Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 131)

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:41am | IP Logged
My time is not right: Shahid Kapoor
My time is not right: Shahid Kapoor

Actor Shahid Kapoor, who will be seen next in 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' releasing this week, has not been able to impress the box-office in the recent past but is hopeful of better days ahead.

Post 'Badmassh Company' in 2010, the 32-year-old's films have not done well at the box officeand he thinks his time is not right.

"I feel when the time is right almost every decision you make seems right. And my time is not right and all my decisions don't seem to go right. Because the time when you sign a film and till the time the film gets made it is a long journey. Once I have taken a decision I have always stood by it... regardless of the final outcome," Shahid told .

"I think I should not change myself according to my films irrespective of how they fare. I must stay true to myself. I am a creative personand my job is to act."

The actor does feel he has done less number of films and now his focus is to do more good and quality work.

"I think I have done less work and this is something I needed to focus on. And I am working on building equations with people. I want to work with directors whom I can completely submit myself to. I think that is very important. Rajkumar Santoshi, Prabhu Deva, Vishal Bharadwaj are the kind of filmmakers I can trust blindly and follow," he said.

"As an actor you have to make an effort to build equation with the people you work with. It is not a forced effort. But you need to take certain steps to make the team invest in you and you invest in them."

After the phenomenal success of 'Jab We Met' in 2007, Shahid had said he will be ultra choosy about his work.

"Sometimes being ultra choosy works in your favour sometimes it doesn't. After 'Vivah' I sat at home for six months and then did 'Jab We Met' and this film worked so I was choosy about works. After that my next two films did not do well so I was like this (being choosy) doesn't work," he said.

"I don't think you can really have a plan. I don't think there is any set plan that an actor can have. The more time you spend here (in Bollywood), the more you realise you should not take yourself seriously.

"An actor needs to be like clay, he needs to allow other people to mould him as this adds variety," the actor added. Speaking about his film 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, Shahid said the action comedy, which releases this Friday, will present him in a new avatar.

"It is out an out a masala entertaining character, which I haven't played earlier. I haven't said massy one liners, tapori songs etc...this zone is different for me. The most challenging part was to adapt to this genre," the actor said. 

Shahid was all praise for Santoshi, who according to him, is also a good actor and he just followed his instructions. 

In the film, Shahid will be seen as an ardent fan of Salman Khan. Shahid said in real life too, he is a fan of the 'Dabangg' star and hence there was no difficulty in playing this part. 

"Our generation is a huge fan of all three Khans...we all have seen their films. I have seen a lot of hysterical fans and this time it was exciting that I got chance to play a fan. I have played a hyper and desperate fan." 

Ekta Kapoor-produced film 'Milan Talkies' has been in the news for a while now, mainly because of speculation regarding its lead actor. Earlier, the film was supposed to have Imran Khan in the lead, but a few days back Shahid's name started doing the round. 

Shahid, who has completed a decade in Bollywood, set the record straight, saying the film has been offered to him but he hasn't signed it yet. 

The 'Ishq Vishk' actor thinks film promotions are important in today's era as the market is growing, so actors have to go all out and promote their work. 

"If anybody of my generation thinks they have reached out to the entire country they are stupid. There is a large audience who still doesn't know much about us. The generation ahead of us, like Khans and others, are working for 25 years and so everybody is aware of their work. For our generation it is extremely important to promote a film," he added.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Regina.Phalangesadffi-HJ-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:42am | IP Logged
It's high time people over utilised me: Shahid Kapoor
It's high time people over utilised me: Shahid Kapoor

Although actor Shahid Kapoor says that it was probably the shortest trip that he had ever made, he enjoyed his visit to Lucknow on Sunday, thoroughly. 

"I was in the city just for a couple of hours but it was great fun. The air of the city is also nawabi! While the aircraft was hovering over the city, I could see these lovely sprawling bungalows which seemed ideal for a farmhouse. I wish I could have one like that," said the actor who was in Lucknow to promote his film 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero'.

Telling us about his film Shahid said, "This is my first tryst with a full fledged comedy. I enjoyed myself completely while the film was being made. There was so much fun we all had on the sets. Rest is up to the audience. But I can assure them, it'll be a laugh riot for them."

Mention the yellow shirt and green jeans that he's worn in one of the songs of the film and Shahid laughs out loud. "Yes, it is far removed from the image that people have of me. They can't imagine me wearing such clothes. But believe me, I so enjoyed wearing it and dancing in that song. Till now people thought of me as a somber, serious kind of guy. I hope this makes them think differently about me. In my previous films, my approach would be very serious and careful about my character and how I would enact it, but in PPNH I was totally bindaas, I just let go and that I think has reflected on screen and it will in all my films now."

Stressing on how he is out to change his image, Shahid said, "People were taken by surprise with my acting, look and character in Kaminey. PPNH, will also do something similar. They will be surprised to see me."

Talking of 'Kaminey', in a recent interview the film's director, Vishal Bhardwaj, with whom Shahid has also signed Haider, a film based on Shakespeare's play Hamlet, said that Shahid is one of the most underutilised actor in Bollywood. Commenting on the comment, Shahid said, "Vishal sir understands me really well. He took that huge risk while casting me for 'Kaminey'. He gave my image that make-over from that of a lover-boy's to a menacing, action hero. And if he says that I am an under utilised actor, I guess I am. It's high time people over utilised me. I am really looking forward to Haider and working with Vishal sir. I'm sure it'll be as exciting as 'Kaminey' was."

