Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Woman as ....??? (Page 3)

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zarmina_244

another example Benazir bhooto she was a strong politician a bold lady BUt whenever she tried to come she was always faced so many problems,..but in last what happened to her she was assisanated.. why? because she was a lady/??

Couldn't you think of something more credible? She was PM of Pakistan... twice; and you are alluding that gender is the reason for her assasination. You need to ask yourself whether it even sounds plausible.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Lost-angeldebayonglace-bleue

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

This is male chauvinistic world.....and our religion teach peoples that ,God makes Adam for his own self, bt because Adam feels lonely, God makes a woman... bt in a different way.... He just takes a rib out of Adam's body and creates a woman..... So the woman is just to be a part of man's life. She cannot be herself..... she is only a rib, a bone, to be used as a means....all the religions have supported this ugly nonsense, this idiotic idea.....

I believe your wife will be made from your rib  too. Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rabees011

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Benazir Bhutto was not assassinated because she was female, she was assassinated because of political reasons. Her family as well as many Pakistanis and global citizens were supportive of her.

Anyway, I see the point you are trying to make. Men and women both have dreams and aspirations, and deserve equal opportunity to get educated, have careers and reach their goals.

Marriage is a partnership and compromise. Both husband and wife are part of that partnership and both are equally responsible to make it work. Family should be a priority for both of them and they both equally have to make adjustments to make it work.

I don't feel that any one family model is better than the other. It depends on the two people involved. Some women are comfortable being the housewife and the husband be the breadwinner. That is fine if that is what both of them want and are happy with it.

For dual income families, both spouses should be able to come to an agreement, balance things and both need to make sacrifices. The problem arises when they are unable to balance things, the family is against the idea of the woman working, or if one partner refuses to sacrifice or adjust. Traditionally Indian society has been male dominated so many men are unwilling to make compromises and many families are unwilling to let women get educated or work. Due to society women tend to be stuck in such marriages and forced to accept it or are viewed negatively if they assert themselves. However, society is slowly opening up and times are changing.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rabees011rahmona_paksweglace-bleuetulipbaby53

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

This is male chauvinistic world.....and our religion teach peoples that ,God makes Adam for his own self, bt because Adam feels lonely, God makes a woman... bt in a different way.... He just takes a rib out of Adam's body and creates a woman..... So the woman is just to be a part of man's life. She cannot be herself..... she is only a rib, a bone, to be used as a means....all the religions have supported this ugly nonsense, this idiotic idea.....

I dont believe these kind of nonsense....Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Well said, I understand what you're angling at.

It's very painful to accept this, but its very true. Truth of our lands, shameful, if I can say that. This again is the consequence to the mindsets of males and females and the way they have been brought up. The values that had inculcated in a man as a toddler, wouldn't obviously be easy to get rid of and hence will make an impression on his own family, all in different ways. The wife of such a man would be restricted to the household only, his daughter would be expected to lead a life like her mother and his son would be just like him, pretty much similar. And this cycle goes on just about everywhere.

But you see, things have changed. Liberty is being given to women, in order to pursue their choice os profession and not waste all their lives in serving their family and raising children. This is an improvement we are always likely to neglect.
Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged

In my experience women are far more clever and smarter than we give them credit for. Take this eg for instance

Husband: aaj khane mein kya banaogi?
Wife: Jo aap kaho
H: Dal chawal bana lo
W: Abhi kal hi to khaye the
H: to sabji roti bana lo
W: bacche nahi khayenge
H: to chhole puri bana lo
W: mujhe heavy heavy lagta hai
H: eggs bhurji bana lo
W: aaj guruvaar hai
H: paraanthe ?
W: raat ko paraanthe kaun khata hai??
H: Hotel se mangwa lete hain?
W: roz roz hotel ka nahi khana chahiye
H: kadhi chawal?
W: dahi nahi hai
H: idly sambar?
W: usme time lagega.pehle bolna chahiye tha na!!
H: maggi hi bana lo, usme time nahi lagega
W: woh koi meal thodi hai? Pet nahi bharta
H: phir ab kya banaogi?
W: Jo aap kaho.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thegameisonglace-bleue

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by P1nk

I dont believe these kind of nonsense....Smile

Im sure your full of it too. Wink

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zarmina_244

a question to all boys & girls here..mostly we see girls who are graduated but their in-laws never allow them to do a job.i watched life partner an indian movie,in that prachi desai she is a perfect house wife but wen she tries to speak in his own bussiness.their in-laws never allow her to do that.. even his husband is against too... & yes this is what happening in our countries.. like u see in pakistan, india or in bangladesh there are so many countries in which man never allow their wife to do a job, & they prefer housewife mostly.. not all man but about 50% i can say..another example Benazir bhooto she was a strong politician a bold lady BUt whenever she tried to come she was always faced so many problems,..but in last what happened to her she was assisanated.. why? because she was a lady/?? & mostly man thinks a lady can't handle this situation..blah blah.. because of such situations like parents don't allow their daughters to g to coleege even.. beaxuse of man.. Na aana is des lado airing on colors same problem same situation ..so how can we prevent this injustice? there are so many graduated girls like doctors they are housewives they spent thier whole life as a housewive,, then why those girls are seeking knowledge? ghar beth jao na phir.. so share your feelings.. & i hope nobody will against it!Big smile
Firstly, please separate reel life and real life...movies are a mixture of predominantly unreal aspects of life, and then a tiny pinch of reality to make it appeal to the audience. You cannot use it as a measure to compare real life aspects.

Secondly, movies like these misrepresent the Indian population, and more so the urban society of India. Now I'm not saying such things don't happen, but in this stage of progress, India has been changing and the social taboos have significantly reduced...

About the why, if i had to say it in one word, it would be: civilization. Initially we were a matrilineal and a matriarchal society, but as civilizations emerged, natural selection went in favor for men since they were stronger....this has been especially predominant in our culture because women have always been submissive in our culture, and since it has not been influenced much by external sources, it has pretty much stayed the same throughout, but in this modern age, things are changing for the better, and I'm optimistic about the future of Indian society both in and outside IndiaSmile

Go to top