Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 132)

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Saqib Saleem on sister Huma's link up with Shahid Kapoor
Saqib Saleem on sister Huma's link up with Shahid Kapoor

Saqib Saleem , son of famous restaurateurSaleem Qureshi and Huma Qureshi's brother,made an entry into the industry as a model. The actor has been able to make a mark in the industry with his talent and hard work.

Saqib also looks up to his sister Huma and prefers to discuss work related queries with her. He's a protective brother and extremely close to Huma.

Recently, there were rumours linking Huma with Shahid Kapoor, to which Saquib replied, "There is nothing of that sort between them.

Ask him how do they react to such rumours and he says, "You know what, we just laugh about such reports, because we know that we are actors and are bound to be written about and its' funny. Sorry if I may sound rude, but it's all fabricated by the media. People end up seeing actors hanging around with somebody and they link them together. I don't know how to react to such things, but me and Huma just laugh about it."

Well, for the time being, we would like to believe Saqib since he is the closest person to Huma.

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor need to thank Sonu Sood
Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor need to thank Sonu Sood

Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor were meant to clash on November 29, with Bullet Raja andRambo Rajkumar releasing on the same day.

There is no love lost between the two and they would have been happy to compete if the need arose. But as luck would have it, the collision has been avoided. One hears from the production team of Shahid's film (now awaiting a fresh title), that director Prabhudheva needs to shoot some live action with Sonu Sood.

Sonu, who had fractured his foot in February, couldn't shoot the sequences earlier as his foot was in a cast. So, Shahid's film may go to December instead of November, because the action sequence with Sonu is integral to the plot.

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 7:02am | IP Logged
What I liked about Shahid was his patience: Ramesh Taurani
What I liked about Shahid was his patience: Ramesh Taurani

Producer of Phata Poster Nikhla Hero Ramesh Taurani tells us what he saw in Shahid Kapoor, when he walked into his office for the first time at the age of 19. Excerpts:

What made you launch Shahid Kapoor in Ishq Vishk?
I saw a video of the song Aakhon Mein Tera Hi Chehra, in which he was the model and I asked my office to call him to meet me. He was just 19 when he walked into my office first. I liked him and told him that he could make it big, but he would need to wait for the correct break as at that time, he was skinny and looked too young. He left and called me a few months later asking me for advice whether I felt he should take up the offer he had of doing N Chandra's two-hero film Style. I told him that it would have to be his decision as it was his life, N Chandra being a big director. I also told him that I had him in mind even though at that time, I had neither a story nor a director. He thought about it and called me after one week saying, 'Sir, it is a two-hero film and I don't want to do it, so I have said no.'
Ken Ghosh used to make videos for our music label Tips at that time and he came to present some film ideas to me. It was supposed to be a 15-minute meeting that he stretched to 45 minutes. I did not like any of the ideas he presented. But just when I decided to leave, he narratedIshq Vishk to me. I loved it and told him about Shahid. When Shahid came to meet Ken, he was so skinny that Ken was shocked seeing him. Shahid was sure that he would get trained by the time the film would start. And to our surprise, three months later we had a Shahid with his muscles built, walking into my office looking like a star ready to shoot the film. Ken was thrilled to see him. The film did well and Shahid became a star. Aziz Mirza saw the film and said, 'Yeh director college gaya hai.' He also liked Shahid and cast him later in Kismat Konnection. What I liked about Shahid was his patience. He was clear that he wanted to be launched correctly. That was his ambition. Every actor makes some wrong choices in his career, but basically Shahid is a good actor and is focused and has excelled himself in Phata Poster Nihkla Hero.

Let's talk about the director Rajkumar Santoshi?
I see today that young actors feel older directors are old school. No doubt that we have very good young directors and there are certain old directors, who have genuinely become old school, but there are directors like Abbas-Mustan, David Dhawan and Rajkumar Santoshi, who know today's cinema and cannot be termed old school. Look at Steven Spielberg. Every top star would want to work with him. He is not old school. In this film, you will see a new Shahid. And, that credit goes to Rajkumar Santoshi. He is himself a good actor and will enact the scene and show it to his actors and can, therefore, explain what he wants easily to them. Salman had worked with Rajji inAndaz Apna Apna and had told Katrina at the time of Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, 'Just follow Rajji and if you get even 10% of how he acts, your life is made.' And we all saw how good Katrina was in the film. That is why Rajji is regarded as an actor's director.

