Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Has Salman Khan gone off awards?

rhea_6 IF-Dazzler
rhea_6
rhea_6

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Has Salman Khan gone off awards?

With awards touted to pour in majorly for actor Salman Khan for delivering the biggest hit of the year in the form of Dabangg, it is learned from his close aides that the star has no plans to collect them himself.

"If he has a performance lined up at an awards function, he'll make an appearance there, but will not accept any awards. But the money that he receives from performing at these shows will be directed towards his foundation," says a close aide of the star.

With the film nominated in most categories, it is expected to sweep the Zee Cine Awards function that takes place in Singapore tonight. The film has been nominated in many categories including best film, best actor (Salman Khan), best director, song of the year and international female icon of the year (Sonakshi Sinha).

"Salman is pleased at being nominated, but he can't forget the fact that he was overlooked every year by the awards function especially when he has given a couple of memorable performances. He thinks that the thumbs up that he has got from his audience is enough, and that he doesn't need to collect any awards for Dabangg," says the star's friend.

Buzz is that people around Salman are trying to get him to change his stance, but as of now, he apparently remains steadfast on his decision.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickpooja_lXiahtic-5_Sano_

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged

I wonder why his foundation get mentioned  in his each and every articleWink

Edited by Salma2 - 14 January 2011 at 9:53am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetychoo

DB_reloaded IF-Addictz
DB_reloaded
DB_reloaded

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
i guess 4 da 1st time in da last 10 yrz he deserves best actor in popular category....>>>> i guesss da last time he gave award winnin show ws in tere naam bt hrithik wid hees sheer brilliance in KMK overshadowed every1...>>>>bt dis yr as da muvi is a big hit n thanxx 2 salman khan charishma.....so he deserve some recognition not dat much dou i feel srk n hrithik shud get awards for dere respective performances...>>>>
.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 6:00pm | IP Logged

"Salman is pleased at being nominated, but he can't forget the fact that he was overlooked every year by the awards function especially when he has given a couple of memorable performances. He thinks that the thumbs up that he has got from his audience is enough, and that he doesn't need to collect any awards for Dabangg," says the star's friend.

I don't blame him, Arbaaz himself said this was the first time in 22 years that Salman has won an award for best actor. I remember there were times that Salman wasn't even nominated for an award much less win one, so I understand his point of view.

koolchick

Lotus_Flower Senior Member
Lotus_Flower
Lotus_Flower

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
i'm really dissapointed that sallu does not get the recognition he deserves..did Hrithik win for Guzaarish? i'm sorry but that sucks..Guzaarish only did average at the box office and Hrithiks seriously annoys me with his bland personality..

Aish was nothing more than a supporting acctress for the film yet she wins best actor female? JOKE JOKE JOKE!!!! no wonder Aamir stays away..total cr*p

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

zoyahSomiiKim75.shona.ruky786

chandaursitare Senior Member
chandaursitare
chandaursitare

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:45pm | IP Logged

Eyewitnesses say Salman Khan didn't have a particularly good time at the Star Screen Awards last week. The Dabangg star, who was backstage for most of the evening, was trying his best not to run into Aishwarya Rai and Shah Rukh Khan, both of whom also spent considerable time in the wings.

Ash was holed up in her make-up room for the most part, as she prepared to perform a medley of her musical hits. And before she left for her performance, she's believed to have sent her staff out to make sure she wasn't going to bump into anyone uncomfortable. Salman had temporarily vamoosed in order to stay out of her way. He had to do the vanishing trick again when it was time for Shah Rukh to head out onto the stage for a spot of emceeing.

And although he was declared winner of the Best Actor Award for Dabangg, Salman was reportedly upset that Shah Rukh had been handed the Best Popular Actor Award for My Name Is Khan. Sources say he sulked endlessly and complained to the organisers that he was more deserving of the Popular Award since Dabangg was a more successful and crowd-pleasing film thanKhan.

Apparently, he also rolled his eyes and made a few jokes to his cronies when ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif received the Popular Best Actress Award for her performance in Raajneeti. 

Earlier in the evening when he was seated in the front row watching the show, Salman deliberately walked up and down, glowering at Vivek Oberoi who was with his wife Priyanka in a front row corner. 

koolchick

radhana Goldie
radhana
radhana

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
from where did you got this...???

what funny article.....media who was there said something else or did not said something like that happening...nd this one saying another thing...

if such thing would hv happend media would go crazy writting about it....

Edited by radhana - 14 January 2011 at 8:11pm
radhana Goldie
radhana
radhana

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Salman Khan, Best Actor (Male)

Trust Salman Khan to do the unthinkable. He attends the award function but disappears when he has to go on stage to pick his award. He makes his entry though the backstage giving the red carpet a miss. "That's me," he says casually and smiles. For almost two decades, fans have loved and adored him and his films, but this award in the Best Actor category is a first for him. Does it feel special? "It feels the same. Nothing really changes after you win an award. You continue doing your work in the manner you are used to doing," says Khan. But the family man that he is, he is definitely happy for his brother Arbaaz Khan, who produced Dabangg. "I am very happy for Arbaaz. It will do a lot of good to him."

Go to top