Chhoti Bahu.. Sindoor Bin Suhaagan

India-Forums

CB, ZEE and TRPS......the link-science revisited (Page 4)

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bee5

That was good Mishti. SmileAnd In that "Pressured Gas" add shredded carrots and sweetness in the form of AviNa, and circle and circle and circle .... and there you have it - Gajar Ka Halwa!LOL

Thank you Bee.......sigh you are reminding me of my gajar ka halwa recipe that I lovingly wrote down for the forum.Smile

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

Originally posted by chipak

Misti that was bizzzzareeeeLOL  
 Your brain runs at 299,792,458m/sWink
Boyle's law supporting Zee way of workingClap Dr. Robert Boyle must be proud of these Z guys..atleast they applying it in real

Angie hatsoff to u too..giving brilliant ideas to everyready Mistijeee..Thanks for bringing all the laughter much need in forum..

Happy Lohri, Pongal, Makarsankrant, Uttrayan...Big smile
Chipak, thanks.  Our Misti is really special.  She finds comments that trigger that brain of hers. 

Misti,  I think your special use of Boyle's law did have a reaction.  See how soon Zee announced that CB premiere LOL (hours after that post).  Maybe once they start showing CB2,  we need more special uses of Laws of Physics to make sure that Zee keeps away from their circles and carrots.

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Angie I don't know whether it is Boyles law or Venn diagram......might be a combination of both.

The interesting thing is this news came out in the paper......so aiming at people who probably will be watching thE shows on TV.........that means TRP and Mumbai is one of the TRP hubs in India regarding hindi GECS. WinkBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Boyle's law supporting Zee way of workingClap Dr. Robert Boyle must be proud of these Z guys..atleast they applying it in real

Angie hatsoff to u too..giving brilliant ideas to everyready Mistijeee..Thanks for bringing all the laughter much need in forum..

Chipak, thanks.  Our Misti is really special.  She finds comments that trigger that brain of hers. 

Misti,  I think your special use of Boyle's law did have a reaction.  See how soon Zee announced that CB premiere LOL (hours after that post).  Maybe once they start showing CB2,  we need more special uses of Laws of Physics to make sure that Zee keeps away from their circles and carrots.

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Angie I don't know whether it is Boyles law or Venn diagram......might be a combination of both.

The interesting thing is this news came out in the paper......so aiming at people who probably will be watching thE shows on TV.........that means TRP and Mumbai is one of the TRP hubs in India regarding hindi GECS. WinkBig smile
Misti, that is a very good observation.  Didn't they publicize in December that annoucement of CB2 would be made on Zee Rishtay awards and nothing of the sort happened. So, they are really counting on CB2 to make an impact.  DID is one of their pet shows and they want to do everything to increase its ratings.  If they are counting on CB2 to do it,  it seems that CB was more popular than was indicated by the production house or Zee or even TRPs.  I don't how TRPs are measured in India (weighing on metropolitan cities vs. rural area, geographical considerations etc.), but it seems to be a very imperfect way of taking audience opinion.   

The channels and production houses seem to think that audience want these inconsistent characters, triangular stories which are prevalent in all serials these days (2 women fighting over a guy and the guy is too dumb to figure out anything).  No wonder audience are rejecting new fare and yearning for old serials. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Dia03radhika5Neerjaamisti73

PutijaChalhov Coolbie
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Misti Why3 measurement of TRPs is becoming quite controversial so there is talk of revamping and increasing the sample which may happen quite soon and also to take those segments which r not represented now. so lets us wait and see.Smile how they improve the trp measurement.I have a feeling that CB was very popular and both the PH and channel must have got lot of response after it was stopped. Now let us see whether there is  really a promo today or is it a carrot but if they have put in an advt then it may be telecasted.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

radhika5Neerjaamisti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by misti73

Misti, that is a very good observation.  Didn't they publicize in December that annoucement of CB2 would be made on Zee Rishtay awards and nothing of the sort happened. So, they are really counting on CB2 to make an impact.  DID is one of their pet shows and they want to do everything to increase its ratings.  If they are counting on CB2 to do it,  it seems that CB was more popular than was indicated by the production house or Zee or even TRPs.  I don't how TRPs are measured in India (weighing on metropolitan cities vs. rural area, geographical considerations etc.), but it seems to be a very imperfect way of taking audience opinion.   

The channels and production houses seem to think that audience want these inconsistent characters, triangular stories which are prevalent in all serials these days (2 women fighting over a guy and the guy is too dumb to figure out anything).  No wonder audience are rejecting new fare and yearning for old serials. 

Angie you are right that after telling everyone regarding CB2 declaration in scratching each other back awards they did not do anything about it.......DID2 is one of their pet projects....they specifically started this project to get TRPs......only Geeta Kapoor is present as one of the judges, the other two regular DID judges are in Jhalak and Chak dhoom dhoom.......the rival shows in Sony and Colors. Infact they have also said that this is a special edition of DID, and the regular competition will be in march/april at its usual time. They are being careful because the SRGMP was not a success this year.......only few episode got them good TRPs ....there was backlash regarding the mentors horrible behaviour. So I think that  they are careful. Publicly saying that CB was popular will mean that ZEE/ph is openly acknowledging that they were wrong in the way they handled CB and owning upto ones mistake in public is difficult and you need to have guts to do it........which I don't think either PH or zee has.

The way they count their TRPs is very illogical.........its mainly the urban areas and the sample size I think is only 8000. That is illogical considering the population of India and the vast difference in the viewing nature of the public...urban areas will watch something which might be different to the rural areas. Recently I read an article that the Government is now changing the way the data is collected.........the   sample size will most probably be increased to 30,000 and will also include the rural areas. As fo the hotspots......I read in articles that the traditional ones are Mumbai, Gujarat, Punjab and Delhi......that is why I think most shows are on people from this area. RMJ is the best example where they have tried to bring in both Gujarat and Punjab. Recently  Eastern UP, Bihar have also come up and so more shows are now coming out with Bhojpuri or maithali dialect. Basing CB in Agra after the leap was also most probably for this reason. They thought that if they take a very popular show and base it in a growing TRP zone then the ratings will increase further............but idiotically did not realise that they are changing the essence of the story and as a result lost out. 

Oh the audience is loosing interest in the same stories........that is why the shows are usually not lasting long. 

Edited by misti73 - 14 January 2011 at 9:27am

Neerjaa

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Mishti, you are b..a..c..k with your theories!  That is how I first connected with you.  Brought back memories...  Today's comparison of Boyle's Law - too good!

Edited by gardes - 14 January 2011 at 10:41am

misti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gardes

Mishti, you are b..a..c..k with your theories!  That is how I first connected with you.  Brought back memories...  Today's comparison of Boyle's Law - too good!

Thank you Gardes..........Yeh I remember writing my first few posts on Physics laws and CB. Looks like that I made a circle too.Wink 
Dia03 Groupbie
Dia03
Dia03

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
welcome back Angie. ROFL 

Go to top