Phata Poster Nikhla Hero releases today.

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 7:15am | IP Logged
'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' is Shahid's biggest opener?
'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' is Shahid's biggest opener?

Rajkumar Santoshi's 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' has had a decent start at the Box Office. StarringShahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz in lead roles, PPNH seems to have done better at single screens.

While the only other competition this week forShahid's film is the Irrfan Khan starrer 'The Lunchbox', the latter seems to be doing well at urban 'A' multiplexes.

According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, PPNH has managed to rake in almost 6 crore on Friday. He wrote on micro blogging site Twitter, "#PPNH revised figure Fri Rs 5.75 cr to Rs 6 cr".

Further adding, "#PhataPosterNikhlaHero is Shahid's biggest start when one compares it with #TeriMeriKahaani [AED 400,000] and #Mausam [AED 350,000] in UAE".

"#PhataPosterNikhlaHero embarks on a robust start in UAE-GCC. Collects AED 425,000 [72.15 lacs] on Thu".

Will the film pick up from here remains to be seen!

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Ranbir is detached, Shahid is not : Ileana D'Cruz
Actress Ileana is in a fix, she just can't choose between Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor, her co-stars of Barfi and Phata Poster Nikhla Hero

"I can't pick one. The film I did with Ranbirwasn't full of masti as this one with Shahid," says Ileana, further adding that working relationship with both was different as they have different temperaments.

"Ranbir is detached in a way which is probably good for him. He will never open himself to me or to anybody he doesn't know too well. Probably there is more trust and he is more comfortable with his family. I don't know Ranbir although I worked with him for over a year. I know little bit of hm. He keeps his personal and professional life very, very separate. It is probably a good way to stay sane. I have never seen him show immense anger, immense sadness or immense happiness. He is always seen as neutral, calm person. It is great, it is admirable. Both Ranbir and I have respect for each other," she says.

Shahid, according to Ileana, is fun. "Shahid is nuts, he is comical. It was fun working with both of them," she said, further adding, "Shahid is moody and so am I. He doesn't hide his feelings. He is not as detached as Ranbir is. But they are both very focused in their work."

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 22 September 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Shahid Kapoor's fans meet their idol
Shahid Kapoor's fans meet their idol

Shahid Kapoor is an hour late but his fans, 19-year old Jai Hind college student Parakram Rana and 17-year old National College student Ishita Bhojwani were expecting it. "He's been visiting colleges promoting his latest film," says Bhojwani. "That must be tiring." However, Shahid walks out of the lift with his trademark smile and no trace of fatigue. He instantly recognises Bhojwani. She is the founder of the largest Shahid Kapoor fan club on Twitter " it boasts 7,000 fans since it began in April 2012. "You're here!" he exclaims. Bhojwani blushes. 

"We have tonnes of questions for you," says Rana as the duo huddles around Shahid for pictures. "Stop posing and start asking then," he laughs. Rana wants to know about his upcoming film Hamlet directed by Vishal Bharadwaj. "It's an unapologetic, dark and real film set inKashmir," Shahid replies. "I'm very excited about it." Bhojwani's heard that he's going bald for the film. "Please don't!" she says. "But it's good to try different things, no? Like Brad Pitt did in Fight Club. You need to challenge yourself as an actor. I'll look good," he assures her. 

They ask him about his time as a dancer with Shiamak Davar. "I always miss Shiamak. I had fun in my life when I was part of his troupe. I was in college, making good money, I had really good friends. I loved it," he replies. "And then you decided to become an actor?" asks Rana. "You know, at that time I never thought I'd get the chance to be one. Sure, my father's an actor (Pankaj Kapoor), but I didn't want to ask him to call anybody for me. Nowadays, so many newcomers are launched. There were 26 of them last year. When I was doing Ishq Vishq in 2003, you'd see a newcomer once in five years, so we were very scared," he replies. "And even then, Ken Ghosh had initially rejected me and asked me to build a body," he says. Rana asks Shahid about his toughest role so far. The actor admits it's the one he played in Vishal Bharadwaj's Kaminey

"Although it was a double role, you remember the hero for the speech defect," he says. "I visited speech therapists and tried to understand why someone stammers. Lisping is a physical problem, but stammering could be psychosomatic. A childhood trauma, lack of confidence...you have to research, else people will kick you're a**!" he says. 

