Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

India-Forums

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

Career killer episode for MIK, CVs to blame (Page 2)

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Lol...... agree......thats why u have IF... to see different mentalities ....well i never got confused btw MIK /R. G/BS or others

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticgoryfilms

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Archanafan

And the scriptwriters are truly to blame.

The demographics for shows like this one are predominantly female, 16-50, single, school and college going, and married women and they scrutinize every episode like hawks. What MIK's character was made to do today was positively vomit-worthy.

After seeing today's episode, where the character of (and fans of MIK, keep your hair on, I'm talking about the character, not the man, so chill) Rudra is shown behaving like a child-man, with him insulting his wife, when just an episode ago he was telling her he was with her no matter what, and then the next episode, physically abusing her by slapping a woman who is half his body weight, and then the kicker....throwing her out of the house, not even walking her out, throwing her out saying divorce papers will be sent to her. Okay now that's the limit.

The character doesn't even have the mental power to exonerate himself and when someone is going above and beyond the call of duty to help him, he tells her she's not fast enough. I think jerkville is missing a jerk. What a terrible plot!

It is unoriginal, crude and there's nothing believable about it: you've changed a face into a heel where there are already so many heels crowding the plot. Bad choice, horribly flawed writing. I am so disappointed.

If I were MIK, I'd be tearing my hair out. Once an actor portrays such a dreadfully negative character, and mean dreadful was what the character did today, he will turn off thousands if not millions of fans, female fans, and when it comes time to end this show or get another role as the lead, or get into Bollywood, fans are subconsciously going to remember this scene with him treating his wife like trash.

And sadly, they might, just might, associate his character with anything new that he does. That's a pity because he is a talented actor trapped within the poor writing skills of the scriptwriters and he may have no control over where they take Rudra, the recovering alcoholic, and now wife-beater.

But if they take Rudra into negative territory, MIK and his career might pay the price.

What was shown today could have been shown with more grace and class, instead it was too cruel and proof of bad writing.

The saddest part was that no one came to Gauri's aid when he threw her out, not Dadu, not Ketki, no one.

And no one notices Pihu's psychosis which is getting worse with every episode. Bet Additi is cursing the day when she signed on, I think she thought she'd be playing the second female lead, not the prime villain, which used to be RR's place. She's got range, but is miscast as a villain.

I feel sick to my stomach thinking that when all is said and done and Pihu is exposed, that Rudra will hem and haw and Gauri will take him back. She will take her drunkard, rude, cruel, wife-beater of a husband back.

That is when I will say alvida to this show.

God save all of us from bad script writing, as it can ruin carefully honed careers, which is what these actors do year after year, over countless years ans shows, carefully choosing roles and then being handed a script which they are bound by their contracts to follow through on.

Sad, very sad. I am appalled at what I saw today.
I agree with your post in that there is terrible writing on this show but the reasons why you and I dislike this show are different. Your view is that once an actor protrays a negative character, their career is over.  That's not true.  Some of the BEST actors in the world have played a whole array of characters and their careers have flourished. It's actually a gift for an actor to be able to get this opportunity.  No actor likes to get type cast - which is often the case in India.  Actors like to do a variety of roles as it challenges them to grow. They are NOT the characters whom they play and we should not like or dislike them based on their characters.

A lot of people are upset at Additi Gupta for taking on a negative role. My only criticism is that she should have been given a lead like her male co-star after her last role ended.  Despite it, Additi has shown to the world that she can play both positive and negative characters equally well.  I would have preferred her in the lead as she is a stronger actress and she looks so much better with MIK. I would have seen a lot better chemistry and justice to the lead, but then I don't think anyone else has the talent of pulling of such an unlikable and arrogant Pihu.

Edited by Laila2009 - 14 January 2011 at 12:00pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

betsybmysticgoryfilmsSofna

Archanafan Senior Member
Archanafan
Archanafan

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Your view is that once an actor protrays a negative character, their career is over.  That's not true.

Once? The scene where the character smashes the sindoor on Gauri's forehead, parades her in front of all those men, that was appalling too. To a woman at least.

And again, MIK fans, I'm talking about the script and the character of Rudra, not MIK. (I don't know how many times I'll have to say that.) Sure he's got range, he can go negative, but the script makes or breaks the actor.

How many villains do we put on our list of fav actors? None. First, we think of the good guys. Just a fact.

They are NOT the characters whom they play and we should not like or dislike them based on their characters.

My friend, do you think I don't know that? I've repeated that over and over since my 1st post. And I actually write scripts, unlike many of the posters here.

Sure, go ahead MIK, show your range, you're a good actor with potential to go far, but the actors should speak up when the script crushes the talents of the actor. The actor is bound by a contract, but the script has to be acted out, good or bad.

That's why I feel sorry for the actors who have to put up with scripts that are so atrocious.

As for the folks who have posted derogatory comments about me or my post, please note the following:

Note:

India Forums does not permit posting of any content or material which is or can be construed as being

• abusive language or Derogatory Expressions.
I don't want to report the person a few posts back, as I have the right to post my POV here. Freedom of speech, in case folks haven't heard of it. That's why we have this forum.

Its a civil discussion, not a cage match.

