Celebrity Fan Clubs

Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 145)

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 05 October 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Shahid is not responsible for the failure of Phata Poster: Tigmanshu
When we meet Tigmanshu Dhulia at his Andheri office, the filmmaker is busy watching the finale of 'Breaking Bad'. His office is decked up with posters of Bergman and Coppola movies, while books on India's history and wars sit neatly lined on the shelves. Excerpts from the conversation that transpired: 

Any specific reason you chose Saif Ali Khan for Bullett Raja
I wanted to break his suave and sophisticated image. Although he has done a Langda Tyagi(Omkara) he will shock people with 'Bullett Raja'. The film is an experiment for both, Saif and I.

What led to the ouster of Irrfan Khan from the project? He had already shot for certain portions. 
Yes, he was on board, and we had started shooting. However, he had committed for an international project, and had to leave my film. I didn't even ask for a lot of time from him - needed hardly 15 days. But unfortunately it didn't work out. But, he remains one of my favourite actors. There is no bad blood between us.

Irrfan reminds me of the Oscar fiasco between The Lunchbox and The Good Road. What is your take on the controversy? 
(Smiles) They (The Lunchbox camp) shouldn't have reacted the way they did. You don't make a film with an Oscar award in your mind. Last year, Paan Singh Tomar was a frontrunner asIndia's official nomination, but they ended up sending Barfi! instead. I won't lie - I did feel sad for few days, but then I was alright with it. I didn't crib, or make any sweeping statements (pauses).

Go on... 
I believe all this is done to generate curiosity for a film. Eventually, so much gets written about it that everybody wants to see it. This is exactly what happened with The Lunchbox.

Recently, Imran Khan had to be replaced in Milan Talkies. Why does this keep happening to your films? 
(Laughs) Add Shraddha Kapoor to the list. She too won't be able to do Milan Talkies. But, she is doing another Balaji film with Mohit Suri. I don't know why it happens to me. Actors today want to position themselves in a certain way and they are extremely cautious how they are represented (sighs).

Is Shahid Kapoor still a part of Milan Talkies? Why is he evading to go on record? 
Certain formalities are yet to be completed, but he is definitely doing the film. We go on floors in December.

Considering the fate of Phata Poster Nikla Hero, do you think that Shahid is a commercially viable choice? 
See, that perception is wrong. The failure of Phata Poster on any of his other films is not Shahid's fault per se. As for me, I work with actors. And I think Shahid is a fantastic actor.

You're also toying with the idea of making a film on Begum Samru, but it seems that finding a heroine for it has become a tough task. Rani, Vidya and Kareena turned down the role... 
It is an incredibly sensitive role. It's about a woman who had multiple affairs while she was married. I'm looking at an international collaboration - in terms of finance as well as talent. I understand why these ladies have refused the role. We come from a certain cultural baggage, which doesn't allow us to enjoy certain liberties.

You've always set your film with a rustic heartland as the backdrop. Will we ever see a Tigmanshu film set in an urban environment? 
I set my films in a certain milieu, because that is the one, which I understand better than say, a metropolitan one. I've grown up in a small town, and I feel I can get the nuances and the culture right.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Savi_Ssadffi

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 05 October 2013 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Prabhu Deva reveals why Shahid is the perfect Rajkumar
Prabhu Deva reveals why Shahid is the perfect Rajkumar

The trailer of Eros International and NextGen Films' action entertainer R...Rajkumar created a splash as soon as it launched, creating a frenzy on the social media front ,treating audiences to aShahid Kapoor like never before, presented in signature Prabhu Deva style. 

Talking about why he approached the Gen-X actor for the out-and-out action, masala entertainer, says Prabhu Deva, " It's hard to explain, when you see the film you will know that Shahid fits the role perfectly R...Rajkumarneeded an actor who was never seen in an full-fledged action avatar before and Shahid was perfect to essay the character". 

Talking about what sets R...Rajkumar apart from his other masala potboilers adds the director, "My films have love, dance, romance, drama, comedy " and we Indians love seeing these emotions on screen. Yes, R...Rajkumar is a romantic film with action like the others, but the way it is presented makes it different". 

All praise for the film's lead says producer Viki Rajani, "Shahid Kapoor is a very talented actor who hasn't been exploited in the action space. With this movie audiences will be introduced to Shahid Kapoor - The Action Hero". 

Eros International and NextGen Films' R...Rajkumar starring Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha, directed by Prabhu Deva is scheduled to release 6th December 2013. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Savi_Ssadffi

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 06 October 2013 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Reality shows lure SRK, Ranbir, Akshay & Priyanka
Promotions have become an integral part ofBollywood films. Stars, superstars and newcomers don't leave any stone unturned to make sure that their films are promoted well before they hit the theatres.

The small screen has become an important medium for Bollywood stars to promote their films. Considering the increasing number of reality shows and their TRPs, reality shows have become an easy reach for Bollywood stars to connect with their fans.

Shahid Kapoor along with Ileana D'cruz made an appearance on the sets of Kaun Banega Crorepati to promote their upcoming flick 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero'. According to reports, Shahid showed off his dance moves on 'Agal bagal' and asked AB to join him. The episode was aired on 20th September.

