India-Forums

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

males slapping their spouses (Page 2)

zaara10 Senior Member
zaara10
zaara10

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
i'm going to say what i'v said before. when the cv's have nothing intelligent to write, they add "[insert slap here]" to their scriptsLOL  we should'v kept a slap counter on here bc they sure r slap-happy here!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

GamerGleek88 Groupbie
GamerGleek88
GamerGleek88

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
These writers hate women. there they go making rape & abuse look like it's okay because its just a stupid woman right?  Whose gonna stand up against a big strong man?*gags on sarcasmAngry

Laila2009

simran_singh_24 IF-Rockerz
simran_singh_24
simran_singh_24

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged

Slapping scenes are mandatory from the looks of hindi soaps.The girl might slap the biy before marrigae, and husbands are slapping wifes all the time. Somebody should rein in the CVs of the shows and tell them it's domestic viloence and punishable under law.Angry

GamerGleek88

Shipra_S IF-Rockerz
Shipra_S
Shipra_S

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:03am | IP Logged
although it's not as if wife slapping n beating is not prevalent in society, it is very much prevalent here in India, but i agree, they should not highlight this thing. It looks really odd seeing a man beating his wife. even if it's in a fiction show.
Rajinilicious IF-Stunnerz
Rajinilicious
Rajinilicious

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
i hate when female lead  slapped
reitsuma67 Senior Member
reitsuma67
reitsuma67

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 7:26am | IP Logged
I agree with all of you guys.! There shouldn't be any slapping scenes. and I really don;t understand Rudra right now. He was all happy with Gauri before and then he's slapping her out of their house. And I think Rudra's mom should have stopped him. Angry Anyways, hope Gauri goes back in their house and Rudra is all sorry about what he did!!! Smile

Laila2009

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GamerGleek88

These writers hate women. there they go making rape & abuse look like it's okay because its just a stupid woman right?  Whose gonna stand up against a big strong man?*gags on sarcasmAngry
And some of the writers of these shows HAPPEN to be women.
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shipra_S

although it's not as if wife slapping n beating is not prevalent in society, it is very much prevalent here in India, but i agree, they should not highlight this thing. It looks really odd seeing a man beating his wife. even if it's in a fiction show.
If it is shown as something that is WRONG, that's fine.  However, to show it as something that the male lead does because he just does it, and to discipline an unruly woman is WRONG. Very wrong. The problem is that Indians do see it as necessary for a man to discipline his wife and a slap across her face to make that happen is seen as acceptable not abuse (when it infact is abusive). Moreoever, abuse comes in many forms.

Sangani (and many other Indian shows) use slapping to create drama. I even read posts - even by channel moderators - promoting slapping. I think it is disgusting and this practice ought to end. Slapping is not a way to resolve things - it should ONLY be used in self-defence and often a good punch or thump does better.

Go to top