Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

India-Forums

Sanjog Se Bani Sangini
Sanjog Se Bani Sangini

Will MIK get another lead role? (Page 7)

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pinkcarnation

Originally posted by JONAKIHATESYOU

MIK is 30.Maybe being 30 is not a big issue in Bollywood but it is a big problem in Tellywood.Most of the actors in Tellywood are 20-25.Actors who are 30 or 30+ normally gets father or elder brother roles.So now it is very difficult for MIk to play a male lead as most of the male leads are shown to be 25-26.MIK is aging drastically.I have noticed wrinkles around his face.He does not have that charm as before.So in these circumstances do you think MIK has a chance of getting another lead role after Sangini?
His aged look in Sangini has a lot to due with the makeup, look, and wardrobe.  The wrinkles around the eyes are evident, but not prevalent.  MIK maintains his physique and health, he should be good for a few more years.
Sorry PC, but they are there. I don't see anything that the make-up or wardrobe people are doing. As for his look, he's supposed to be YOUNG not old. Sure he is healthy, but he's even losing hair!

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

What ails him in Sangini is that he plays such a naive character (doesn't have a job, doesn't do much but mope, and Rudra also doesn't follow common sense) even though Iqbal himself physically looks like a focused and mature guy by his looks and stance.

I feel that if he wants to continue in tellywood, then he should do for his next role a character that is very mature and very focused. A somewhat dominating character instead. Or he should be in a show that allows the character to grow from one extreme to another (like another one of my favorite shows with him in itEmbarrassed). Sangini just started a few months ago so obviously his character won't change so soon, but I hope as Sangini goes on, Rudra's character also grows. Rudra already has by taking responsibility by marrying Gauri and going to work. But I wish Rudra becomes a more dominating and more "manly" character in this show.

And it might help if he grows out his goatee again. I love Iqbal best with itEmbarrassedTongueWink
Sangani should end and MIK should find a better role like the one you have described.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

wilddevil2010koolchickmysticgoryfilms_RiaNa_

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rach1

LOL - Why is being in 30's a big deal   - all stories dont revolve around teenage characters - why wouldnt a talented ator like him get roles?
On Indian television they do. Not Hollywood.
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JONAKIHATESYOU

MIK is aging very badly and it can be seen.He needs a cosmetic surgery immediately to regain his Shiv looks.Shiv is still the best.
Disagree. MIK looks great! I would hate for him to have surgery. I would rather roles were written for him that were age appropriate and he was paired with actresses that looked closer in age and height!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jakrmysticgoryfilms

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jakr

He looks very handsome and fit for Rudra role. . For thatmatter even the super stars look tired and weird in some scenes. Why fuss about his age? He is afaboulous actor and many wants to see him again and agin for his excellent acting. Why at all disuss his age? Even if he is tired he looks handsome. We as his true fans should always support him and  present encouraging comments . See the positive sides. Wishing  him a bright future.Leads can be other than the romantic teenage ones.
No-one is arguing that he does not look good or even better looking today. Nor is anyone wishing ill on him or desires that his career end.  However, the truth is evident on Indian television that after a certain age your career is OVER. For women it is 25 and for men 30. Lead roles are always played by younger stars. Bollywood allows male leads to last forever and female leads are finished at 30. Just recently we've seen a few actresses continue to work as leads over the age of 30. Give me an actress other than Rekha, Hema Malini or Shabana Azmi who played a lead role in a film after the age of 35.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

wilddevil2010CHIPPEDCUP_RiaNa_

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shumi.

look and age doesn't matter if they are good in acting...one simple example is south super star rajnikanth!!!!...he is 61 years old ....very very dark and completely bald...his recent release enthiran pairing with aishwarya bachchanLOL... is box office hitTongue.....IQ khan is one such kind...Big smile

Films and television have different rules when it comes to AGE for a lead.

wilddevil2010CHIPPEDCUP

Annu.. IF-Rockerz
Annu..
Annu..

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shipra_S

as someone said, it's talent that matters alot. Ronit Roy was paired opposite Prerna, when he was in his mid 30s. he was the romantic lead of kzk for an year,alongside Cezzane. so besides age, talent matters a lot too. and everyone knows MIK is a very good actor n has immense fan following. so may be he can get lead roles in future too.

how old Rishab Bajaj was shown in KZK.. and how old was Jai Walia in Kasam Se.. didn't they apply whitener to their hair..  if Iqbal is offered similar kind of roles.. will he be ready to do the same?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

wilddevil2010koolchick_RiaNa_

CHIPPEDCUP IF-Sizzlerz
CHIPPEDCUP
CHIPPEDCUP

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
MIK can play a role like Jai of Kasam Se.It will suit his age.But he needs to gain weight and remove the wrinkles.

koolchick_RiaNa_

Go to top