Ranbir and Neetu Kapoor too visited the sets of KBC recently. The mother-son duo had a blast playing the game. When Amitabh Bachchan requested them to dance together they instantly got up and grooved to the song 'Ek main aur ek tu' from Rishi - Neetu starrer movie 'Khel khel mein'. The episode was aired on 22nd September.

Bigg Boss 7's first episode saw none other than Khiladi Kumar along with the host Salman Khan. Akshay visited the sets of Bigg Boss 7 to promote his upcoming film BOSS. Along with Dabangg Khan, Akki didn't give up the chance to entertain his fans and make sure his film gets the desired attention.

In the past, Akshay was seen promoting Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Doobara along withImran Khan on the sets of Comedy Nights With Kapil.

Priyanka Chopra and her smashing handsome Zanjeer co-star Ram Charan too made their presence in many shows. They hosted Savdhaan India and Priyanka was also seen promoting her film on Comedy Nights with Kapil along with Ram Charan.

Shahrukh Khan took over the small screen when he promoted his ambitious film Ra.One. The actor was also seen promoting Chennai Express on Comedy Nights With Kapil along with director Rohit Shetty and co-star Deepika.

Reality shows have a wider reach and stars are one click away for their fans which brings a lot of popularity to the reality shows as well as the celebrities. Stars shake a leg with the reality TV contestants and also participate in small gimmicks on the shows and get involved in many promotional activities on the small screen.

It surely seems that the small screen is no more a smaller medium for the stars to endorse their projects.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 07 October 2013 at 6:31am | IP Logged

Shahid has recently joined the social networking wagon

The actor's fan following is enormous and his versatility helps the actor add on more fans to his existing extensive fan following

Monday, October 07, 2013   |  Copyright:   |  Comments 2 Comments  |  202 Views

Shahid Kapoor has a humongous fan following and is highly popular largely among the girls. 

The ace actor who is usually a shy person, had stayed away from social networking sites. Shahid recently joined the social networking wagon. In no time the actor had 3.1 million people liking his fan page and the number has been increasing ever since. 

The actor's fan following is enormous and his versatility helps the actor add on more fans to his existing extensive fan following. Shahid as an actor, performer, dancer or comedian, he has emerged as a complete entertainer. The actor's candour is surely helping him garner this huge fan following!

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/bollywood-events/37727-shahid-has-recently-joined-the-social-networking-wagon.htm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 07 October 2013 at 7:02am | IP Logged

Priyanka hits, Ranbir misses

Check our list what worked and what didn't this week

Priyanka hits, Ranbir misses

HEART IT

24 series
We hope this changes the face of Indian television

Priyanka's first look in Ram-leela
The picture is sizzling hot and hope that this time PeeCee scores in item numbers.

Ranveer Singh discharged

We love him and after several injuries and now dengue, we hope that the actor gets well soon.

R... Rajkumar trailer
The trailer has got 818,015 views on Youtube and we sense another massive hit from Prabhudheva.

Nagada Dhol Baaje song

We love the song and the way it is shot by Sanjay Leela Bhansali!

TRASH IT

Besharam
If you have seen the film, our sympathies are with you.

A year without Salman Khan film

2013 is passing by without a Dabangg Khan film.

70s and 80s Remakes
After Himmatwala and Zanjeer, we have lost hope in remakes.

Krrish 3 music
Huge disappointment from a Rakesh Roshan film, hope the film makes up for it.

Bigg Boss 7

Nothing new. Same catfights and love triangles on the 'reality' show.

http://www.filmfare.com/features/priyanka-hits-ranbir-misses-4316.html

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 07 October 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
Shahid feels Sonakshi has strong hands
Shahid feels Sonakshi has strong hands

Actors have less to worry about while shooting action scenes with other actors as compared to those with actresses.

Case in point is Shahid Kapoor, who revealed that his leading lady in 'R... Rajkumar', Sonakshi Sinha, has strong hands, vis-a-vis the scene in which she slaps him.

However, when asked about the hardcoremaara-maari scenes with Sonu Sood, the actor said, "We're currently shooting a high-octane climax and we're looking out for each other. While we've to maintain the authenticity and conviction of our characters, we're also being cautious that the other person doesn't get hurt, even accidentally."

Looks like all that on-screen maar-dhaad has resulted in bhaichara between Shahid and Sonu.

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 07 October 2013 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
From Phata Poster Nikla Hero. Free to use. Visit my shop http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3510654 for more.

The two big ones I made online because they weren't working in PSC for some really weird reason. Confused

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 08 October 2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Leopard drops in on the sets of R...Rajkumar
Leopard drops in on the sets of R...Rajkumar

While shooting at the lake near Film City, panic hit the sets of Eros International and NextGen Film's 'R..Rajkumar' as a leopard climbed into the area where a crucial scene of the film was being shot. 

Quick thinking on the part of the action entertainer's crew and the guards at FilmCity, dummy guns and empty bottle sounds were used to scare away the wild animal. 

Says producer Viki Rajani , " While we were shooting near the Film City lake at 1.30 am we saw a leopard climbing up a lamp post. There was a lot of panic amongst the 300-400 odd people who were present on the set.But we fired dummy guns that were used by the actors playing henchmen to make enough noise to scare away the creature . We had sufficient security so it was not an issue and we continued shooting till five in the morning"

Go to top