India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

SPOILER: Article Elimination (Page 5)

Meredith IF-Rockerz
Meredith
Meredith

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
This is sad news. Hope he comes back via WC.

Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crystalline23

Originally posted by Taz-A.Crazy.Fan

Originally posted by crystalline23

oh what the heck? They better come back in WC roundAngry
How is Shekhar not even in the bottom 3?Ermm

LMAO dont  you know 
he has the biggest fan following since MJ Dead

LOL
Sony is very partial to Shekhar....but the question is why? I want him out soonAngry

if there gunna do that whole partically thing i rather have then be partial to Krushna instead of that sun dried tomato 
lordkrishna IF-Dazzler
lordkrishna
lordkrishna

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
WHAT?!?!Thats so not fair.

Salman was injured yet he did so good
they should have gotten more votes not be out of the show

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaan

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
I'm jst shocked and disapointed with the show. Hoping they'll come back through Wild Card.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anjaani_Dastaan

beetaurus Goldie
beetaurus
beetaurus

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
I am really shocked.  I cannot believe Yana is gone.  Too bad.
.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
I am shocked! I don't understand how Salman and Yana who are one of the strongest pairs on Jhalak got eliminated yet Shekhar who is one of the weakest contestants is still in the running, he wasn't even in danger of being eliminated! Something is not right here, first Krushna and now Yana. Not good at all.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Note: The following post is a hypothesis on voting behaviors and on the psychology of groupthink and herd behavior. It is not founded in any factual statistics or studies. However, someday I hope to come with a mathematical derivative function and prediction model for desi reality shows.

Yana's elimination may be shocking and unexpected, but to be honest it is not that surprising. Right from the start of the show people had a bias against her for being an item girl and her dressing. Topics like Yana Gupta sucks showed a clear inclination of some people to dismiss her even before giving a chance.

Some celebrities come in as favorites and don't even need to dance well to chug ahead. Their fandom literally guarantees them a final slot, if not the trophy itself all gift wrapped and pretty. Its like running a race, starting an inch from the finish line. Some celebrities come in to an atmosphere of agnosticism. They are neither loved or hated. They are the lucky ones who will be praised when they get it right and critiqued when they do something wrong. No one is trying yank them down or push them through. However, there are celebrities like Yana who come in at a clear disadvantage. People have made up their minds against them. Doing well, showing improvement or putting an effort wont cut it out. They literally have to pull their teeth and perform miracles. Not only are they running a race from well behind the start line, but theirs is the only track with all the hurdles.

Another point to note that this show is about team work. Choreographer and celebrity are not meant to be two separate entities. On this show they are one duo, a team, each tied, committed and dependent on the other. Once you single out that you care for only one either the celebrity or the choreographer – then in essence you have broken a team – broken teams cannot win. This forum has several ardent Salman fans who are very dedicated to him. However, I do not think any single one of them viewed Salman and Yana as one cohesive team, as a duo who should be seen and perceived as one for the competition. Many clearly state that they do not care for Yana at all. When the most ardent fans are willing to view a team as separate entities, it is not inconceivable that the average and lesser fans could be effected by this schism to the point of apathy towards voting. People fail to realize when you embrace both individuals on the duo, you have twice the incentive to vote. Sushant & Shampa have the upper hand as they are embraced by fans as a duo. Most successful teams in celebrity dance shows have been ones that have been beloved as a team, not as individuals.

Finally, I think that one ardent fan can prove more disastrous than hundred detractors.  Last night I presented a fractional hypothesis that psychologically sympathy votes do not exist as the net value of the fraction of voters/non voters = 0. Now I am thinking that the value of that fraction might be less than zero. Real sympathy votes don't really seem to come injuries but more on perceptions of fandom and judgment rigidity. Unless severely atrocious, outsiders or those judged harshly get a huge net sum of bulk pity/sympathy votes. Ardent fans create noise – an illusion that a celebrity is enormously popular when the reality is that it's the same few speaking time and again. The risk of this noise is that average and lesser fans, well meaning bystanders assume that the person will get plenty of votes and either don't bother or vote for others. Most past winners in such shows tend to have the tempered fan following, not a polarized fan following. Also take the curious case of Bristol Palin, an underdog and shabby dancer who kept miraculously getting saved in DWTS, but then when the media was full abuzz with the potential of her winning – she came last amidst the finalist. Where did all the Kyle Massey fans come from? Ardent fans also multiply detractors. An illustration is KSG, who has a number of fans but an even higher amount of fervent detractors and people who like to make fun of him. The simple fact is that there is utility in detracting him because or mocking him because you incite a reaction, if there is no reaction then there is no utility in an action – its as good as talking to dead air.

Bottom line - When calculated on paper, the sum result is not always as shocking as it seems.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

_notinuse_lunzasensodyneTani91ZoobiDoobi

-desigirl- IF-Dazzler
-desigirl-
-desigirl-

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
@return_to_hades
i disagree .... all Salman fans .. as u say ... ardent fans .. have never disliked yaana .. instead they have supported her cuz of salman ... when ppl were hating on yaana most of members tht defended her were salman fans ... so i dont think we seperate them two ... i know we support and love salman a million times more than we like yaana but tht never meant to just show are blind support to salman

i think salman fans know tht yaana and salman are a duo and we are gonna support and praise them as one

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Chandni..Anjaani_Dastaan

Go to top