ME - 13 Jan'11 - Daily Discussion

axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: .Isha.

Let's all discuss our views about today's episode.
Please follow IF-COC. 

Please post only after show starts. If anyone can write short summary, it would be great!😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

axeion thumbnail
Anyone giving updates today?
Isha.Isha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: axeion

Anyone giving updates today?

Somebody, anybody, everybody? 😆
Give me half an hour and the updates would be up for today's episode.
axeion thumbnail
Ishii matt dekh... Tujhse saha nahi jayega 😛
axeion thumbnail
Kamaal hai...Anuradha thinks Khana kahin bhi kha sakte hain....Dining table pe khana zaroori nahi...Arre bhool gayi kya purane zamane mein sirf rasoighar mein khana khate the...😕
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Brief Update of what I remember....

Anita goes to Anuradha's room and starts arguing with her. Ani says Anu that Pooja didi rules Anu has not followed properly so how can Anu start her rules. Anu says from today it is my turn so all will happen as per my rules.. Ani defy her and keep on arguing on this point and also on some things to get repaired in the house. Anu says she has no money.. she was given only fixed amount and from that already some have been spent and not much left for the work to be done and she is not going to spend her money. Both argue very much. Anu tells Ani to go out and Ani thinks Anu is telling her to go out of the house and so the argument continues.. Anita surely is very rude with Anuradha. Finally Anuradha says get out from this room. So Ani says that is ok but she will not go out of the house.

Anu wants them to sit in the hall and have dinner like she does in her house.. she feels eating on the dinning table is not good always and all should eat anywhere in the house, so she suggests the hall. Aaliya think at first object and says she likes to eat on dining table but Anu says we will eat in the hall sitting on the floor. Finally they eat in the hall.

Then one time they are shown eating on the dining table and Anu making garam garam rotis for the kids and giving them as she feels that is how love is given. Aaliya says when my mom is there we all sit together and eat and discuss the day what each one did but here we are feeling so lonely eating alone. Afterwards Anu asks Aaliya whether she would make out the difference is rotis as she had made.. Aaliya says not much. Anu is upset and is shown talking to the camera may be she liked it but is not admitting it.

One time Kabir Bedi (Pooja's dad) and his friend comes to their place. K's friend is upset with the changes made by Anu. She is not happy that they will be eating dinner in the hall. Kabir says OK. Finally they eat in the hall only. K's friend explains to Anu that in your house you are only as a wife and mother and do work associated to it but here Pooja is everything and she has to do all the things which one has to do to make a house run. Finally Kabir and his friend leave.

Anu surprises Aaliya with her painting put in the frame.. Aaliya is very happy to see them. They put all the frame painting of Aaliya on the wall. One painting Aaliya says not to remove as that painting was given by her Nani to Pooja, so that is not removed.

Pooja appoints the help but Rajiv is not so happy.

Thank you so much sweta 😛 

Thanks Poorva ...will wait for your updates
I missed the first 2 - 3mins of the show but from when I walked in. This is what I call preparations for the war

The arguments from previous day continue. Anu walks into Aaliya's room and apologizes for her behavior. She takes Aaliya outside and shows her something - it's all of Aaliya's paintings that she has gotten framed. Aaliya is ecstatic. She had forgotten about some of them. Anu wants to take off all of Pooja's art collection and put up Aaliya's paintings, Aaliya is hesitant. She is very firm about one Hussain painting tho. She says it was a it from my Naani to my Mom so it has a lot of sentimental value for us. Very well done Anu, appreciating the kids, and trying to build bridges, both earn you brownie points from me.

Mission re-decoration is on in Pooja's fiefdom too. She takes Rajeev and Yash shopping. Pooja buys new crockery, rugs, drapes, furnishings, linen etc. Rajeev is not happy with this expenditure. He says if I had to buy all this stuff, I would've bought something within my own budget, I would've bargained a lot and maybe not gone in for certain expenses immediately. Now that is a very valid point, Pooja paisa phekne se pehle jeb dekhna padta hai.

Score Anu 1 - Pooja 0

Agli Subah Elaan-e-Jung

It's the morning of their own reigns. Both the women start the day in their own styles, Pooja start the day with prayers, Anuradha walks in very determinedly into the kids' rooms and wakes them up.

