India-Forums

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

Career killer episode for MIK, CVs to blame

Archanafan Senior Member
Archanafan
Archanafan

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
And the scriptwriters are truly to blame.

The demographics for shows like this one are predominantly female, 16-50, single, school and college going, and married women and they scrutinize every episode like hawks. What MIK's character was made to do today was positively vomit-worthy.

After seeing today's episode, where the character of (and fans of MIK, keep your hair on, I'm talking about the character, not the man, so chill) Rudra is shown behaving like a child-man, with him insulting his wife, when just an episode ago he was telling her he was with her no matter what, and then the next episode, physically abusing her by slapping a woman who is half his body weight, and then the kicker....throwing her out of the house, not even walking her out, throwing her out saying divorce papers will be sent to her. Okay now that's the limit.

The character doesn't even have the mental power to exonerate himself and when someone is going above and beyond the call of duty to help him, he tells her she's not fast enough. I think jerkville is missing a jerk. What a terrible plot!

It is unoriginal, crude and there's nothing believable about it: you've changed a face into a heel where there are already so many heels crowding the plot. Bad choice, horribly flawed writing. I am so disappointed.

If I were MIK, I'd be tearing my hair out. Once an actor portrays such a dreadfully negative character, and mean dreadful was what the character did today, he will turn off thousands if not millions of fans, female fans, and when it comes time to end this show or get another role as the lead, or get into Bollywood, fans are subconsciously going to remember this scene with him treating his wife like trash.

And sadly, they might, just might, associate his character with anything new that he does. That's a pity because he is a talented actor trapped within the poor writing skills of the scriptwriters and he may have no control over where they take Rudra, the recovering alcoholic, and now wife-beater.

But if they take Rudra into negative territory, MIK and his career might pay the price.

What was shown today could have been shown with more grace and class, instead it was too cruel and proof of bad writing.

The saddest part was that no one came to Gauri's aid when he threw her out, not Dadu, not Ketki, no one.

And no one notices Pihu's psychosis which is getting worse with every episode. Bet Additi is cursing the day when she signed on, I think she thought she'd be playing the second female lead, not the prime villain, which used to be RR's place. She's got range, but is miscast as a villain.

I feel sick to my stomach thinking that when all is said and done and Pihu is exposed, that Rudra will hem and haw and Gauri will take him back. She will take her drunkard, rude, cruel, wife-beater of a husband back.

That is when I will say alvida to this show.

God save all of us from bad script writing, as it can ruin carefully honed careers, which is what these actors do year after year, over countless years ans shows, carefully choosing roles and then being handed a script which they are bound by their contracts to follow through on.

Sad, very sad. I am appalled at what I saw today.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpzaara10Writer42bengalirani101Moodyblueinsia12.Lina.OrientalDancerLaila2009~~~~CHIPPEDCUPSofnaALUJNA21JunglebeeVasusenaRadheya

Writer42 Goldie
Writer42
Writer42

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Well said ArchanaFan. Today's episode was the worst. A career killer for MIK. The CVs ruined R's character. They made him a wife beater today just like his brother. I hope G doesn't take him back. If she does I won't watch this show any more. Current track makes no sense to me. One episode ago R was telling G he doesn't like to see her cry and in the next episode he slaps her hard across the face the throws her out. I was disgusted with today's episode.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zeezee55OrientalDancerVasusenaRadheya

putturani IF-Dazzler
putturani
putturani

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Good post Archanafan. Totally agree. This episode has put me off this show and I don't know what the writers can do to redeem the show or the character of Rudra. Unless they are changing their tune and going for Pihu-Rudra jodi which might even be accepted because firstly, they deserve each other and secondly both actors have die-hard fans. Disgusting writing today.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nowsheenmonalidp

betsyb Groupbie
betsyb
betsyb

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
ROFL most stupid post ever!!!ROFLROFLROFLROFL
MIK career depend on 1 episode of sangini??ROFLROFLROFLROFL
how old are you? have your brain cells stopped working?ROFLROFLROFL
MIK  will puke on you and your absurd postDead

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

pink gurlmiggieTasEvashLaila2009Rach-dc

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 6:39am | IP Logged
well, if R is drunk and abusing her ok i get it , nothing new. he was or is in full senses no ?? may be he is playing around, but stop this stupidity

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tas

Annu.. IF-Rockerz
Annu..
Annu..

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:11am | IP Logged

if I was in writer's place.. I would have just shown Pihu's rape test with full details in ME..LOL instead of Rudr's nautanki..Dead

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:17am | IP Logged
ppl love nautanki, else there wont be increase in trp's
Rach-dc IF-Rockerz
Rach-dc
Rach-dc

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 7:22am | IP Logged
I do not agree that yesterdays episode was a carrier killer for MIK. On the contrary I believe it was an episode that gave him an opportunity to shine.  An actors potential comes out when they get to play challenging roles with different shades not always playing the same +ve lovable roles.

I think R has many shades in him eventhough he is not a dominating character like Shiv or his other characters.  R I think is a more challenging character to play. He is doing it great and viewers who appreciate talent would appreciate and love that.

I am sorry but I do not understand the attitude in this forum of measuring an actor based on what his/her character does. Talking about AG's pihu, instead of appreciating AG's talent that is coming out through Pihu we take the apportunity to bash the actor, same thing happening with MIK too. If R does something good in an episode every body goes ga ga over MIK too and if R does something bad in an episode we all go ohhhh MIK's carrier is overLOL.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

nicshpink gurlkripsyzaara10miggieTas_Sahra_Laila2009insia1249erFanmysticgoryfilmsSofna

Go to top