Award ceremonies are like a circus - Emraan Hashmi - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
the point is, it is dis-hearting for the actors, directors and technicians who put in gr8 performances and get acclaimed for them, to never get the recognition they deserve from awards.....while others with lesser merit and more PR get awarded....its like losing a deserved promotion or scholarship to someone not as worthy....the fact that prominent actors like ajay, aamir, etc dunt take them seriously is justified. 
melonie thumbnail
I am sad he didn't win any awards for OUTIM but I do think he was badly expecting to get one 😳
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I couldn't agree with him more. He's so right Indian awards are equal to let's make popular actors happy awards.
"Kaho Na Kaho"...I'm falling in love with him from this statement😆
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I totally agree with it, and i have alway thought that indian movie whatever awards are all useless in the sense - their voting system is not all that as well

I have noticed they so overlook ppl who deserve the awards, awards in bollywood is only entertainment, and the real awards are what the US does, and how they proceed and do the voting

ANother thing i dont like is the crappy editing that goes in the awards show 😆

I seriously would have given Emraan an award for Awarapan, he was awesome in that
Edited by Lennie - 13 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
[quote]
"If you see any award ceremony, they are pleasing everyone. There are three categories for every actor... it's ridiculous... and three awards given to music. I really don't want to be part of the circus. The whole industry goes and claps for it but I don't want to be part of it," he said.[/quote]

He is right the awards don't hold as much meaning as they used to.
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Agree with him ...most actors are of the same opinion and I bet the day he gets one he'll change his stance ..hope he holds this opinion like Amir or Salman...but of all categories created ...I just cracked up seeing SRK get the Badshah of Bollywood or something on those lines kind of Award...Man ....the heights really
Edited by rdfan - 13 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
For emran, its like a movie without a kiss. I joke i joke.
Agree with him, not only the results but awards have turned into real circus ...everybody tries to be funny.
Emraan is right and I share his sentiments. Awards ceremonies are like a circus indeed. New categories invented every year, just to please the big names. It's all a joke. You just can't take any of it seriously! Call it a farce, rigging, corruption...whatever! Bottom line is that these award ceremonies lost credibility a while back.

And I happen to like Emraan's attitude towards his work. He's not bothered about the rat race. Obviously he wants to succeed, that's human nature. But it seems like he knows that he's never going to receive superstar status like SRK or Salman, despite the number of hits that he has given.
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
yes hindi awards do make everyone happy. But I disagree with unknown people don't get awards statement by some members. I remember last year, the people that were winning, I didn't even know them...lol  and the movie oye lucky lucky got so many awards that it wasn't even funny. So I disagree with only big superstar movies winning awards. If the movie is good or the actor is good, they'll give them awards. If the movie is a box office hit, they'll give them awards too...lol everyone gets an award