India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Woman as ....??? (Page 7)

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
I want a house-husband! The guy will quit his job and do 'seva' for me and his in-laws, in other words, my parents. when a woman can be expected to do this, then i expect a man to be able to do this as well.

Edited by Rapier - 12 February 2011 at 4:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Having said all this, I believe after marriage a woman's first duty is her husband and in laws. If she cannot maintain marriage and work, she need to stop working.

ok tulip...no offense but this biased! marriage is a partnership! both people have to contribute equally! hence, they call it "life-partners." a man and a woman, both, have a duty to each other and their kids and their in-laws. the burden doesn't fall on the woman. A man's and a woman's primary duty is their family. if a man is able to put his dreams first and before his wife's dreams, then that is not partnership. that is one person clearly dominating. if man wants to go out and work and is able to, then a woman who wants to work should also be able to. and they BOTH have to make compromises in what they do in order to maintain the family as well.

but i agree with the TM that this bias still exists! and it makes sense cuz u know who made the rules that a woman has to sacrifice for man? oh i know! MEN!!!! all the rules and customs were all laid out by MEN loooonnnng ago! the religious books, the traditions and everything was laid out by men. hence, this is no surprise!

Edited by Rapier - 12 February 2011 at 5:03pm

Prinsesse.Suvi

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 12 February 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapier

I want a house-husband! The guy will quit his job and do 'seva' for me and his in-laws, in other words, my parents. when a woman can be expected to do this, then i expect a man to be able to do this as well.
Dream on... dream on.. dream until the dream comes true....LOLLOL

-Believe-

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

with the amount of male ego in men, i will be dreaming on! but i won't do what he won't do. so he can dream on as well!WinkLOL

Prinsesse.Suvi

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged

with the amount of male ego in men, i will be dreaming on! but i won't do what he won't do. so he can dream on as well!WinkLOL

Ego is simply ego....it is neither male nor female...LOL

There are two types of mind in the world... the mind of those who dominate.. the male mind, and the mind of those who like to be dominated....the female mind. ...By female I don't mean women, or by male, men.....There are women who have masculine minds and there are men who have feminine minds.... They are not always the sameBig smile

Prinsesse.Suvi

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Ego is simply ego....it is neither male nor female...LOL

There are two types of mind in the world... the mind of those who dominate.. the male mind, and the mind of those who like to be dominated....the female mind. ...By female I don't mean women, or by male, men.....There are women who have masculine minds and there are men who have feminine minds.... They are not always the sameBig smile

well why can't the mind who likes to dominate be called "female-mind?" why the male connotation to it? why is a "feminine" mind considered weaker? and by feminine, i don't mean women either. why is the weaker mind called "feminine" is my question.

Prinsesse.Suvi

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by laizu

Originally posted by ahmadalikhan

Women are best for house works...house wifes
A woman can take up many roles. Being a house wife is one of those roles. You cannot  say in which she will be best. All the options should be open for her.

Otherwise we could not get  Mother Teresa, Margaret Thatcher, Marie Curie, Begum Rokeya,Florence Nightingale, Agatha Christie,Emily Dickinson, Princess Diana, Benazir Bhutto, Audrey Hepburn, Anne Frank, Indira Gandhi, Rosa Parks, Simone de Beauvoir, Joan of Arc, Eleanor Roosevelt, Helena Rubinstein, Jane Austen etc.
Women can do everything except where lot of thinking/imagination is involved...they are strong and  good earthly creatures...and most of the listed ones in bold belong to this practical earthly cateogories.. now lets take painting and music... the real names you can have are ....picasso, salvadore dali, angelo, van gogh, gaguin, rembrandt... then in music.. beethoven, mozart, bach, wagner.... then shakespeare... its not that women cant be creative or intelligent,... they are not simply wired that way.. in general....although these two fields in USA are considered more girly damn,  the americans!!!
um dude, thats only because in those times it wasnt respectable for women to do anything besides work in their house, cook, look after kids and all that...if, then, they could be allowed to draw, to think freely, they would be equal to all these men that you have mentioned...its only because those men  and the "culture" back then didn't allow women to do all this.

Rapier

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ahmadalikhan

Maybe they are afraid to lose their wife...exactly
So we arent allowed the permission to be afraid to lose our husbands? Oh, wait...its okay for husbands to have affairs, but not wives, right?

Rapier

Go to top