Posted: 13 years ago
i am an anthropology student and wud like to say that there is too much outside and contemporary judging on this show, maybe bal-vivah works for the villagers and maybe it is not that bad for the girls there either, alsoo i wud like to say that i seriously cannot digest the jagya belittling anandi track-because i really dun understand a person who always thought of sumone as his wife, who has been brought up in this culture, or who has always loved to be anandi's husband, can all of a sudden take a u-turn after just spending like a month in mumbai??? yes he can be a lil rude, yes he can maybe laugh at a few things anandi does, but belittling her to that extent and then falling for sumone else??? and please do not get me started on the portrayal of children in this show!!!! children living in non-contemporary environment end up growing way faster but these kids have an IQ much less then an average kid of the city!! 12 yr olds r portrayed as 2yr olds!!!
Many of us in this forum have already felt the same things. Jagya is behaving the way he is cause he feels guilty, so in turn he is trying to justify his actions to himself by believing his wife is not worthy of him. Eventually his kaali kartoot will come to light and he will be taken to task
nice attempt bolly!!
just for gauri footage.......... jagya got moulded i think!! sarfira character toh pehle se hi tha...........
But this was going a bit too far.............Jagya throwing away Anandi's gift, sulking........Gauri was delighted to be home...........Jagya looked pretty indifferent.

And what was with the twins...........I know there is a special bond but never knew they always speak together.

Dadisa continues to amaze me and I hope she continues to do so.
Originally posted by groucho

But this was going a bit too far.............Jagya throwing away Anandi's gift, sulking........Gauri was delighted to be home...........Jagya looked pretty indifferent.

woh ab gaon ka chhora na raha naa............... he is now shehri jagat! 😕
this is completely true..stuff like this happen
can i ask who is gauri..is it the girl jagya married when he was a child?
Originally posted by _naksh_

this is completely true..stuff like this happen
yeh all of a sudden a person's personality changes, i dun think so, jagya has always loved anandi and has always been anandi's husband, this relationship has never been a constraint, plus he has always lived in such an environment, i have never seen even an indian student behaving like this when they come bak from foreign!
actually i can very confidently tell u there are MANY people who go nuts when they move out of homes..esp if they hv been brought up in a manner which is not balanced..i know atleast 3 girls frm my batch who were frm smaller towns and went total bonkers moment their parents bid them goodbye and left the hostel..since none of u know thm,i dnt even feel guilty telling u tht everything frm drugs to abusive relationships to abortions have happened..its not a pretty story..bt it happens..and sorta gives me a vindictive feeling coz I was labelled as "loose" bt many of the so-called "cultured" small towners..tht was besides the point bt i cudnt resist..
sudden total freedom wid nobody to answer to can really unleash the experimental monster in u..and jagdish has been shown as a guy who gets easily carried away rt frm childhood..it was anandi who kept him in his senses..tht is the beauty of their relationship,they complemented each other very well..he called her bluff and she called his..and now he is being too big for his shoes..am sure when gauri finds out his bluff,she is going to do sum serious ass-kicking..pardon my language,bt two months of watchiing only FRIENDS has done this to me..😆
I agree Anu..The show couldn't get more realistic than it is now ! At least the way they are portraying Jagya's character...this is something which actually happens...and I dont see that as a shocker.. In fact Anandi being a sati-savitri even after such humiliations is something that I cannot digest....any sane person by now would have stood up for one's self respect! and not bow down and do things to please others....and I am sure Gauri will definitely kickass when she comes to know of Jagya's reality !