Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 33)

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angadkripakyphh

Hi Im big fan of Shahid..plz add my name in the list.

Welcome to the fanclub!!

Wish you a wonderful time here...have fun and enjoy.
Keep posting

Hugs Reena

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
I didn't charge dad for Mausam: Shahid Kapoor

Minakshi Saini, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, September 11, 2011

Shahid Kapoor charges over R15 crore for his films, but the actor hasn't taken a penny for his upcoming film Mausam.

Directed by his father Pankaj Kapur, the film has been made on a budget of RXXX crore. But, the 30-year-old actor clarifies that his fees did not add to the expenses. "It is 
such a big and expensive film that I didn't want the burden of my fees to fall on the film's budget. We've worked out a structure of sorts, so that my payment is not a burden on the film as of now," says Shahid while on a visit to the Capital. Does that mean he's following a profit sharing model like the Khans. "Please contact my accountant for more details," he says. 

Shahid has had a spate of bad luck with international events recently. In August, the music launch of the film in London was cancelled due to the riots in  the city, and his live performance at Times Square, New Jersey, was called off after hurricane Irene struck. He now has his fingers crossed that all will go well with Mausam's  scheduled premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on Friday. 

But, the film has reached a stumbling block. Based on the Indian Air Force, a seqeuence in the film needs to reworked after the IAF objected to it. "Certain special effects and computer graphics were added during post-production and that's come under scrutiny. But it's a 30 second sequence and hopefully will be rectified in time." Though he is pragmatic about the cancelled events, he adds, "I'm not making plans for Toronto as of now."

For him, the best part about his role as Squadron Leader Harinder (Harry) Singh was getting to fly an F16 and the worst was having to maintain a moustache! "It is the most difficult thing to maintain! I used to cut myself while trimming everyday. And I will never keep one in the future again," says Shahid, all smiles now that he's back to his clean shaven avatar.

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Shahid Kapur, Sonam Kapoor promote 'Mausam' in Indore

Indore: Shahid Kapur and Sonam Kapoor were in Indore on Monday for the promotion of their film 'Mausam', which will release on September 16. They shared their experiences during the shooting of Mausam with City Bhaskar.

Shahid Kapur said: "Nobody is perfect, including me. I have to learn a lot. I do not think I will be able to act like my father (Pankaj Kapur), who has acted in different roles in movies such as Maqbool, Karam Chand and Office Office, because he is a great actor."

Shahid spoke about the role he role he plays in Mausam, in which he plays an Air Force officer. During the interview, Shahid sometimes spoke about his dog named Castle and told City Bhaskar that why he stayed awake at times until 3 am.

Shahid, who calls himself a difficult person, is quite simple in real life.

Shahid says: "Mausam has all seasons of love. It is quite similar to Laila Majnu, Titanic and Soni Mahiwal, and I am sure that audience will feel like falling in love after watching Mausam.

Sonam Kapoor spoke about her relationship with Shahid Kapur and her father Anil Kapoor.

Does Anil Kapoor remark on your work?

Yes, he is always judging my acting performances.

Will we get to see you in a dance-oriented role?

I do not know why directors do not give me a chance to show my dancing ability. I want to dance in my movies, but after 'Delhi-6', I have not got the chance.

What is your dream role?

The one that was played by Waheeda Rehman in 'Guide'.

Shahid has been linked with many actresses, such as Bipasha Basu, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra, in the past. Why do you think he has been linked with so many actresses?

No one has linked me with Shahid, which means it is not Shahid's mistake, but it's the actresses' mistake.

Which is favourite Anil Kapoor movie?

I like Mr. India and Slumdog Millionaire.

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged

Mausam postponed to September 23 Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, September 14, 2011 - 21:59 IST

MausamAll the speculations regarding Mausam's release getting delayed were put to rest by Shahid Kapoor today at a press conference held in Mumbai. The much awaited Shahid-Sonam starrer which was scheduled to release this week on September 16 has been pushed by a week to September 23.

Shahid who plays the lead in Mausam said, "The release date has been shifted to September 23. We needed a NOC from IAF and Censor Certificate, we got a 'U' certificate and then the board wanted to see the film once again. This consumed a lot of time delaying the release date. We have made the required changes in the particular 30 seconds scene". The actor further added, "It was very important to announce this. Our team believes in our film and we feel that it is as authentic as it could be, we want to bring the best for our audiences." 

Shahid Kapoor also added, "I have seen the film yesterday and am really happy with it, I am excited and eagerly awaiting its release. Now we will have more time to promote the film and since there are no major releases in the next two weeks,Mausam will not face any problems." 

Mausam was facing some problem in obtaining the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Indian Air Force. The makers ofMausam had received a conditional NOC from the IAF. A special screening for the top IAF officers and heads was arranged in Delhi today. The IAF requested for a minor correction in a particular aerial action sequence. The scene in question is only 30 seconds long and needed computer graphic changes. 

Speaking on this director Pankaj Kapur said, "IAF has been amazingly supportive, they have co-operated with us since the past 1 year. The IAF didn't ask us to remove anything, they only asked for minor changes, these were computer graphic changes to be made in an action sequence in the film which we have incorporated. It is our duty to make sure that all the representation is done authentically and in accordance with IAF. I thank them, they have been very supportive. Since the scene is a computer graphic scene it will take some time to make the changes. As our overseas prints would not be ready in time we decided to shift the release date by a week." 

