Im ok with semi-nudity.

*takes socks off*
My hats off and I stop at that LOL

Shipra_S IF-Rockerz
Shipra_S
Shipra_S

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Do you have a problem with nudity in general or do you have problem if it's an Indian actor who does a nude scene?
If you are fine watching foreign actors being nude but have a problem with Indian actors performing any nude scene then it is double standard.
If you don't watch any movie which contains nudity then I don't see what the problem is. You just have to avoid that movie.
As for magazines, as far as I know, even Playboy or Penthouse doesn't print explicit photos on their covers and glamour magazines in India are pretty benign compared to them. So, I'll say you're pretty safe in that regards for atleast the forseeable future.

In India, I think a major part of the problem arises because the censor board only gives A rating to the films that they deem fit for adult audience but no explanation is ever provided as to why it has been rated so. If along with A certification they clearly mention what all is there in the movie, i.e. nudity, violence, abusive language, sexual content, drug abuse, etc. then people can take a more informed decision as to whether they want to take it or leave it

as it's said, when in Rome, be a Roman. So a thing which is in fashion in a certain country, doesn't look bad there. Being an India dwelling person, i am of course not very comfortable with the concept of 'nudity', but if a see an American model posing as such, it doesn't arise that feeling of 'disgust' in me. 'coz i know that goes in flow with that countries' lifestyle n culture in general. But seeing an Indian model/actress doing such an photoshoot, i definitely feel disgusted, 'coz as i said previously, we are a bit conservative yet, n seeing our fellow Indian doing it obviously arises that bad vibes for that person. You may think i am being 'bhartiya-vadi' here LOL, but the fact is we as children were always made to think n take such things as 'bad', so that's sort of ingrained in us.
Shipra_S IF-Rockerz
Shipra_S
Shipra_S

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Some Indians are ready to accept it. Some find it shocking. Actually anywhere in the world, some people accept it, some don't. No culture is fully accepting of anything. The ratio just varies. As Souro says, we need more sensible ratings system so people can make informed decisions to view or avoid nudity.

I also believe nudity etc is as aesthetic or perverse as you want it to be. A certain openness about these issues creates balance. For example the human anatomy in health class is  meant to be informational not dirty or po*n, but yet ironically it is the conservatives who tend to react with shock or the repressed who view it as some sort po*n and snicker. A certain amount of openness and exposure in society helps people better view things in context.

I totally agree with that. But posing nude for money can certainly be treated as 'perverse' 'coz no one is going to learn human biology while viewing a nude actress' photo. but anyways, as u said, it's quite individualistic, so i agree to that.
Eventide Senior Member
Eventide
Eventide

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Like blue-ice pointed out, it is a misconception that most if not all Americans are okay with nudity. The southerners are perhaps the most conservative of the lot. Atleast the ones I have come across. Talking of culture,the carvings at Khajuraho that are pretty graphic. And Kamasutra is pretty much Indian. In that case, we should be okay with nudity as well, since that too is our culture.

Its a case of social conditioning where nudity, sex etc are regarded as cheap and vulgar. A bit more openness about these wouldn't really hurt.

Edited by Eventide - 15 January 2011 at 5:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Originally posted by old-black-joe

Originally posted by P1nk

Im ok with semi-nudity.

*takes socks off*
My hats off and I stop at that LOL

Ganje hain kya?  otherwise it isn't nudity lol
P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Edited

Edited by P1nk - 15 January 2011 at 10:45am
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged
edited.

Edited by old-black-joe - 15 January 2011 at 10:51am
P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Peopls automatically think if your in the west your goin to come across bags of breasts in your face all the time.

Edited by P1nk - 15 January 2011 at 10:47am

Go to top