India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 27)

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged

Thanks for the great articles, video's and pictures!!

Shahid and Sonam are looking so cute and adorable together..Love this jodi!! Have missed this place so much

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:40am | IP Logged

Shahid Kapoor: I've no idea what makes me so popular with women!

Rubina A Khan Aug 26, 2011

Shahid Kapoor's easy charm deflects you from a crafty mind that hides beneath that Bollywood vibe ' the mind that desired to make it to the top of the game pile in the film industry and made it happen. If Pitbull's Gimme Everything Tonight and LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem ' the current favourites on his iPod ' are any indication, the 30-year old actor is in a good place. He has a big release, Mausam, coming up on 16 September. And he is eager to show off his acting skills in his father, Pankaj Kapoor's directorial debut.

Kapoor spoke to Firstpost about working with his father, his style statement and five ways to not look your age past 30. Excerpts:

You have never worked with your parents, Neelima Azim and Pankaj Kapoor, both of whom are actors. Mausam is your first film with your father, who has directed the film and whose talent you admire greatly. Describe the experience'

It's very different to be directed by my own father, as compared to any other director I have worked with in the past, because it is special in a way. It was a wonderfully enriching experience working with Dad. He is my favourite actor and director. It is a wonderful feeling to work with your father ' be on set with him every day in a completely new dimension from what I know of him. It was like I have to make my father proud and at the same time, I maintained professional decorum on the sets. I would alternate between calling him Dad and Sir while shooting Mausam, but it didn't get that formal that I would call him Mr Kapoor! I loved our shooting schedule in Scotland and after London and Goa, it is now a favourite location. Though, I love Goa so much that I am hardly inclined towards work when I am filming there.

Was the script or the mere chance of working with your father the key to doing Mausam?

It was the right choice as an actor to do the film because he was the director anyway, but it was the script. Eventually, for me, it comes down to the script and playing a role. I've had such a good time working with him, that I feel bad that I might have to wait a couple of years before I can work with him again. I hope it is soon though!

You are extremely popular with girls. Keeping aside the fact that you are a good-looking film star, what do you think causes such hysteria among the women?

(Laughs) I have no idea what makes me so popular with women! It's a compliment! All I can say is I am very happy about it. Keep it coming girls! I love the fact that I have the attention and it is a wonderful feeling, an extremely good feeling indeed! I think it is better not to know why I'm popular, but there is something and I hope it continues to be there.Woh kehte hai na ki aam khao, guthlia mat gino; I'm not interested in the reason as far as it's there, I am very happy.

That sounds very layered but I am just going to go past that'

(Laughs loudly) You know what I mean!

How bored are you of Priyanka Chopra and your love stories? How much is even real?

I am tired reading about this love affair. I don't think there's any more that needs to be said. It's not something that needs to be spoken about. Yes, Priyanka and I have both have moved on since neither of us is interested in the question or the answer.

You are the proverbial model turned actor, having done a Pepsi ad with SRK and Kajol way back. Did you ever think you would be such a big contender in the game as you are today?

I was basically trying to come in front of the camera, in whatever way possible back then! Now whether it meant doing an ad for Pepsi or being a backup dancer in Taal, I was up for it. No man! I think you always dream about such things and reaching such heights, but you don't really believe it to happen. You wish and dream that it may happen to you ' I dreamt of getting here and my dream came true! It's an awesome life! To everyone out there reading this, I say dreams can come true, so go for it guys!

Your personal sense of style is very laidback, not at all starry so to speak.

My style is comfort over fashion. Dressing down is my thing, staying casual you know? I don't like layering too much because of the weather here in Mumbai makes it impossible. But when I am travelling abroad, I like the layered look, actually I have to or I'll freeze to death. On occasions though, I like to dress up formally.

You are extremely fastidious about your hair, actually obsessed with your hair is more like it'

(Laughs) Well, till I have hair, I am going to look after it. What's wrong with that ya? I hope I never lose it though!

A still from Kapoor's upcoming film, Mausam.

Well, if you do, a hair weave might help. Many of your seniors and some of your contemporaries have resorted to hair weaves to fix their hair problems. Maybe you could also follow suit?