To the rude poster on the 1st page, a little civility would go a long way. I could have insulted you back, but I didn't.

Try to stay away from attacking the posters directly, comment about what they write, but don't insult other posters.

Look up civility. Might help gain you some dignity and respect.

I respect everyone here, please do the same for other posters.

Thanks.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Lina.-SweetGirl-OrientalDancer

VasusenaRadheya IF-Addictz
VasusenaRadheya
VasusenaRadheya

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
I know which member u r talking about  Archanafan, but no result .There'll b no effect. Some people just don't .....u know what I mean. Any way, great analyzing post. Totally loved reading it n agree with u completely. But, why waste valuable time when some r not mature enough to digest it? Any way, my own POV. Sorry if it hurts any one. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ArchanafanOrientalDancer.Lina.-SweetGirl-

mysticgoryfilms IF-Sizzlerz
mysticgoryfilms
mysticgoryfilms

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
I haven't been watching the show for a few days now, so I guess I can comment on this without being biased or whatever. LOL - it is not like only good guys go on our list of favorite actors, a lot of bad guys go in there too for many people because they act well. who likes a too goody guy? noe one! at least I don't, it makes them look like a wimp in the long run heeding to everyone's demands. and who said rudra is going negative? he might have slapped and insulted gauri but that doesn't make him downright negative. you don't see him scheming and plotting ways to cause harm to gauri. then again, I haven't watched the episodes so don't know to what extent did rudra go. Ermm

and I also don't think one show will ruin MIK's career. he has done many other roles in the past, this one show will overcome his past performances? yes, cvs are to be blamed. they are to be blamed for many things. sometimes I wonder why MIK hasn't left the show yet. but he did that twice already, and if he did it again a 3rd time, it might be bad. Ouch

who knows, MIK wants to say something, but he won't either as that can cause some damage to his career? it is not like he didn't speak up against his role and the script of the show before. he did during CHA and even left the show. LOL

I do not think this rudra phase will last long. as per the articles, a maha episode is coming up soon, I think tomorrow, and rudra will realize his love for gauri. and you know audience's memory na? they never remember the things that happen before the confession after a while.

Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 14 January 2011 at 8:01pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ArchanafanLimitLessFan

Archanafan Senior Member
Archanafan
Archanafan

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Thanks LadyMacbeth, appreciate your kind post.

I'm glad there are intelligent people here too, who respect other posters.

Yes, I'll follow your advice and won't waste my valuable time.

Nice to have cyber-met a fellow Shakespearean!

Take care and have great night.
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
In response to Archanafan's post

Your view is that once an actor protrays a negative character, their career is over.  That's not true.

Once? The scene where the character smashes the sindoor on Gauri's forehead, parades her in front of all those men, that was appalling too. To a woman at least.

And again, MIK fans, I'm talking about the script and the character of Rudra, not MIK. (I don't know how many times I'll have to say that.) Sure he's got range, he can go negative, but the script makes or breaks the actor.

How many villains do we put on our list of fav actors? None. First, we think of the good guys. Just a fact.

Yes are you talking about how a character can ruin an actor. Re-read what you wrote.  Here are actors who have protrayed villians and are BRILLIANT actors. Unfortunatey MOST are in Hollywood and the west as there is less confusion there. But we have a few too. Here are a few names for you to think about - Shah Rukh Khan, Anthony Hopkins, Steve Buscemi, Sir Ben Kingsley, Signourey Weaver, Christopher Walken,  Robert DeNiro,  Jack Nicholson, Ralph Fienes, Al Pacino...

They are NOT the characters whom they play and we should not like or dislike them based on their characters.

My friend, do you think I don't know that? I've repeated that over and over since my 1st post. And I actually write scripts, unlike many of the posters here.

Sure, go ahead MIK, show your range, you're a good actor with potential to go far, but the actors should speak up when the script crushes the talents of the actor. The actor is bound by a contract, but the script has to be acted out, good or bad.

That's why I feel sorry for the actors who have to put up with scripts that are so atrocious.

As for the folks who have posted derogatory comments about me or my post, please note the following:

I'd never have got that from your posts.

Note:

India Forums does not permit posting of any content or material which is or can be construed as being

• abusive language or Derogatory Expressions.

Can you actually give an example? I doubt it.

I don't want to report the person a few posts back, as I have the right to post my POV here. Freedom of speech, in case folks haven't heard of it. That's why we have this forum.

Why would you report me? Exactly what did I write other than disagree with your post and point out the weakness in your arguement.  Are you trying to threaten me?

Its a civil discussion, not a cage match.

To the rude poster on the 1st page, a little civility would go a long way. I could have insulted you back, but I didn't.

Try to stay away from attacking the posters directly, comment about what they write, but don't insult other posters.

Look up civility. Might help gain you some dignity and respect.

I respect everyone here, please do the same for other posters.

Thanks.

Would you care to clarify what was so RUDE in post? Thanks.  You're coming off pretty accusatory here.

Edited by Laila2009 - 14 January 2011 at 11:50pm
mysticgoryfilms IF-Sizzlerz
mysticgoryfilms
mysticgoryfilms

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Laila, she wasn't talking about your post. :)

Go to top