Pooja has Yash help her with redecorating. She is very happy with her shopping and says that she has kept the color scheme of Anu's home in mind while buying everything. Rajeev walks in from the temple, Pooja is in the middle of redecorating. Rajeev continues walking in, Pooja stops him and asks him to at least appreciate the effort she is taking. Rajeev mutters "itna paisa kharch kiya hai to achha to lagna hi chahiye". Pooja is exasperated. She says that's the problem with Rajeev, whatever one does he never has a word of appreciation. Rajeev aap ye baat Pooja se bhikeh sakte the, ki ye sab aapke budget mein nahi hai. Woh samajh jaati. prolly you need to learn to discuss, not dictate.

Anu has the kids go in to the kitchen and pick up what they would like to get for breakfast by themselves. The kids are still sleepy and not at all in the mood for this, still they agree. (Hey Pooja, teaching kids to get things done for themselves is good, appreciate this)

Rajeev on the other hand makes the morning chai for himself and Pooja. Pooja thanks him nicely for the tea an makes him promise that he would do this everyday for Anuradha. (Hmm Pooja bigde bailko kaabu kar liya, not bad girl)

Score Anu 2 Pooja 1

Anu is also in the kitchen. She is making hot rotis for the kids. She says, now the kids will appreciate the value of hot food and mother's love. Aaliya nad Omar are unimpressed btw. They are sitting on the dining table and being served rotis by Anu. She does not even bother with the plate and brings in rotis, still clutched in the tongs. Aaliya tells the camera that they are feeling very lonely at the table as whenever they sat down to eat Pooja used to make a point of sitting with them and talking to them about all their activities. IT used to be a special bonding time. Now they feel as though no one cares. Anu asks the kids if they could feel the difference between the rotis that she made and the ones Anita used to make. The kids say "Not really". Anu goes into a room, closes the door and starts crying.

Anu -1 for this performance. Did she assume that Anita does not love the kids? Listen to what the kids need. They need to share their day and interests witht heir Mom, sirf garam roti banaane se aap Maa nahi ban jaate. Baccho ke dil ko samajho darling.

Now starts the Mission Maid from both the households. There was a lot of back and forth and no clarity on which incident took place on which day. I'll try to be as faithful as I can.

Anita starts by protesting against Anuradha. She says that when Pooja left, she asked you to have the kitchen chimney repaired and the Jacuzzi filter attended to and some other chores. Why have you not done that. Anuradha retorts that all this is expenses worth 6k and Pooja left precisely 3750 with me. Anita is not ready to accept, she says if Pooja left that much money then thats what it costs you please attend to it all. Anu is adamant that she would not and that Anita should manage as best as she can. At this Anita loses her temper, she says for 4 days Anu did not take care of even one of Pooja's responsibilities so she has no right to run the house as per her wishes. At this Anu gets angry and starts screaming at Anita. She says "You are only a maid, how dare yo speak to me like that" or something to that effect. Anita is like if you have not taken Pooja's role, then don't dictate your terms. it ends with Anu asking Anita to leave and screaming at her and Anita retorting that she would not leave on Anu's say so and she has been in this family for 10 years and only Pooja an throw her out. Finally Anita walks out of the room slamming the door saying that she would not let Anu run the house as per her wishes. (Arre baap re baap, maine toh socha tha ki aisi maids sirf Ekta ke serial mein hoti hain, Anita anytime you want, you have a job with me girl. Kya aapke ghar mein rishtedaar aapko sataate hain, saas taane marti hai, aapka hubby aapko cheat kar raha hai. Ab solution hamaare paas hai. Aaj hi call kijiye aur Anita ko apne ghar le jaiyye, woh aapke saare problems solve kar degi.)

All this while Omar in whose room the showdown takes place is quiet. Anu asks him if she was wrong. the boy says not entirely, but you should have simply asked her very nicely to go from the room and told her to calm down before discussing further. Anu says but I asked her to leave, she wouldn't listen. Just then Aaliya walks in and asks what happened. She says all I could hear was get out get out in very loud voice and Anita claiming that she would not. Poor Anu, she expected sympathy from the kids, but both seem to be supporting Anita. She barges out of the room, goes to her room and starts crying.

Anu -1 for this performance. 4 din resort ki masti uda li, ab kahe ka rona?

