India-Forums

Did Anuradha really get a raw deal? (Page 11)

Isha.Isha IF-Rockerz
Isha.Isha
Isha.Isha

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bedigirl

are any of you aware that anuradha has a law degree and was a practicing lawyer,.. and also that she had a job in a production house????
as for my upbringing... i went to a military boarding where i learnt sheer disciplilne, and to be tough and hardy ,  and also learnt to physically rough it out in tents and sleeping bags on hikes and camping trips... but taht was all fun!! the true challenge for me was starting my career at age 18 and not ever taking a penny from my parents post that till date to manage my life!!!
i've done it all on my own and i'm proud of it... will have them play frank sinattras' MY WAY at my funeral!! :)
parveen wasn't happy because she thought the act was regressive as a Rule change. when one hs a dining table it's really silly to have people only eat on the floor... plus papa had a bad knee and he stil graciously accepted the rule change but parveen was concerned about his knee!
she's a real trooper.. has no issue with any level of hardships.. goes with me to tiny villlages in interior india  to help me with my foundaation work... and eating on mud floors or sitiing amongst swarming mosquitoes does not deter her or me.... it's just regressive rules for no reason only to assert athourity was upsetting to her!

Now we know about Anu's qualification and career (or previous job) from many of your posts!
Impressive work by you and Parveen Thumbs Up
We (Purva, myself and may be many more) would like to read your response to:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1590425&PID=38219079&#38219079

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.AshimaAutumn.axeion

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged

well rajiv was shopping with me,... he decided on the changes with me .. and he certainly seemed to like it.. so bought it,... though later i saw him cribbing on camera about the expenses! which i actually found quite strange....

according to anuradha's diary which i have to folkow for 4 ddays... the child eats breakfast at 12 pm and eats dinner and  sleeps post  2 am... btw.. the chappati was soft and edible and the sabzi was freshly made in the morning...

Humm... so you have clarification for everything.. and why should we believe you Ms. Bedi? Afterall you will say anything to make yourself look perfect.. won't you? We debate on the basis of what we saw on the show.. we never saw you cooking anything in the kitchen.. also Yash said the same thing.. I am sure Anuradha too has such insider info about her experience in your house... there are always 2 sides to a coin.. Tongue

And is it right to post someone's personal diary info on a public forum? Specially someone's yearly income etc. etc.?

.AshimaIsha.Ishaaxeion

bedigirl Newbie
bedigirl
bedigirl

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by purva

If it's about being judgemental.. then Pooja was also judgemantal.. she herself decided that because Anuradha is a housewife and does all the house work herself.. she needs an advocate to fight for her rights.. isn't it possible that Anuradha does it out of choice?? 

About not eating on dinning table and mom making garam fulkas for kids.. I agree it was not necessary for Anuradha to force it.. but just like elite people don't eat in living room... middle class people don't go out and spend couple of thousand rupees on decor items just because the decor color combination is not balanced.. Ouch

And Pooja was right in showing her displeasure after the show by tearing Anuradha's letter.. she could have avoided "rakshasi" comment but then Rajiv also called her "Rakhi Sawant" which is not any less than "rakshasi".. but the Nigam's were not at fault for not appreciating what Pooja did and Rajiv did agree about the full time maid suggestion by Pooja.. but Pooja didn't have anything positive to say about Anuradha.. nor did she agree that her maid was at fault.. so it was evenSmile 
to put it very simply... there is no harm in being a housewife and wantiing to do thin\gs yourself.. as long as you DO It! dirty fithy house, a child with rotting teeth, poor scores and a husband who complains non stp about his wifes food is indicative of being unsuccessful as a house wife.
for your info... rajeev earns 2.5 crores a year.. his wife anuradha was a practicing lawyer and hade even worked in a production house....
my rakshashni comment was a result of coming home and being told by my children that she atttacked me, made them cry and the fact that my "happy home" and each and every member was in tears! i felt that i should not have let someone enter my home and create such mahabharata. and yes,.. i was certainly peeved that while i was fighting for her rights in her home , she fught against me in mine, and deeply hurt the people closest to me!

Hello Bedigirl.. welcome to the forum Smile

Agreed that Nigam house was not clean when you entered.. and Anuradha should clean it more often.. but I definitely won't call it dirty and filthy from what I saw on screen.. also we never saw you cooking or cleaning or teaching Yash in that house.. so all you did was point out faults and never actually adapt Anuradha's lifestyle which was the concept of the show.. Smile
it's hard to compress 300 hours of shooting into 2 hours of telecast... idea is to point out what's wrong and find solutions....  from the minute i entered i started cleaning, swabbing, dusting and making the home clean... along with cooking healthy meals and  i took yash and rajiv to a wonderful playgroup which yash totally fell in love with.. one on one teacher student interaction in a wonderful playful learning environment... unfortunatelyl post my leaving th home they didnt take it forward.... yash told me when i met him later that his mom had said there wass no need to join it.... but rajeev has assured me he certainly will ensure it happens !! not good for childs confidence to have such terrible scores!
also... the home was FILTHY!! they never even showed 5 percent of the dirt.. a reeal pity because  i did so many "before and after" montage shots for camera... even areas  below prayer altar had handfuls and handfuls of dirt and areas in kitchen were AWFULLLLLL!