On being asked if the changes in the fight sequence indicates the alteration of content in anyway, Pankaj was quick to respond as he mentioned, "The content of the film in terms of the fight sequence has not changed, the story telling is the same, only tiny details are slightly altered as per the IAF's requirements".

Sonam Kapoor, who plays the lead opposite Shahid stated, "We all have worked hard and I think we can promote it more for a week. Mausam will definitely be enjoyed by all." 

The Censor Board for Film Certification (CBFC) which had earlier cleared the film and given it a U certificate also wanted to review the film once again. Following which the film received a 'U' certificate last night. 

The premiere of Mausam which was supposed to take place at the Toronto International Film Festival today also got cancelled. Ram Mirchandani from Eros told the media that they will now be having two premieres for Mausam, one in London and the other in Mumbai.

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

garima22

garima22 IF-Sizzlerz
garima22
garima22

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
shahid has a sprain...nd soar throat... :(
jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
'Mausam' forced me to leave my comfort zone: Shahid Kapoor

Shahid Kapoor says working on 'Mausam', his father Pankaj Kapoor's directorial debut, forced him to get out of his comfort zone as an actor.

The actor, who took a year and half off from other projects to concentrate on the love-story set in the recent past, says he learnt some of the most valuable lessons in filmmaking by observing his father on the sets.

"He (Pankaj) pushed me a lot as an actor. When I signed up the film I knew that I wanted to learn and unlearn certain things. I mean, every actor has a comfort zone and knows that there are certain things which people like about him and he plays on them. I wanted to get out of that and 'Mausam' helped me do that," said Shahid.

The 30-year-old star, whose last few releases post 'Kaminey' failed to create magic at the box office, essays the character of Squadron Leader Harinder 'Harry' Singh in the movie, which releases this Friday.

Shahid says the script of 'Mausam' came to him as a birthday gift from his father about two-years ago.

"I have been running after dad to make a film with me for almost three years but he always refused. Finally, he agreed and about two-years ago he gave me this file on my birthday and said 'Happy Birthday, son', this is my gift to you this year," recalls Shahid.
He, however, denies that there was any compulsion for him to go ahead with the film because his father was directing it.

"Dad told me that I should do the film only if I have faith in the script," said Shahid, who sports four different looks in the movie, including a moustache for the first time. Shahid, who has been linked to many actresses post his break-up with Kareena Kapoor, says he could associate with the movie, which is about 'unconditional love'.

"The reason I loved the film was that when I was reading the script I was like 'I wish I could find a love like that'. Our generation has forgotten unconditional love. All the films that we see are rom-coms about issues between a girl and a boy. But, there is an unconditional side to love which we all want to find. I could associate with it. No relationship is perfect but you do want to feel the magic of unconditional love. We all are running after that," said Shahid.

The actor, who started his acting career in 2003 with 'Ishq Vishk' and has done 20-odd films, says he has a lot to achieve.

"When I was young, acting seemed like a faraway dream, which I never thought I will achieve. Now that I am here, I find myself very lucky. I feel I have started to evolve as an actor. The journey has just begun. I have so much more to do but I am heading in the direction. I want to do films that would excite me as a viewer and challenge me as an actor."

Shahid is also looking forward to act with his father in near future.

"My father is working with Vishal Bhardwaj again and I would love to see that film. I would love to work with him as an actor. It would be a great opportunity," added Shahid.

Shahid will next be seen opposite Priyanka Chopra in Kunal Kohli's untitled love story, which he is shooting currently.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

garima22

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 18 September 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged

Mausam strengthens Shahid's bond with dad

Seema Sinha, TNN | Sep 16, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Shahid and Pankaj Kapur More Pics
Shahid and Pankaj Kapur say their bond strengthened during the making of their film

It wasn't easy explaining romantic scenes to Shahid: Pankaj Kapur 
I have very fond memories of Shahid when he was a baby. He always had something philosophical to say. I remember one thing he said when he was four. He was holding my finger while walking, and said, "Baba, main aapse utna pyaar karta hoon jitna khuda apne bandon se karta hai." It spoke volumes about how he felt. Yes, there were years when we saw less of each other, but the bond was never weak, and it became stronger in the last few years. We spent two years while making " Mausam" and our relationship has matured. I discovered a friend in him. Shahid shares all his problems with me, not just concerning his girlfriends, which, I agree, are the biggest! But it wasn't easy for me to explain the romantic scenes to him. I'm not a strict father as believed, but I'm a strict director. But here I had an actor who said, 'I'm at your disposal.' It was wonderful to hear that. Shahid has been so much more, which is difficult to explain. 

It's difficult for a father and son to get into the professional space: Shahid Kapoor 
In the 80s and 90s, we didn't have so many low-cost airlines, and for dad to fly down from Delhi was a big thing, as we belonged to a middle-class family. But dad and my relationship has grown with each year. There were times when I missed him and I guess god's helping me make up for all that now. It's surprising that even though we didn't stay together for the first few years of my life, I've discovered that I'm a lot like him. It makes me very happy, though it gets him worried! Dad is my closest friend today. Whenever there's a problem, he's one of the first people I call up. Since we can talk as equals and share a great equation, we were able to do this film together. Otherwise, it can be very difficult for father and son to get into the professional space. He allows me to say what I feel. And that gave us "Mausam". 

(Directed by Pankaj Kapur, presented by Eros International and Vistaar Religare Film Fund, and produced by Sunil Lulla and Sheetal Vinod Talwar, "Mausam" releases on September 23.)

Go to top