Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Poor judging last week.......... (Page 2)

.Nish. Senior Member
.Nish.
.Nish.

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by venture

Originally posted by vickosh

I think the judges were not fair in their jugding last week.  On the first day all the stars except Sushant got very poor scores compared to the stars who performed on the second day.  If you see the list of scores you will see that overall three stars from the first day were in the bottom three in the judges scoring.  For them to make up this ground was very hard.  I dont know how Mahi and Ragini got such high scores for their performances................

Both are extremely week...............I dont understand it when Madhuri judges Ragini based on her facial expressions when her dancing is so poor. ( Very unfair remarks, dancing involves not only body movemennt but your expressions should accompany that as well, she may not be PERFECT as Sushant or Ankita in dancing but the potential is there, and this show is about making the NON DANCERS as a competant dancer , as I remeber in the intro part , thats what the judges said, ) She gets so tired and immovable in the middle of the routine and her body language is very clumsy.  ( Again a very biased judgemnet, she slowed down then did picked up and the act was over all if not excellent good enough to deserve that mark, please respect the efforts , they may not be your favourite, but they are there in the competition too, if they will not perform sooner or later they will be out, Ragini would be out , but while she is there or Daya, or Shekar or Chang or Mahi, they are giving there best, and there best might not liked by everyone but still there are people who would vote for them , who like them , just because your favourite got elimnated does not mean that others did not desreved to be there, sooner or later everybody would have to go and there would be only one winner, they may not be our favourites but non the less they will be the winners, no need to be disrespectful to other contestant, they work hard , yes they get paid for that but still they do it with all there sincerity)

Mahi is also so slow and weak on her feet. I dont like it when contestants are given some endearing names like "small packet....etc." and just hate it when she giggles all the time like a little child.  It gets very annoying( May be its cute for some body).   Savio's choreography has very slow movements to compensate for Mahi's lack of speed.  Its  is so obvious.  I dont know why Remo cannot see this.   He comments so negatively towards Rushali's choreograpy when you can see her trying so hard to make Daya move...................

I am not shocked at all that Yana got eliminated.  She being a model and not so popular as others needs judges help to stay.   They were very harsh towards them.  Yana on her bad days is better than any other femal celebraty on this show.  She is very athletic, graceful and has better body posture  while dancing................  Not one of the other females come close...(You may be absolutely right in your opinion but dear you dont to put others down to support your favourite, that is not nice, and I am sure Yana will be back and will be in the finalsand who knows they will win, and Ragini and Mahi will be eliminated , but then its a competition at the end there will be only one winner but all the contestant desreve a fair chance to show there talent , and Ragini and Mahi and the others may not win it but they have every right to be there as long as the public wants them. I hope that you dont take my answering you as bashing or telling you off , not at all, just giving you the other perspective , I appologise if you fnd it rude, the intention is not to be)
well said ClapClapClap
totally agree with uWink

prettywomen22 IF-Dazzler
prettywomen22
prettywomen22

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:46pm | IP Logged

good observation vickosh.... I kind of agree to you.  I too don't understand on what stand judges declare their marks.  Sometimes they give high marks for the performance which was not good and low marks for the performance which was really good.  Until now, I beleive Remo has been consistent in giving the right marks to most of the contestants so far.  Again there are times when I felt he should have given better marks to few contestants who really deserved for their performance.

TheUltimate Senior Member
TheUltimate
TheUltimate

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NaDzGirl

u can never sideline judges of a reality show as they'r not paid to give marks and comments freely. they'r responsible for da marks they give to each contestant otherwise y would u need judges in da first place??

wt i dont get is, how can they give gud marks to shekhar who's not performin well compared to others?? i just dont get it at all. how can they give extra marks considerin his seniority? 

i agree, yana got out simply cz she's not as popular as da other female contestants but she's da best female dancer in da show who can pull off any dance form unarguably 

Very simple if you think about it. Judges' job is to provide an honest feedback from a maestro's point of view.
The judges are the ones who pretty much know dancing inside-out. If the voter is logical and his voting is solely based on the quality of dancing, he will be influenced by judges' comments.
If a voter is an emotional fool, there are chances that he has a favorite judge too. He will vote for that judge's favorite.
If a voter does not have any leaning towards a particular judge but towards a participant, the judges' comments will make him furious if they are against the one who he is supporting.
If Yana is less popular than other female contestants, it did not happen overnight. She knew it before participating in the contest.
vickosh Senior Member
vickosh
vickosh

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:36am | IP Logged

I personally think that the audience has the right to judge a contestant on whatever basis they feel right.  They could vote based on the appearance, gender, personal taste....whatever it is, it is OK.  But the judges need to give the correct score to every contestant.  They have to put aside any personal perferences and base their scores on pure dancing alone.  They should not feel bad to give score of 4 or 5 to contestants that are weak. This way two things are accomplished. 