Hum apni pyaari Pooja ko nahi bhoole hain abhi. She has told the watchman to get a maid and its the watchman with someone for the job. Rajeev asks the watchman to leave. Pooja and Rajeev have a showdown.Rajeev cannot see the necessity for  maid, Pooja insists she needs one. Rajeev says that women all over manage their homes, then go to work and then come back and again manage the kitchen. What is the need for maids. Pooja should learn to do without a maid. Pooja is angry she says that just because women have to live such a life, it is not necessary that Anu also should. A maid would make her life easier. She says it takes me 3 hours to clean up this place everyday and still it is not half as clean as it should be. It is wrong to live in a dirty place. Rajeev still insists that there is no requirement for a maid and that he helps out. Pooja says you only helped out because I asked you to. Rajeev is then like yes because I work 18 hrs a day. Pooja is then back, so why don't you want your wife to get help when you can't provide it for her. Rajeev is like even before you came in our house was running well, you are only trying to bring up non-issues. Pooja says, fine, 4 days this house has to be run as I ask, so I'm hiring the maid, if you want you can fire her after 4 days. That settled Pooja lets the maid in. Rajeev is visibly upset and he walks out of the house. Rajeev ke ghar mein koi uski baat nahi kaat sakta, arre Pooja aapne to Rulebook ka pehla rule hi change kar diya.

Pooja has the maid do the dusting, make the beds, and then take out all the clothes from the wardrobes and refold them and arrange the wardrobes properly. She is ecstatic with her victory.

Score Pooja leads by one point

On the other hand Kabir Bedi and his GF Parveen Dusanj walk in to visit. Anu inko to darwaaze ke bahir nahi rakh sakti na. They are welcomed. Parveen gifts a bouquet to Anu for trying to take over Pooja's responsibility. The maids and the kids take Parveen aside and tell her everything that has transpired so far. Parveen is angry. On the other hand Kabir is trying to talk to Anu. He asks her if she is able to make the transition well. Anu says that she comes from a very different background, she believes in "Simple living and high thinking" but here things are exactly the opposite. Kabir interrupts and says they are not opposite, they are slightly different because people here believe in "high living and high thinking" Atta boy Kabir, not for  nothing are you the hunkiest, sexiest man alive. Can I take minute to drool over Kabir in his black figure hugging T-shirt and sexy jeans, gelled back hair, that soft smile on his lips, well chiseled body. OHH man, this show will be a hit if they just keep having this kind of drool-maal walk in, in every other episode.

Parveen walks into the room and joins the conversation. She says that probably Anu should not make changes just for the sake of changes, she should understand why things are done in a certain way and then bring in improvements based on her experience as a housewife. Anu disagrees, she says I just want to shoW*His family another way of living. Parveen says that in this house Pooja has to be the father, the mother, take care of the maintenance, the bread-winner all in one. So the rules that Pooja has make sense for her lifestyle, Anu should not judge Pooja and her life from one perspective alone.Parveen then asks her what is the first change you brought in, Anu says it was the dining table, she has made the rule that food will not be served at the dining table. Parveen is like why, if there is a dining table in the home why should food be served elsewhere? Anu then says thats the way things are done in her home so thats what she is comfortable with. Then Parveen asks her why she does not take the meals with th kids? Anu says she likes to make hot chapatis for her husband and kids and feed them garam garam khana. Parveen: then when do you eat. Anu: after everyone has eaten. Parveen: You know I blame mothers like you for the condition of women, you are giving your son also the same upbringing that he would expect his wife to eat after he is through, whatever happened to sharing? Anu is very upset at hearing all this and says that she is proud of te way she is bringing up her son, and would like to see his wife follow her style of homemaking. Kabir interrupts and asks are they welcome to stay for a meal? Anu says of course, but the food will not be served on the dining table. As she does not allow the kids to eat there, it would be unfair if she serves Kabir and Praveen at the dining table. Kabir says he has no objection, he can even sit cross-legged on the floor and eat. Parveen tries to object but keeps quiet. Food is served in the drawing room, with Paoja's coffee table serving as the dining table. Kabir says you've served us Pasta, so there is no need of hot rotis, why don't you join us? Anu says she is on a fast. Kabir politely says that yes I had forgotten abut such things as fasts. Finally the meal is over, Kabir and Parveen leave. Parveen is still cribbing that she ate int hat way only because of Kabir. Kabir walks out of the home and says "Pooja has a very accommodating nature and can adjust anywhere, Anu meanwhile comes from a closed mind set and cannot even ebgin to understand any lifestyle other than her own, so this exchnage is going to be tougher on Anu"

Kabir Kabir Kabir such perspicacity, such poise, such charm, arre yaar, Parveen ke baad meri baari. Btw isn't that the second Parveen in his life - Parveen Babi and now Parveen Dusanj, nice girl, par mera number kab aayega?

