Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Well said, I understand what you're angling at.

It's very painful to accept this, but its very true. Truth of our lands, shameful, if I can say that. This again is the consequence to the mindsets of males and females and the way they have been brought up. The values that had inculcated in a man as a toddler, wouldn't obviously be easy to get rid of and hence will make an impression on his own family, all in different ways. The wife of such a man would be restricted to the household only, his daughter would be expected to lead a life like her mother and his son would be just like him, pretty much similar. And this cycle goes on just about everywhere.

But you see, things have changed. Liberty is being given to women, in order to pursue their choice os profession and not waste all their lives in serving their family and raising children. This is an improvement we are always likely to neglect.
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

In my experience women are far more clever and smarter than we give them credit for. Take this eg for instance

Husband: aaj khane mein kya banaogi?
Wife: Jo aap kaho
H: Dal chawal bana lo
W: Abhi kal hi to khaye the
H: to sabji roti bana lo
W: bacche nahi khayenge
H: to chhole puri bana lo
W: mujhe heavy heavy lagta hai
H: eggs bhurji bana lo
W: aaj guruvaar hai
H: paraanthe ?
W: raat ko paraanthe kaun khata hai??
H: Hotel se mangwa lete hain?
W: roz roz hotel ka nahi khana chahiye
H: kadhi chawal?
W: dahi nahi hai
H: idly sambar?
W: usme time lagega.pehle bolna chahiye tha na!!
H: maggi hi bana lo, usme time nahi lagega
W: woh koi meal thodi hai? Pet nahi bharta
H: phir ab kya banaogi?
W: Jo aap kaho.
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

I dont believe these kind of nonsense....😊

Im sure your full of it too. πŸ˜‰

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Zarmina_244

a question to all boys & girls here..mostly we see girls who are graduated but their in-laws never allow them to do a job.i watched life partner an indian movie,in that prachi desai she is a perfect house wife but wen she tries to speak in his own bussiness.their in-laws never allow her to do that.. even his husband is against too... & yes this is what happening in our countries.. like u see in pakistan, india or in bangladesh there are so many countries in which man never allow their wife to do a job, & they prefer housewife mostly.. not all man but about 50% i can say..another example Benazir bhooto she was a strong politician a bold lady BUt whenever she tried to come she was always faced so many problems,..but in last what happened to her she was assisanated.. why? because she was a lady/?? & mostly man thinks a lady can't handle this situation..blah blah.. because of such situations like parents don't allow their daughters to g to coleege even.. beaxuse of man.. Na aana is des lado airing on colors same problem same situation ..so how can we prevent this injustice? there are so many graduated girls like doctors they are housewives they spent thier whole life as a housewive,, then why those girls are seeking knowledge? ghar beth jao na phir.. so share your feelings.. & i hope nobody will against it!πŸ˜ƒ

Firstly, please separate reel life and real life...movies are a mixture of predominantly unreal aspects of life, and then a tiny pinch of reality to make it appeal to the audience. You cannot use it as a measure to compare real life aspects.

Secondly, movies like these misrepresent the Indian population, and more so the urban society of India. Now I'm not saying such things don't happen, but in this stage of progress, India has been changing and the social taboos have significantly reduced...

About the why, if i had to say it in one word, it would be: civilization. Initially we were a matrilineal and a matriarchal society, but as civilizations emerged, natural selection went in favor for men since they were stronger....this has been especially predominant in our culture because women have always been submissive in our culture, and since it has not been influenced much by external sources, it has pretty much stayed the same throughout, but in this modern age, things are changing for the better, and I'm optimistic about the future of Indian society both in and outside India😊
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: P1nk

Im sure your full of it too. πŸ˜‰

Edited my flirty comment.....cos of my sweetheartπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by Believe - 13 years ago
fusion13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i think things are changing now...my bf has no probs with me working and as a matter of fact he wants me to go ahead and build a career rather getting into home making and other stuffs
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Not really ..... In metro's and small cities wife  are allowed to work along with hubby , basic reason for it is , it helps them financially ......

its being protested mostly in joint families or in 4-5 members around ....  .........
Polki_Zofi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Why should men "want" their wives to earn? Isn't it something to be the wife's decision or the condition of the household. I remain amused how some urbanized Indian women seem to think that to be able to earn by working in some trading company or corporation/business organization eventually makes them into a complete independent woman with alot of self identity.

You said 50-50 situation, which seems quite good actually. You have your options when it comes to a certain man. It is not important that the whole population becomes your perfect husband candidate πŸ˜ƒ.

I feel even after going through this particular section of this forum is that Indians have a lot of misconception of the west (often it seems they find it confined to North America and UK when it comes to "the west"), a typical stereotype exist. Not to mention the thirst to be like a certain stereotype, thinking that the grass must be much greener. πŸ˜ƒ

P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Your pink colour is irritating my eye balls.
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Polki_Zofi

Why should men "want" their wives to earn?
Why cant the men want whatever they want? Its upto their wives to oppose if they do not want !

Isn't it something to be the wife's decision or the condition of the household.
Its a family decision πŸ˜›

I remain amused how some urbanized Indian women seem to think that to be able to earn by working in some trading company or corporation/business organization eventually makes them into a complete independent woman with alot of self identity.
whats so amusing about it ? πŸ˜•

You said 50-50 situation, which seems quite good actually. You have your options when it comes to a certain man. It is not important that the whole population becomes your perfect husband candidate πŸ˜ƒ.
 that would give the girls a tough time choosing the perfect one for them out of all the perfects available πŸ˜†