"Do you think you've grown as an actor?" asks Bhojwani. "Yeah, but I don't think I can be like my father," says Shahid. "There can be only one Pankaj Kapoor. I'd say I've found my own identity, but there's a lot more I can do." 

It's time for some rapid-fire questions. Rana fires away. Favourite actress? "You've got to give me options," Shahid jests. "Actually, I'll go for the Audience poll. Whoever the audience chooses, I'll second that," he laughs. Favourite dancer? "Hrithik. And I love, love, love, love, love Govinda," he says. Directors you want to work with? "Vikramaditya Motwane, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Abhishek Choubey." How was it working with Sonakshi on Rambo Rajkumar? "She's a fantasticdancer," he replies. "I'd forgotten my steps, but she remembered it all." "And finally, Ileana?" asks Rana. "I connect her with waist movement," replies Shahid. "I searched her on Google and saw all the item songs she'd done in the South. There were many close-ups of her waist, and that's what I remember her for!" he laughs. 

"Are you going to tear your shirt in Phata Poster Nikla Hero?" asks Bhojwani. "I'm tearing the poster, not my shirt!" says Shahid. "I'm playing a Salman fan in the film, and he has a special appearance in the film, where I go 'Yay'! You know, like how you do," he says, teasing Bhojwani. 

"Are you happy to be single?" Bhojwani asks. "Yes, I am," replies Shahid, who in turn poses this question to Rana. "Not really," the teenager answers. "Aren't your parents asking you to get married?" Shahid teases Bhojwani, who blushes a deep red. "We're the singles club," he declares, and his fans nod in agreement. 

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 23 September 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Phata Poster Nikhla Hero collects Rs 21.25 cr
Phata Poster Nikhla Hero collects Rs 21.25 cr

Shahid Kapoor's 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' has managed to collect Rs 21.25 cr at the Box Office in its first weekend. 

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#PhataPosterNikhlaHero collected approx Rs 21.25 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri Rs 6 cr, Sat Rs 7 cr, Sun Rs 8.25 cr."

He further tweeted, "#PPNH has ordinary wknd, #TheLunchbox has remarkable growth, #GrandMasti touches 80 cr."

Though the numbers are not bad, considering names like Shahid KapoorIleana D'Cruz andRajkumar Santoshi attached to the project, the business is tagged as ordinary in trade circles. Let's wait and watch if the film sustains at the box-office in the coming days. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 23 September 2013 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Costume check: Phata Poster and Lunchbox
Costume check: Phata Poster and Lunchbox

A style quotient check on the two releases of last Friday - 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' and 'The Lunchbox'.

'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' has the earnestness of the intellectually unambitious. It's an unpretentious entertainer that speaks in recognisable symbols. Facial hair plays a supportive comic role. The bristly mooch of the bugle blower heralds the hilarity as our hero bungles up a physical examination. The doctor's facial hair is assaulted by a drunk lawn mower; his patience, by Vishwas Rao ( Shahid Kapoor).

Viju Khote's detachable mooch is linked to Golmaal, which also influences Vishwas Rao's (Shahid Kapoor) 'Ram Prasad' diction. Gundappa's (Saurabh Shukla) ring of frazzled hair places him as a corrupt version of R K Laxman's Common Man. With hair like that, he can only be as menacing as the director's Crime Master Gogo. The Villain supreme wears the international uniform of the truly evil -- dark trench coat, gloves and a clutch of grey hair. In contrast, Vishwas is two people -- around his mother, he wears school-boyish halfsleeved shirts or khaki. Away from her, he wears an attention-grabbing red shirt. Savitri should have guessed his true ambition when she hands him a white and navy cap (like Aamir Khan's in Dil Hai ke Manta Nahin). Other touches complete the characters - Kajal is (Illeana D'Cruz) a traditional heroine, so it is just that her princess waves stay put through scooter rides and fist fights. Pens line up in Guruji's (Sudhir Mishra) pocket to arrest stories that escape him. Three appearances of the Being Human tee could be Salman Khan's fee for a special appearance.

Rajkumar Santoshi made a comedy, but costume designer Preeti Sharma leaves us with a mystery -- why does the photographer who clicks Vishwas' portfolio wear a tiger stripe turban and jacket?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

Go to top