Score Anu -1 for this one. So its Pooja 2 Anu 0

Back to Pooja now. Rajeev walks into hishome, Pooja proudly shows off how well the house is looking after the maid helped her. Rajeev says ab saara din ghar pe rahegi toh kuch karegi na. Pooja is like aap kabhi tareef nahi kar sakte na. Rajeev says you only want to change our life, what improvement are you bringing in our life, just then Pooja notices Yash sitting on the centre table which is made of glass. She asks Yash never to sit on the table as it is of glass and it might hurt him. Rajeev shuts up. Ab yeh table to Pooja nahi layi thi na, tum logon  ne ye baat kabhi Yash ko kyon nahi sikhayi ki table par nahi baitha karte.

Mission maid is still on.

Pooja has Rajeev walk out of the house down to the ground floor. Rajeev is too harassed by now, he says, I'll hire as many maids as you wish, you don't need to do this. Pooja says its not about the maid. I need your help with a bit of cleaning. The watchman is standing there with a tall stool and a jhaadu, Pooja says that I want you to climb up and clean the cobwebs from outside the windows. Rajeev says that wait let me call somebody to do this. Pooja says nahi yeh to ghar ka kaam hai, hume kisi ki help nahi chahiye. Rajeev tries to dodge and get someone, Pooja says when you are asked to do a chore you want help, but you don't want to keep a help for your wife? Rajeev finally says yes I get the point you are trying to make, I'll keep a maid. Uff itna naatak, akal ki baat pehle nahi samajh mein aa rahi thi? Waise yeh miyaan-biwi shayad abhi bhi 18th centurey mein jee rahe hain.

Score I want to give Pooja 2 points for finally winnig this battle, but let's be fair. So its Pooja 3 Anu 0

Ab hai thoda family bonding time Nice scenes of Anu painting on the same canvas with Aaliya, Pooja is teaching Yash to brush his teeth by himself, Anu trying to talk to Aaliya and Omar, Pooja playing with Yash. Last day for the ladies in this household

Anu finally get around to getting the necessary repairs done. There is yet another showdown at Pooja's house. It starts innocently. The kids, Anu and the two maids are sitting and talking about things. Anu says that can you see the difference between the way I do things and the way Pooja does. Aaliya says but you only talk of food all the time, you did not take care of other things that Mom used to, Anu says, I did not have money and did not know who to call. Anita says that how did you get it all done now? Anu says that I did not have to do all this I only had to follow the rule book, Anita says wasn't all this there in the rule book? Anu says I didn't have the money and I never knew that you had extra money, you should've told me about it. Anita says, you did not give me that money, Pooja did, I'll account for that money to Pooja, you only put down how you used the money Pooja left for you. Anu says look I'm trying to do the best I can didn't I help you in the kitchen? Anita says you were supposed to take care of cooking and I was only supposed to do the utensils and all. Anu says that I was busy with getting all the repairs done as per the instructions in the rule book. All start laughing and Anu leaves the Room crying yet again. madam yeh sab aapke aalas ka nateja hai, pehle hi yeh kaam kar leti to sabka dil bhi jeet leti aur apni izzat ki dhajjiyan bhi nahi udwati

Pooja has yet another maid walk in, this one is supposed to help her n the kitchen, she starts cleaning all the shelves and dabbas in the kitchen. Pooja takes a final look at the house and says she has a very nice Amrita aShergill painting that will go well with the decor, she'll gift it to Anu. Boy oh Boy thats worth a fortune, very genrous of you Pooja

Finally its the last night before the two women return to their respective domains.

Rajeev offers to cook for Pooja. She dresses up in a Salwar Kurta, Rajeev is trying to flirt with her, she keeps giving him the cold shoulder. On the other hand Anu offers to the kids that since it is her last night, she wants everyone to dress p in typical indian attire and have indian food in indian style (she means siting on the floor, humme bhi nahi maloom tha). the kids agree. Aaliya converts one of her dresses into a kurta and pairs it with legging and takes a stole, Omar is wearing a nice kurta pyjama. She is ready. Anu walks in and says let me help you get ready, Aaliya and Omar look at each other. Anu gives some danglers to Aaliya, and braids her hair and puts a bindi on her. Aaliya says look I dressed up as you asked, i wore indian clothes, wore a bindi and all the danglers and all, please let me do one thing my way. Anu agrees, Aaliya lets her hair loose.