And hard to believe you that Rajiv earns 2.5 crores per year.. he does Comedy Circus and maybe a few shows.. not possible to earn that much for a stand-up comedian.. and even if he does earn that much.. not everyone's priorities are same.. so what he wants to spend his money on is entirely upto him.. you should have discussed it with him before going out and spending his money.. Smile
heh heh! his wifes diary that had all their details for me to know on show states clearly thats what he earnss and has her signature below all the listed info!! i'm told apart from comedy circus he does many live eents and scrips many shows.... and. as for spending 7000 rupees of it.... he went shopping WIth me! we agreed on things together... so it was really odd to see him complain behind my back later... so strange!!

And why was Anuradha expected by Anita to fix jacuzzi and chimney.. while she was not given enough money to do so? Why was your maid Anita so rude to her?? Is she normally that rude to you too? Why did she refuse to follow Anuradha's rules when it was the concept of the show? And it was really cheap of Anita to laugh at Anuradha when she was explaining something about money to her.. and your kids also joined hands with Anita in doing so.. which was not right in my opinion.. Smile
i run a house single handedly and every week there is a to do or fix it list that is made... i was instructed that as she was to live my life i was to leave that weeks to do list for her to complete as she had to play the multitasking single mom.. replete with my exercise routines, writing columns, my charitable work, my events, nightlife, spa's, teaching kids, being a hands on mom etc etc.. i wish they had shown her doing my exercise routine,... that would have been FUN!! i'm told she did it only one day and then gave up!!
And finally.. I don't have any problem with your "rakshasi" comment.. as well as Rajiv's "Rakhi Sawant" comment Wink

Also one more thing.. your father Mr. Kabeer Bedi was very understanding and accepting of the change Anuradha tried to bring in your house Clap

Wish Anuradha would also be here to defend herself.. right now it's all one sided debate Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Arjun

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged

are any of you aware that anuradha has a law degree and was a practicing lawyer,.. and also that she had a job in a production house????

I wasn't aware of this, and as most of the ppl on this forum believe...The Voiceover was definitely biased towards u. Anuradha was portrayed as a typical middle-class housewife who's wrold revolves around her husband and son. We don't say Anuradha was right and you were wrong or vice-versa, but definitely there might have been some things that were good abt her too...which weren't shown on the TV. So yes, the show was edited heavily to show u in good light. 

@Parveen, well she might be a trooper, no one denies that... But not being open-minded enough to look from the other person's POV is not done. Chalo forget abt looking from Anuradha's POV, but Parveen could have been Dariyadil enough to let the Guest have her way around the house for those 4 days. It wasn't a permanent rule, and things would have got back to normal once the show ended. Where as the changes you bought in Nigam Household were more or else permanent, it's irrelevant when u say they were for Anuradha's betterment. It could have been some other changes too, and it would have got messy had they not been to her liking Confused Just my opinion, I would not like anyone else to take my decisions for me...Ouch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pratts.AshimaShizaruIsha.Ishapurva

Shizaru Goldie
Shizaru
Shizaru

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged

Are Ms Bedi forum meh??? you guys needs to clean up sharpish!!!!

if you are Ms Bedi........I only have one thing to say..........your kids are well mannered and well brought up........a real credit to you........and your house may have seemed like a hotel to Anuradha but to most viewers it looked like a home.........no different to 8 out of 10 households.......

-Sneha25-.Arjunaxeion

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged

well rajiv was shopping with me,... he decided on the changes with me .. and he certainly seemed to like it.. so bought it,... though later i saw him cribbing on camera about the expenses! which i actually found quite strange....

according to anuradha's diary which i have to folkow for 4 ddays... the child eats breakfast at 12 pm and eats dinner and  sleeps post  2 am... btw.. the chappati was soft and edible and the sabzi was freshly made in the morning...

Humm... so you have clarification for everything.. and why should we believe you Ms. Bedi? Afterall you will say anything to make yourself look perfect.. won't you? We debate on the basis of what we saw on the show.. we never saw you cooking anything in the kitchen.. also Yash said the same thing.. I am sure Anuradha too has such insider info about her experience in your house... there are always 2 sides to a coin.. Tongue

And is it right to post someone's personal diary info on a public forum? Specially someone's yearly income etc. etc.?

Well said Purvi Thumbs Up 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.AshimaIsha.Isha

bedigirl Newbie
bedigirl
bedigirl

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged

you must view show again... all i was doing 4 times a day was cooking!! there are shots of him praising my food too... in fact i'd cooked thai food one day and he finished every last morsel and said he'd eat even more if there wass anyleft over!! :) i've done all the professional cooking courses... very confident of my cooking skillls!!Big smile

the diary was hers for me to read and use for the show,,, it was "as told to production" and signed by her and i had to read every bit aloud to camera! I really wish they had shown episode over 4 days.... so much has been missed out.... anyway! hope yu enjoyed glimpses of my life and home and kids and puppies! cheers! take care! good night !!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Arpitachohan-Sneha25-.Arjunfire_gun

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ArpitachohanShizaru-Sneha25-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index