Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
that was fantastic suchitra ji.......but can you shed some light on who you picture as all of the characters....it would be great to put a face to a name.....once again great job....loved it...
zarmeeno thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow Suchi that was fantatastic. Amazing yaar. Keep writing
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Suchi Finallyy i read all d chapters . n Yarr u did awoaome job . Rithul seems 2 b a sweetheart n chooo cuteeee . n Sana seems 2 b veryy mature n strong gal whch i m lovngg . i m lovngg Rithul n Sana . n Trust me lol but i m imagining Kinshuk n NEha in rithul n Sana hehe
Continue soon .

Jaan plzzz i hav request 2 u . Plzzz if u cn then continue ur retreat as well . I m watngg impatiently for it . lovvvvv u
gmann2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Suchi loved the scene, it is getting interesting. Brother bonds are amazing, and also like the friendship Sana and Sapna shares. Can't wait to know more about Mehra family. I have to tell you that your character sketch is nicely done, especially Sana and Rithul. Sana seems very practical and Rithul is sensitive, what a combo. I am having fun reading your short story, please continue soon.
nirjuu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow, nice story suchi.... Loved all the characters... Plz continue soon....
prajee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Suchi... you are awesome..... i simply love these characters Rithul and Sana... :)
Good work dear.... pls continue soon.....
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Suchi, this last scene was very good. So Rithul shows her attitude, haan.. What a way to cool himself down and impress Sana... I love that Sana is today's girl heading a company. She is independent and has a brain of her own. Mehra family sounds cool. You know my best friend is married into Mehra family.. So , when I read the last name I was smiling and imagining my friend and her husband.
SweetQueens thumbnail
wow awesome, contiue soon Edited by SweetQueens - 13 years ago
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Chapter 4

The Family

Scene 1

" Ye jagah sahih nahi lag rahi hai. Kya yahi address hai?" asked sana looking at the visiting card

" Ji Madam, Yahi jagah hai" answered the Taxi Driver

"Teek hai, ye lo" said sana as she handed him money and got off the taxi.

A beautiful lush green front lawn welcomed her to the house that stood behind it.

To call it a house would be a mistake as it bore a closer resemblance to the huge mansions she had seen in Florida. The tall white pillars stood as reminders for everyone that the residents inside of its premises were people of high stature.

Sana rang the doorbell and waited certain that her destination was not correct.

"Aap kon hai" asked a man dressed in what looked like a uniform. He wore a red turban that matched very well with his white shervani.

"Mera naam Sana Mehta hai aur main Mr. Rithul Mehra sey milnay aayi hun" said Sana almost expecting the man to deny Rithul Mehra's existence

"Aap andhar ayiye voh aap hi ka intezaar ker rahe hain" said the man as he moved aside for Sana to enter.

The living room was huge. She could easily fit her entire apartment into it. As she looked around she noticed beautiful wall paintings, indoor plants, lamps that seem to grow out of the walls and chandeliers hanging down the ceiling.

"ji..?" came a voice behind her. Sana stood up quickly and saw a woman standing in front of her. She wore a dark blue saree that brought out her light green eyes and exemplified her sharp facial features. Though her eyes looked questioningly at her, Sana could not help notice that they were extremely kind. The kind that makes one spill their deepest secrets to them.

"Hello. Mera naam Sana Mehta hai. Main yahan Mr. Rithul Mehra sey milnay aayi hun" Said Sana

"Acha. Maakhan gaya hoga use bulanay" Said Hansa with a questioning tone.

"Ji"

"Aap baitiye. Main dekhthi hun"

"Bhabi, Meri baat ho gayi hai Gardner sey. Voh kal aa ker dekh lega sara kuch" said Shamita as she walked into the living room with a phone in her hand.

"Aap?" questioned Shamita as looked at Hansa for further information

"ji Main Sana hun aur main Mr. Rithul Mehra sey milnay aayi hun" Said Sana for the umpteenth time.

"Rithul sey?" said Shamita giving away her excitement

"Dost ho?"

"Ji, main .. yahan .kam.." stammered Sana not knowing how to answer that question. She could not say that she wasn't his friend. What if they get offended? And she could not approve of that either. She could not say that she came here to work because technically they were partners and she had made it clear that she wasn't an employee.

"Mom ye humari nahi project ki supervision ke liye aayi hai" said Rithul looking at Shamita. Sana looked around to see for an invisible entrance through which he could have entered and she saw a small arch like structure that blended so well with the wall that one could not assumed that it was a wall design rather than an opening.

