India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 22)

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
@ZoobiDoobi - Cute sig, love it <3 Thanks for sharing!

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 09 April 2011 at 7:17am | IP Logged

SOURCE: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/04/06/7285/index.html

"Mausam starts in 1992 & ends in 2003, but it's not a period film" - Shahid: Part 1 Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Devansh Patel, April 6, 2011 - 12:45 IST

Shahid KapoorAbout ten years ago if you had met Shahid Kapoor, he would've come across as funny, strange or even skinny. It's 2011. Today he might still be questioning why women find him so attractive. So as I type few of my last tweets before heading to his Andheri residence, I immediately get girls hooked on, sending their wishes and messages. Doesn't that describe the actor's mad fan following? There's no denying he's earned it the hard way. In person, Shahid looks every inch the movie star; a toned, somewhat rangy alpha male who parries questions with an easy twang. And yet on screen, there can be something low-key, even anonymous, about him. Kaminey is a film which many of his well wishers think is one act he will find difficult to surpass. What they don't realize is that the film was just the start of there being madness in method acting. But the actor is too fast to answer, "They haven't seen Mausam". Waiting for me in his apartment, Shahid looked relaxed in his dark blue chequered shirt and denims. His stubble made him look as if he's just returned from a prison break and his attitude made him look one hell of an actor who steals the show, come what may. Is this early interview an indication of Shahid Kapoor's soon-to-come mesmeric performance in Mausam? Whatever the answer, Shahid Kapoor is raring to steal the scenes. So over a cup of black coffee on a pleasant Sunday afternoon, UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent met up with the uncanny and unstoppable Shahid Kapoor. Presenting the 'exclusive first' of the two part special only on Bollywood Hungama

"My father waited six months for me to complete other projects because I had to give my heart and soul to Mausam

Mausam does require complete dedication and that's why I was told by my father, the director of the film too, to give my heart and soul to Mausam as the principal characters, played by me and Sonam travel twelve years through the film. He very specifically told me, 'I don't want you to do anything else in between while shooting for Mausam'. He waited six months for me to complete other projects and then decided to start the shoot. 

Shahid Kapoor"Air Force Pilot is one of the four looks I have in Mausam

I have four different looks in the film and my first look of an air force pilot is just one of them. It will be wrong if I say that I cannot surpass any of my previous performances, especially Kaminey. All characters I portray in films are different and cannot be compared. There are lot of films I've done and some performances that are very close to my heart. Mausam is again a special film for me. How successful it is, time will tell. We've tried to keep Mausam as commercial as it should be because it is an expensive film and has taken a year of my life. Yes, it will be released on a large scale. 

"Our biggest struggle is that we have an extremely varied audience" 

Hollywood has mastered the art of making great films that can connect with any audience. We still need to learn that. We can work harder. Our biggest struggle is that we have an extremely varied audience. A country like the US speaks the same language, there isn't any cultural difference. India has so much cultural variety and so many languages, that it becomes difficult for us to cater to each one of them. That is why the word commercial means something that can connect to the entire nation. 

"The biggest hits in our country have been love stories" 

Love is a universal emotion and that's why the biggest hits in our country have been love stories. It connects to one and all. National pride too is a universal emotion. That's why you will see films like Lagaan, Rang De Basanti and Chak De Indiawork. We just need to learn the art of how to do it. There are few people who have learnt that art and are successful today in our industry. 

Shahid Kapoor"Mausam starts in 1992 and ends in 2003" 

Mausam starts in 1992 and ends in 2003. It is spread over twelve years and it is not a period film. The agenda to release the first look quite early was because of many reasons. I play an air force officer and we never wanted to confuse the audience that it's a war film. It is a love story. The love story starts when the boy and girl are seventeen years of age and it goes on till they are in their thirties. You will see an adolescent and a mature love story too. 

