Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02Lucky ,
You do not know anything about my personal life so do not comment on that .
Secondly I never ever said I love India.
I will still insist that serial makers have some responsibility and should not portray women in a demeaning way.
Although.. i am not supposed to be here anyway.. but cant resist commenting on it...
Well.. as you say you do not love india ( well the point is taken in good spirits)... but serials are not always the right descriptor of society..
Its easy to be in US.. and argue that India is a 3rd world country.. with atrocities on women..
and may be certain bad practices still exists in the society... but Su you have to be here to see the winds of change.
1. I bet there would be more no of working women in india than in US, and financial independence helps a lot in having a respectable position in society.
2. Girl education is increasing day by day, and education is the biggest enabler
3. Its not only about india.. its about the bharat too.. these IT companies.. (how much i criticize them...) .. are the biggest opportunity providers for females in india. The face of india is changing
4. You go to Metros.. you will find hubby-wife spending time together in Malls...enjoying company of each other.
5. Most of the families are nuclear now a days.. with parents in towns and couple in cities.
So.. Su... i am not saying ki india is out of woods still.. but yes females here are lot more better than what used to be 8-10 Yrs ago.... and its very easy to champion the cause of women.. the fact is that they only require equal opportunity at work place.. respect and dignity... rest they are all capable enough...