India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Are Indians yet ready? (Page 2)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
I have heard about some ladies who cover their dogs and cats with clothes. Just think, cows and horses and dogs dressed. LOLAm not against any type of dress.....anyone can wear any dress,its all depend on climate and situation.....it doesnt mean sit nude in the office or in the factory. If it is hot, it is okay..EmbarrassedWink LOL

------

German court rules bosses can demand workers wear bras

Employers in the Cologne region of Germany can now demand that their workers wear bras, have clean hair and trimmed fingernails. Is this court ruling a violation of personal freedoms or simply upholding standard company policy?

German employers were granted a strange new power on Wednesday. The State Labour Court in North Rhine-Westphalia, one of the most populous regions in the county, ruled that employers could demand their workers wear bras to work and keep their nails trim and hair groomed.
The court was ruling on a case involving a dispute over an employment agreement by a company that conducts airport passenger security checks. But the decisions of the court will apply to all workplaces in the region.

My gut reaction to this was disgust. I felt outraged; if a boss of mine ever felt that he or she could dictate what I did and didn't wear to the office under my clothes I would feel violated.

According to some of the clauses in the ruling, workers must wear bras (flesh-coloured or white) or undershirts to "preserve the orderly appearance of employer-provided uniforms."

The court also ruled that there was no fault in requiring fingernails to be shorter than half a centimeter to protect passengers going through airport security from injury.  Finally bosses can demand that hair is "always clean, never worn looking unwashed or oily."  Women were not exclusively targeted as they also outlined that men could only sport a well-groomed beard or be clean-shaven.

The case first came to light when the unidentified airport security firm brought it to the Cologne-based court after its employees complained about the company's strict guidelines. Those are some hard-lined employers I tell you. Workers express frustration, and their response is to go to the courts and make their policies the law.

I can't help but feel my inner feminist come creeping out here. So what if I want to go to work bra-less? Damn it, I should be allowed. After all, shouldn't the company be providing work uniforms that aren't see-through? And if we can't decide on our own underwear, what can we decide on?

A friend of mine pointed out that most work places have company policies and dress codes and it's nothing to get my bras in a knot over. It's simply the rules of this one workplace. If you don't like it, don't work there.

But since this ruling has made it law for the entire region, and I can't help but feel it reeks of sexism. Could it be opening up a whole can of worms? How do they enforce these guidelines? Is there a bra-checker at work? What about wrongful dismissal?

Boss: You're fired
Worker: Why?
Boss: You went bra-less.

It's absolutely absurd.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shipra_S

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:52pm | IP Logged

Edited by blue-ice - 15 February 2011 at 10:12pm
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

I don't know why people think that US is not a conservative society.......USA is just 50 years ahead of India....what US is today ....India will be in the next fifty years......infact I think that the youth of India today is much more confused that the american born kids and ...they call our kids ABCDsWacko......the Indian born Desi today is a much more confused breedLOL
That you should blame parents only!! cos of their conditioning...kids confuse ho jate heyLOL 

Sometime I dont understand, in US people can wear anything,walk nude, nudity is common, phir bi,  PLAYBOY,po*nography is still n big demand!!!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged

Edited by blue-ice - 15 February 2011 at 10:12pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventide-Believe-

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Believe

I don't know why people think that US is not a conservative society.......USA is just 50 years ahead of India....what US is today ....India will be in the next fifty years......infact I think that the youth of India today is much more confused that the american born kids and ...they call our kids ABCDsWacko......the Indian born Desi today is a much more confused breedLOL
That you should blame parents only!! cos of their conditioning...kids confuse ho jate heyLOL 

Sometime I dont understand, in US people can wear anything,walk nude, nudity is common, phir bi,  PLAYBOY,po*nography is still n big demand!!!LOL

I am not going to play the blame game....i just stated a fact....Indian youth confused hai toh haiLOL

LOLlol hmm smart Tongue
and BTW nudity is not common in USA.....come to USA...try walking nude and end up in jail
WinkYaaaaaa Plan to visit there may be middle of this year........then I will try....I mean shirtless lolWink......aur haan bail ke liye mujhe mat bulana....LOLho noo...plzzzzzzzshhh...OuchConfusedLOL my sis is there...but if I do something like this she wont come..n she kick my a%% lolLOL

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Nope, not even one bit.

I have never found anything wrong in girls working late at night or being independent. I'm gonna take my parents for an instance; they have given me more independence than I can manage as a teenager, however, what they expect out of me is all about the Indian values, you know? They expect me possess all Indian attributes of a 'woman'. Hence, this is very true - nobody is ready yet. Adapting a more independent and bold lifestyle seems too offering and acceptable at first - but the majority has extremely deep rooted Indian values. That is why, there's too much of a mixture everywhere, Indo-Western application of things. From the latest lingo to the way people dress, it is a combination. Partially ready, partially not. Coherent enough.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3Shipra_Smonar

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Im ok with semi-nudity.

*takes socks off*

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilamonarthegameison

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shipra_S

Ok, i got your point OBJ. Why i emphasized on 'Indians' (specially those living in India) was 'coz people here are still a wee bit conservative in their approach. Though we say we are bold enough now , and that's why i guess Indian actresses even dare to do such photo shoots, but at the end of it, our mindset is quite different from that of people living in America or other developed countries. That's why i asked are we ready yet for such concepts.
India is a big country with a lot of diversity so kindof difficult to really speak for the whole country as such. With globalisation making inroads influences are bound to be there. Social conditioning is universal.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shipra_Smonar

Go to top