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 09 April 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged
SOURCE: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/04/09/7297/index.html

"My dad's problem was my problem, on or off the sets" - Shahid Kapoor: Part 2 Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Devansh Patel, April 9, 2011 - 12:18 IST

Shahid KapoorShahid's looks may be remarkable, but his brain is astounding. Talking to him is extraordinary. He seems to have a unique way of processing the world around him. Although the 30 year-old has worked consistently for the past eight years, he made his name with two performances which showcased his remarkable physical versatility and skill as an actor, the commercially successful Jab We Met and the critically acclaimedKaminey. So when I sit with Shahid at an arm's length and see him talk, you can easily make out the actor's rebellious journey so far...and boy it has paid off! 'Boring' is not the word Shahid would use for his formative years in acting. The actor is sitting on his sofa and yet seems tall, tall in confidence. He's eight years sober now and loves it, growing his self-esteem and enjoying life. Doing things he's never done before, and by saying that I refer to his most ambitious film till date, Mausam. As he sips his Barista coffee specially ordered for him, he makes no apologies for serving me his home made black coffee. He is far too busy talking incessantly, articulately about his love-hate relationship with his work. 'I love what I do and I am doing exactly that. Mausam is my love,' he says. Post Kaminey, Shahid has proved himself to be something unique: not a handsome young Indian actor, but a chameleon with much more to him than meets the eye and off late, in every aspect of his life - most notably his work - Shahid seems to be hell-bent on bettering himself. So again I ask the questions - Will Mausam be the best rather than better? Will Shahid better his best till date (Kaminey)? UK's Harrow Observer columnist and Bollywood Hungama's London correspondent brings you Part 2 of this exclusive chat with Shahid Kapoor on his relationship with his father, director and mentor Pankaj Kapoor, his Scottish kilt, his Twitter and Facebook status and his strong belief that love is all about issues, insecurities and lack of trust....and we still love Shahid, don't we? Here's to love, life, Mausam and more. 

"I was a little nervous the first time around while facing dad" 

My father is somebody who is very open to conversations and I think I was a little nervous the first time around while facing him. But we cracked it instantly. He knew that I wasn't stepping on the sets as an actor but as his son too and it was my film as much as it is his. We developed a great working relationship. I really depend on him a lot when it comes to acting. The most beautiful thing about doing this film with my father is that I can just trust him. 

"We were in Scotland for almost two months and I did wear that famous Scottish kilt" 

I was shooting in Scotland when I decided to take a three day break to visit London. But I kept it quiet as I wanted to spend sometime not discussing the film or talking to the Press. So I decided to go to Wimbledon and watch Murray sweat it out with Nadal in the Quarter Finals. London is a great city and I love it. We were in Scotland for almost two months and I did wear that famous Scottish kilt. 

Shahid Kapoor"I am off Facebook. But I'm not off Twitter" 

I am very moody. So as of now, I am off Facebook. But I'm not off Twitter. Whenever I feel the need to tweet, I do it. If I am in a headspace I talk about it but not otherwise. It's a thin line because you also want to keep a lot of things private. Things which I am comfortable talking about, I post it on Twitter but I don't feel the urge to tweet every day. 

"We are imperfect. We have issues, we lack trust sometimes, and we have our insecurities" 

There was a time when issues cropped up in love due to external factors. Parents, religion, etc. Now, the issue of love lies within us. Love stories are being made forever, since the time films were being made. The more relevant love stories are the ones which talk about problems coming from the people who are in that relationship. We are imperfect. We have issues, we lack trust sometimes and we have our insecurities. And these are the things that cause issues in any love story in today's times, especially if you are making a contemporary love story. That's how I look at it but anyone is entitled to their take in 'love'.

"My dad's problem was my problem, on or off the sets" 

Any problem which my dad had on set was my problem. I was always available to him as and when he felt the need for me to participate in something. I wasn't just an actor on the sets, I was his son too. And I am his son first and then an actor.

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Siddhi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Siddhi_
Siddhi_

Posted: 30 April 2011 at 4:13am | IP Logged

Where is everyone? Confused

Check out all the new Mausam stills!! xD

226798_101501743141492pb8i.jpg

216211_10150157246137455_52278797454_7165245_400806_n.jpg

217752_101501743146142gyei.jpg

221626_1015017431441421zoh.jpg

246458032.jpg

tumblr_lk9rmlinoi1qc5zqu.jpg

tumblr_lk9rn2RUEE1qc5zqu.jpg
Tasneem-17 IF-Dazzler
Tasneem-17
Tasneem-17

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:36am | IP Logged
@Siddhi: thanx a tonn for posting the articles and the pics. I'm droolingDay Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Siddhi_

nkapoor IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tasneem-17Siddhi_

Tasneem-17 IF-Dazzler
Tasneem-17
Tasneem-17

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nkapoor

really looking forward to MAUSAM!!!

same her Smile
btw, whatz ur name?

My namez TasneemBig smile
Welcome to Sasha LandHug

After the pics, the articles and all the buzz around, i really can't wait for the month July to arriveEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Siddhi_

Go to top