Its the final Showdown

Both women pack their things. Pooja walks into Yash's room saying that I'm sure he'll miss me. Yash is still sleeping. she tries to softly caress him, he sleeply jerks her hand away. Pooja closes the door and walks out saying that even in that gesture I think I can make out that he'll miss me.  Rajeev is nowhere to be seen. Even Anu cannot wait to get back. She takes leave of everyone who are gathered around to see her off. Anita takes the luggage from Anu. Aaliya gifts one of her paintings to ANu. Anu says that she'll always appreciate it and that Aaliya is like the daughter she never had. She then sees the unfinished painting that she and Aaliya were working on and asks Aaliya to complete it before Pooja is back. Both women get into their respective cars and head home. Anu meets up with Rajeev who is waiting to greet her car. Pooja meets her kids. They both then walk into their own homes. Anita hugs Poja and breaks down, Pooja is consoling Anita. Yash also is ecstatic to see his mom. he says he is hungry, becoz Pooja never used to cook.

Now the 3 are sitting face to face. Pooja asks Anu to start first and Anu starts off with you have an artificial life, I thought I walked into a hotel etc. Pooja says I walked into a mound of dust. Anu says that she is very proud of the way she keeps house. Pooja says even I was a stay-at -home mom for 8 years and I used to keep my place spic and span, I was very proud of the way I kept house. She tells Anu if you have given up everything just to keep house and you fail at that, what have you achieved. Anu says that there is nothing wrong with the way her house is run, Rajeev says no I realized after Pooja showed to me how much better your life can become if we keep a maid, so I've decided that we'll keep a full-time maid. Pooja says to Rajeev give me a high five on that.

Anu says look I'm very happy with my life as it is, my husband is my better half and I'm a good mother. Pooja says if you are a good mother why aren't your sons grades showing that. Anu says that I sit everyday with my son and help him to study. Pooja says that but you never mentioned something as important as that in the rulebook. In fact when I showed the grades to Rajeev he seemed to have seen them for the first time. Rajeev defends Anu saying that she does spend time with Yash and teaches him, Pooja says how can you say that you are not at home all the time. He says, no I'm sure so Pooja says that that means your methods are not right, you should take outside help. Then Rajeev says Yash has been getting bad marks for only one month and that is because he is naughty and sometimes does not give the right answer even when he knows it and sometimes he does not want to study at all.

Pooja then asks Anu what was the first thing she changed? Anu says I asked your nanny Binny to spend less time with the kids, Pooja says that I don't think there should be rationing on the love that kids get. Anu insists Binny is only hired help and cannot give kids the same love that a mother can, Pooja how can you say that Binny has has been with us since Aaliya was six months old, to us she is as much a mother to the kids as I am. The Anu takes the case of Anita and she says that your maid is very rude and domineering and she'll try to rule over your family one day, Pooja says Anita is not rude, she is loyal.

Anu then mentions the kids and says that the kids are ery conscious of the camera and clam up in front of the cameras and all and efuse to say certain things. Pooja says did you try to understand my kids? Anu says yes, the very first day I talked to Aaliya if she had fights with you and Aaliya said yes she did. They show the recording here. Anu is asking Aaliya if she fights with ehr mom and feels like her mom doesn't understand her. Aaliya says she fights often with her mom but she feels that her mom understands her very well. Then Anu asks her what all do they fight about, and Aaliya says its confidential. End of clipping. Pooja is like Really did Aaliya say that, Good I'm very proud of her, I'm glad she showed that much sense. She says again that I'm proud that my daughter understands what can be shared on camera and what should be kept private. I'm glad that I brought her up so well.

End of showdown, both women conclude that hey are very happy with their own lives.

Pooja comes back home nad sees a  letter waiting form Anu, she tears it up saying that I don't want to read anything that woman has said, I feel I left my family with a rakhasani.

End of update. Agli baar itna detail mein nahi hoga , haan
Edited by ppurva - 13 years ago
Isha.Isha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ppurva

(Arre baap re baap, maine toh socha tha ki aisi maids sirf Ekta ke serial mein hoti hain, Anita anytime you want, you have a job with me girl. Kya aapke ghar mein rishtedaar aapko sataate hain, saas taane marti hai, aapka hubby aapko cheat kar raha hai. Ab solution hamaare paas hai. Aaj hi call kijiye aur Anita ko apne ghar le jaiyye, woh aapke saare problems solve kar degi.)

😆😆

Sweta and Poorva thanks a lot for updates. I guess Aliya pe jyada emotional - atyachar nahi dikhaya will try watching.Edited by .Isha. - 13 years ago