"Mr. Rithul aapnay mujhe kaha tha ki main aapkay office main aaun. Ye tho aapka ghar hai. Phir ye address kiyun diya aapnay" said sana now looking directly at him.

" Ms. Sana main yahin sey kaam kertha hun and we have an inbuilt office space upstairs." Said Rithul who was now giving her complete attention.

" I am sorry, I do not think I will be comfortable here. If you wish for us to take this project on then either I work at a proper office or don't work at all" said Sana

"Sana, aapko yahan koi takleef nahi hogi. Rithul aur shravan bhi ghar sey hi kaam kerthay hain. Aapko kaam kay waqt koi disturb nahi karega" said Hansa in a dignified tone.

" Ye bath nahi hai Mrs. Mehra-

"Aunty bula sakthi ho- aur please yahin per kaam kariyega

"ji" said sana unable to argue further.

Sana was not a person who could easily be convinced into doing something that she did not like but there was something in her voice that stopped her.

"Please follow me" said Rithul.

"Rithul nay aaj sey pehlay kisi ko bhi ghar nahi bulaya bhabi. Aur voh bhi ek larki ko?

Aapko nahi lagtha ki voh kuch aur hi chahtha hai" asked Shamita suspiciously

"Han mujhe lagtha hai ki voh use pasand kertha hai aur hum sabko milwana chahtha hai. Lekin agar usney ye baat zahir nahi ki hai tho hum bhi ye nahi jathayengay ki hum samajh gaye hain" Said Hansa with a smile

"Aur mujhe nahi lagtha ki Sana ko Rithul pasand hai" She added thoughtfully

"Lekin kiyun?" asked Shamita with a confused look that clearly stated that how could anyone not like Rithul.

"Kiyunki voh Rithul ko nahi jaanthi. Jab jan jayegi thab ki tabh dekhengay" Said Hansa

"lekin bhabi, Sana hai bohot khubsoorat. Uski aankhain, facial features kithnay achain hai na. Mujhe tho bohot pasand aayi" Said Shamita excited

" Aur khuddhar bhi maloom hothi hai" Said Hansa thoughtfully

"aapko kaise pata chala bhabi"

"thumnay nahi dekha ki kis tarah voh koi bhi rishta agay barana nahi chahthi thi, bina maksad kay, bina koi vajay sey. Voh tho kaam chornay ki baat bhi ker gayi!

Ye vohi kertha hai jisko apnay uper pura aatm vishwas hotha hai." Said Hansa with a satisfied tone.

"Chalo , inkay aanay ka bhi waqt ho gaya hai" she continued urging Shamita to move ahead

Scene 2

"Please come in " Said Rithul as he showed Sana inside of a room that resembled their conference room. There were five computers lined up against the wall side by side, a large printer, working space in the middle of the room that had a leather recliner and table desk made of granite with an iMAC on it.

"I hope you will find everything you need here" Said Rithul as he pointed to the computers

"Those computers are for backups all connected to the main server so everything you do will be automatically saved. If there is a glitch then you will not have to worry.

And here is your main machine that you will use to work. The latest iMAC, best known for their graphics, of course you are well aware of that" he said with hands in his pocket

Sana sat down on the recliner and turned on the computer with out showing any emotions.

"Its 9:30 AM ms. Sana hopefully we will start the work at 9:00 AM- tomorrow onwards" continued Rithul with a sarcastic tone, hoping to get some reaction from her.

"I arrived here at 8:50 AM and it took me 5 min to reach your door , past the huge front garden. It took be another 5 min to find a seat for myself and not to mention, the next 25 minutes passed with me trying to explain my life purpose to your kind family members and another 5 minutes to come up here. Of course another 2 minutes just passed by, me trying to give an explanation about supposed lateness!" Said Sana in an angered tone.

"Now if you will kindly excuse me I have work to do" she said looking back at her computer

It was good that she did not look up or else she would have noticed Rithul's expressions that resembled a squashed toad.

Without further attempts for a forced conversation and to save his left over dignity, Rithul turned around and headed towards his cabin that was adjacent to Sana's.

Edited by Suchi-NivReniac - 13 years ago
gmann2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I am going to repeat myself but once again beautifully written sweetie. I was LOL when I read Rithul face resembled squashed toad. Rithul's family seems really nice, eagerly waiting to know them more.