this week:
-Monday: Manal
-Tuesday: Jaya
-Wednesday: Manal
-Thursday: Jaya
-Friday: Jaya

[NOTE: if you want to open a thread then do let us know Hug]

Edited by darlunia - 14 January 2011 at 1:45pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mushiroxx.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:32am | IP Logged

Some thoughts on today's very filler-like episode which began with Priya talking to Aditya on the phone and wondering why his mood had been upset earlier! This was a very cutesy sequence and did a good job of showing how comfortable the two of them are with each other.

At Uttara's and Rishabh's, a beaming Uttara turns uncomfortable upon seeing Rishabh laughing and conversing with Rastogi. Uttara clearly indicates her dislike of Rastogi's amorous advances but Rishabh dismisses her feelings and turns it around by saying Rastogi must have merely misunderstood some action of hers. He also informs Uttara that Rastogi will continue coming to their house as he is now a partner in the new business as well. Finally a little progress in this couple's story! I really hope this track picks up momentum rapidly now. Like I have said before, this slimy Rishabh is not in sync with the abusive Rishabh characterization and I want to see if the writers manage to keep the integrity of the original character sketch intact!

Back at the Jhaakars, the family sits down to eat dinner and Vidya, with Mehndi on her hands, is unable to serve or eat by herself. While initially ignoring a struggling Vidya by his side, Gaurav finally relents and feeds her...but only after noticing both Devyani and his mother-in-law observing his obnoxious behavior. Predictably, Vidya is thrilled with Gaurav's actions but her mother astutely observes and points out that Gaurav 's thoughts seemed to be elsewhere the whole time.

After dinner, Gaurav talks to his lover and indicates they will meet at the wedding. What was that...sudden movement in this track...Shocked? And Brahmanand invited Gaurav's lover? Huh? Shocked After the weeks of dragging, this sudden movement was completely unexpected. Usually these writers are good at setting the stage for the new developments in the story but this caught me by surprise. Makes me wonder if they are reading the viewer's feedback on Gaurav-Vidya and made a decision to move this story line forward without stretching it further.

M
eanwhile, a disturbed Uttara is recalling Rishabh's abuse and his words from earlier as her gaze shifts from a sleeping Rishabh to the Mehndi on her hands. At the same time Devyani, Vidya and Priya are also looking at how their Mehndi has turned out. This type of scene is one of the trademarks of this team's creative & execution style. They take an action and contrast all the women's thoughts and feelings simultaneously. Cliched as it may be, I still love it as it shows the contrasts in their lives and struggles without dragging the screenplay. While Uttara seemed to be wondering what the future held for her marriage, Devyani seemed to be making peace with hers. Priya rejoiced at a love that manifested itself in the dark colors of her Mehndi while Vidya broke down at the signs of unrequited love in the colors of hers. That said, I found Vidya's actions trying to darken her Mehndi with a marker very poignant but Vindhya's acting over-the-top.

The new morning finds Aditya trying to convince Devyani  in to allowing him to go meet Priya and see how her Mehndi turned out. Cute as it tried to be, this sequence did not work for me for several reasons. Firstly,  the transition to this comic scene from the prior sad one felt way to jarring...like the tempo suddenly changed and not in a nice way! Secondly, I found the whole routine of Aditya running around like an energizer bunny very tedious to watch! Since when did he start asking for permission before going to meet Priya? Ermm Lastly, what was with that scene closing shot of Babuji looking at the camera as he spoke his dialogs aloud? D'oh

Anyway...unable to get Devyani convinced by the rest of the family, Aditya asks Brahmanand to go meet Priya so that he gets a legitimate excuse to go against Devyani's wishes. But Brahmanand, predictably yet cleverly, convinces Aditya to listen to Devyani while he goes to meet Priya alone. So the only purpose of the previous scene was to set the stage for this one. Precap aside, I do not think that Brahmanand and Priya are meeting till after the wedding...so let's see what next week brings!

Happy Pongal/Makar Sankranthi all!

Overall: Filler episode...a 3/5 from me.

Edited by darlunia - 14 January 2011 at 1:41pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

xx_alisha_xxsaggi80nbostedshmuupiesihuEvashcherrypansyBingeFeefiSky23mushiroxxMillerrr88.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nbostedmushiroxxBingeBheegiBasanti.Manal.

Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Jaya, your take was StarClapStar

I wont call it a filler episode cuz for me filler is when things are repetitive, as in monotonous dialogues and same scenes shown over and over again. Barring Vidya and her mom convo, which was kinda same.. but again there, the dialogues were good. 

What was touching was that Vidya trying to darken her mehndi color and like Jaya mentioned, all ladies were sad and apprehensive, while Priya was the only one gushing with happiness which otherwise is always the reverse! 

I think Gaurav's gf if someone in the show whom we had seen before and it could give a surprise element.Thumbs Up Now that Gaurav said, SSP had invited, if is the same lady with whom he was sleeping or like that...?? Ermm

The last scene with Adi-SSP was silly cuz the way Adi was getting so anxious to see her mehndi and later asking SSP to meet her... all his anxiousness was for what? 

I think SSP will send someone else as Adi's father. Evil Smile 

Edited by shreya- - 14 January 2011 at 11:38pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mushiroxxBheegiBasanti.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged

BheegiBasanti.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Hi Ani...Hug. Just added my views too! Mana is probably busy. Trying to find out!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Manal.

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Ani...I agree completely with your views on today yaar! Vindhya Tiwari, I felt over acted plus Vidya's actions sketched for that scene was over the top! It was an ok episode for me.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Manal.

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

BheegiBasanti.Manal.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index