Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Woman as ....??? (Page 2)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Yes, the husband does have his responsibilities too, and I agree he should help in household duties and support his wife. If it is hard to get a middle ground, then someone has to adjust in order for things to work. 

Tulip, I think that's the problem here. The burden of adjusting usually ends up on the woman's shoulders in desi society. When, in fact, both partners should be equally compromising to adjust to this marriage.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

EventideRapierrahmona_paksweglace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

Edited by blue-ice - 15 February 2011 at 4:10pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Roadrunnerz

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:40am | IP Logged

Having said all this, I believe after marriage a woman's first duty is her husband and in laws. If she cannot maintain marriage and work, she need to stop working.

Some women may choose to quit marriage instead and they have the right to choose LOL

rabees011

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 2:51am | IP Logged

This is male chauvinistic world.....and our religion teach peoples that ,God makes Adam for his own self, bt because Adam feels lonely, God makes a woman... bt in a different way.... He just takes a rib out of Adam's body and creates a woman..... So the woman is just to be a part of man's life. She cannot be herself..... she is only a rib, a bone, to be used as a means....all the religions have supported this ugly nonsense, this idiotic idea.....so our society think like that way...but peoples mind changing slowly...the change is a slow process...its not happen with in one day....Smile

Another point I just wanna say, I have never come across any husband who is nt henpecked. If you don't want to become henpecked, thn be a freelance lover, the never get married. ....In the house, within the boundaries of the house, the woman has tremendous power.... Bt 90 % of women not interested in the outside world.... Women's natures are different..... a woman can become a gr8 disciple, bt for a woman to become a master is almost impossible,but few can do ... But there is no question of somebody being higher....another reason I feel women cant or not able reach higher leavel, cos they sympathize with the man... their sympathy is not for other women..... With other women they have a relationship only of jealousy..if every woman is jealous of every other woman,.. then naturally this is one of the fundamental causes of their slavery. Smile
Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Times are changing. There are many women who are very career oriented and excel in their fields, there are some who are real go getters and would stop at nothing to get what they want. Now whether its good or bad cannot be said as everyone has their personality, capabilities, aspirations and likes and dislikes.
Eventide Senior Member
Eventide
Eventide

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
It is often drilled into the the kids' minds since childhood that boys are superior to girls. And these men often expect their wives to be subservient.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by blue-ice

Having said all this, I believe after marriage a woman's first duty is her husband and in laws. If she cannot maintain marriage and work, she need to stop working.

and what about the husband.....should his responsibility not be towards his wife and in-laws......shouldn't they share the same responsibility when it comes to making the marriage work....why does the women have to be the one to make all sacrifices unless it is out of her own free will.......if the husband and wife are equally qualified and holding similar jobs why should the wife be the one to stop working......why can't there be a middle ground.....

Yes, the husband does have his responsibilities too, and I agree he should help in household duties and support his wife. If it is hard to get a middle ground, then someone has to adjust in order for things to work. 

I know what I said may have offended you, but that was really not my intention. Sorry for that. I was just stating my opinion of what I feel. Everyone is entitled to their own view. Smile

Of course everyone is entitled to their views but your views are subject to dissection when you post them on the debate mansionWink........no I was not offended but looks like you are.....seems that your Miranda rights were not read to u.....well let me do the honors.......u have the right to remain silent...anything u say , can and will be used by the forum members.to question ur views..LOLLOL......

That's what keeps the forum fun! LOL

glace-bleue

-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Yeah I agree with Varsha
India has changed a lot and they are accepting working women with degrees and whatever.
In Indian movies, I believe that they portray strong bold women that want to carry on their career like in Break Ke Baad and No One Killed Jessica

tulipbaby53

Go to top