Why are you saying all this man? Why do you want me to lose my hair?

I do not want you to lose your hair. I am just suggesting a popular cosmetic solution to a hypothetical hair loss situation.

Ok, so if I do lose hair, I'll just wear a beanie and hide it. I wear a beanie a lot anyway, so it won't be any different, except now I wear it to avoid the whole hassle of styling and making my hair to step out of the house sometimes when I'm in a rush or feeling lazy. It's easier. And people actually think it's a style statement; it's more like a lazy statement.

How not to look your age at 30, Shahid style:

1. A moustache always makes you look more man and cuts down the youth element, so avoid them.

2. Wear your smile with an attitude and don't worry about looking young. Doesn't work.

3. Stay cool and relaxed and let it ride. It always helps to keep the boyishness alive.

4. A cup of coffee is good too; gives you a kick and keeps you in high spirits.

5. An entourage of young girls around any man is an added advantage. I wouldn't mind an entourage of my own too!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk-Rinki-

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:41am | IP Logged

All work and no play policy

mov.jpg

Stressed and overworked, the last two years have been a roller coaster ride for Shahid Kapur, but the actor isn't complaining. Shasha, who has been working on his father's directorial debut Mausam for the longest time, says that it has been an enriching experience. "Yes, I haven't taken a break in years, but right now I am not thinking about it. My only focus is on Mausam; for months together I have lived the film with my father and I hope it becomes one of the milestones in our film careers," says Shahid.

Besdes dad Pankaj Kapur, Mausam has also brought the actor close to one more person ' his co-star Sonam Kapoor. Shahid says, "We have become very good friends and share a great chemistry on screen. She's a terrific person who will always be special to me." Shahid also confesses, that as an actor, he tends to get too involved in his films. "I know of actors who can play cards on the day they are canning intense scenes. I cannot function like that. My moods change according to the scene of the day," he says

Maybe that's the reason why he didn't take a break in the middle of Mausam even though he could have. "I couldn't bring myself to plan a holiday," he says, adding that he intends to do the same after the film releases. While on the one hand his career is going great guns, on the other his personal life seems to be craving for some attention, Maybe he should hurry up on that much-needed vacation and put his love life in place.

aish_punk-Rinki-

-Rinki- IF-Sizzlerz
-Rinki-
-Rinki-

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:45am | IP Logged
I can't wait for Mausam, have to wait so much :(

Mausam is my career's toughest, Kapoor says.

Dubai: It's being peddled as the greatest love story of all times, so what better place than the 123rd floor of the world's tallest building Burj Khalifa to proclaim it. And that's precisely what Bollywood heart-throb Shahid Kapoor did on Saturday in Dubai as he spoke about his latest celluloid epic love story Mausam (Season).

"[It] is a film that is closest to my heart. It's been a long time since I have done an out and out love story — a story that talks about unconditional love," said Kapoor. The film, which is also the directorial debut of his father Pankaj Kapur, is a star-crossed tale of a Punjabi Indian Air Force pilot and a Kashmiri girl.

"I have done a lot of rom-coms [romantic comedies] which talk about relationships... But you really don't get to see a film where you have two people who love each other deeply, but it's the world that's tearing them apart," said Kapoor.

Though the plot may seem far from original, Kapoor is convinced that the film, featuring Sonam Kapoor as the Kashmiri girl would have cinema buffs sold on the idea of soul-mates and destiny.

Original Article : http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/film/mausam-is-my-career-s-toughest-kapoor-says-1.860964

jaanloveraish_punk

aish_punk IF-Sizzlerz
aish_punk
aish_punk

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:46am | IP Logged
thanks for the articles. i loved his answers in the first one!

whats going on?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaanlover

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:48am | IP Logged

I loved his interview...awesome answers!! I'm so excited about Mausam...Can't wait to see this movie...Shahid and Sonam are such an adorable jodi!!

How are you doing..? It's so quiet here..we need to be active at this place...I really miss it!!

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Tasneem-17aish_punk

jaanlover IF-Sizzlerz
jaanlover
jaanlover

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 5:58am | IP Logged
[/QUOTE]

Go to top