One is the contestant  knows that they need to work hard and to work on things that they are weak at.  For example if Ragini or Mahi is told that she has a particular flaw when needs to improve then know that they have to improve on it.  Just saying that you were very good or fantastic when they were not is not helping them. 

The second point is that if the judges score are correct, they will be able to compensate for the voting by the audience which is purely based on personal liking rather than good dancing.  This will help people like Yana or the other model who got eliminated in the first round.

Judges should encourage the contestants for sure.  So if Ragini and Mahi started getting score of 3, 4 or 5 in the beginning and then improved to 4, 5, 6 and then to 5, 6, 7  that would be understandable. Giving them scores of 8 or 9 or 10 when they are clearly not at that point must be very frustrating to other contestants when they are far better but receive score of 7.

Anyways, looks like I have ruffled a lot of feathers with my comment/observations about Mahi and Ragini,.......................

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

infinity00

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vickosh

I personally think that the audience has the right to judge a contestant on whatever basis they feel right.  They could vote based on the appearance, gender, personal taste....whatever it is, it is OK.  But the judges need to give the correct score to every contestant.  They have to put aside any personal perferences and base their scores on pure dancing alone.  They should not feel bad to give score of 4 or 5 to contestants that are weak. This way two things are accomplished. 

One is the contestant  knows that they need to work hard and to work on things that they are weak at.  For example if Ragini or Mahi is told that she has a particular flaw when needs to improve then know that they have to improve on it.  Just saying that you were very good or fantastic when they were not is not helping them. 

The second point is that if the judges score are correct, they will be able to compensate for the voting by the audience which is purely based on personal liking rather than good dancing.  This will help people like Yana or the other model who got eliminated in the first round.

Judges should encourage the contestants for sure.  So if Ragini and Mahi started getting score of 3, 4 or 5 in the beginning and then improved to 4, 5, 6 and then to 5, 6, 7  that would be understandable. Giving them scores of 8 or 9 or 10 when they are clearly not at that point must be very frustrating to other contestants when they are far better but receive score of 7.

Anyways, looks like I have ruffled a lot of feathers with my comment/observations about Mahi and Ragini,.......................
  Its more fun this way!!!WinkWink  No I understand what you are saying, but judges judgments in voting contest doesnt matter that much as fans would vote there favourites no matter how bad they would perform. Coming to Ragini,s points, mostly she got, 6s and 7s. only once she got 30, and once 26, but she had, 19, then 21 and 20 as well, she will be out one day if she doesnt do better and I will not be surprised but if meantime she can perform well hopefully she will prove the critics wrong, hopefully but if not , the  exit door is clearly marked. But at the same time fans of Sushant or Yana can not just claim that they are the only best contestant there, there is a room for everybody to perform , not every performer is professionaly trained , they all have fair chance of improving and the audiance should appreciate it.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
No offense to anybody, but I have always been irked by this season's judges.

Remo mostly rests his points on the choreography for some reason, and gives out 2-3 comments about the participants, and then keeps going on about how the choreography was. Only last time was he really talking about the dancing aspect of it, but then he got really technical about it.....as if the contestants were from DID, and not JDJ. Perhaps he is still getting the hang of this show, or just has sort of an identity crisis. Anyways...

I was so excited when I heard that none other than Madhuri Dixit has been asked to judge the show...I was looking forward to it, but to my surprise, she has kinda disappointed me. She is indeed very witty and bubbly, her presence is quite vivacious and all, but honestly don't see any connection between her comments and her scoring.

Malaika...hmmm she has actually been very critical(in a positive way) about the dancing...she is kinda like the Saroj Khan of this season....she might be harsh sometimes, but her points are valid....but of late, I have seen her going off-course.....

I wish we could have Vaishnavi Merchant, Shaimak etc back....
--Rachna-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Rachna--
--Rachna--

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
^^ Shiamak Davar was the best judge! Big smile I liked Vaibhavi too Tongue You spelled her name wrong LOL

Go to top