He further added, "I do want to work more. Do more films. It's a fact and I hold myself responsible for it, that I did not take my career seriously in these past few years. I had a good chance after the success of 'Vivah', 'Jab We Met' and 'Kaminey', but I let it go. But now, I intend to work like a mad man possessed!"

There's also news of Shahid signing the remake of Raj Kumar Santoshi's Andaz Apna Apna with actor Ranbir Kapoor. To that the actor said, "I did hear of it too but I haven't been approached for it officially yet. But if given the opportunity, I would grab it with both hands. Andaz Apna Apna was a cult film and I'd be elated to be a part of its remake. But that apart, no one can beat Aamir Khan and Salman Khan. After all I also want to do what every actor aspires to do, provide what the audience craves: entertainment, entertainment, entertainment!"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi-HJ-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Bollywood's item boys check in
So what's the fuss about Bollywood's leading ladies being item girls? The leading men Bollywood are no less with all the latka jhatkas, the sexiness, bodyliscious moves and of course the male oomph. Be it the King Khan, Khiladi Kumar or the youngest hearthrob Ranbir Kapoor, they all are competing for the hottest item spot of B-Town. Here's a list of those who sizzled on the screen. 

Shahid Kapoor Phata Poster Nikhla Hero - Dhating Naach Shahid is celebrating a fresh start with an outright comedy where he not only looks energetic, but his dance moves have already caught his fans' fancy. Dhating Naach (with Nargis Fakri) looks like the new dance anthem with this chocolate boy making it big on the dance floor. 

sadffi-HJ-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Young guns of Bollywood love their shoes 'coloured'

The B-town hunks have been lately sporting a lot of stylish yet comfortable sport shoes in pop colours.

Thursday, September 19, 2013   |  Copyright: india-forums/Bollywood  |  Comments 1 Comments  |  102 Views

When it comes to being stylish, the young brigade in B-town is always up to date. The latest trend seen is the love of the young stars for coloured shoes.

The B-town hunks have been lately sporting a lot of stylish yet comfortable sport shoes in pop colours. Even when wearing something so casual, the stars manage to carry them in a very trendy manner.

Recently, Shahid Kapoor and Imran Khanwere seen wearing blue and green sports shoes respectively.  The blue Lanvin shoes that Siddharth Malhotra wore for Arjun Kapoor's birthday bash was talked about a lot. Even Farhan Akhtar's famous yellow shoes have been replaced by the trending neon green shoe.

These boys totally know how to keep it stylish!

sadffi-HJ-

sadffi IF-Rockerz
sadffi
sadffi

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged
TFS Shreya :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-HJ-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

5 reasons to watch Phata Poster Nikhla Hero

We bring you 5 reasons to watch tomorrow's release

WRITTEN BY
Filmfare
Written By Filmfare
Editorial
Posted Thu, Sep 19, 2013
RATE STORY
Rated
Rate
SHARE THIS STORY

Phata Poster Nikhla Hero
Cast: Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz
Directed by: Rajkumar Santoshi 

1. Shahid Kapoor in a comic avatar after a while
2. Ileana D'Cruz second outing after a hit debut, Barfi!
3. Rajkumar Santoshi is back after his super hit Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani
4. The music of the film is very catchy and fun
5. Nargis Fakhri's item number

http://www.filmfare.com/features/5-reasons-to-watch-phata-poster-nikhla-hero-4188.html

sadffi-HJ-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 6:56am | IP Logged

Movie Review: Phata Poster Nikla Hero

Cast: Shahid KapoorIleana D'Cruz, Saurab Shukla, Padmini Kolhapure, Director: Rajkumar Santoshi Rating:**

Friday, September 20, 2013   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / Bollywood  |  Comments 8 Comments  |  1418 Views

When the promo of Phata Poster Nikla Hero was released I had made up my mind as to how the film is going to be and greatly whatever I had imagined came true on the big screen. PPNK stars Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruzin lead roles and is directed byRajkumar Santoshi. It is quite impossible to believe that the director who gave us the laugh riot calledAndaz Apna Apna once upon a time has presented its audience with Phata Poster... (Pun Intended). 

Shahid Kapoor is Vishwas Rao who wants to be a 'Hero' but his mom played by Padmini Kolhapure wants her son to be an honest police officer, as honest as honest can get. She is an auto-rikshaw driver in the film and is so honest that she herself pays money to a cop for breaking a traffic signal the previous day. Oh! Really?

So, the mother wants the son to be a police officer and the son wants to be a hero and from there begins the 'supposed' comedy of errors. If you're expecting that this would be a zany comedy which will tickle your funny bone left right and centre, you're highly mistaken because this seemed like the longest 146 minutes of my life. 
Ileana D'Cruz who was wonderful in Barfi seemed like she has lost the plot here. She plays the role of this social activist called Kaajal and her sole motive in life is to get complaints registered with the police about every goon around. The police department calls her 'complaint Kaajal' and after this oh my god so funny line, we all roll on the floor laughing. She has a taped smile on her face in many scenes and sometimes her eyes pop out for no reason at all. Seems like something is up with both the female stars of Barfi. FirstPriyanka Chopra's Zanjeer and now this. Did that film take everything out of these actors? I hope not. 
Ileana looks stunning in the entire film . She looks so pretty that she can give any damsel a run for her money. But thats it then. 

Kaajal mistakens Vishwas for a real cop and Vishwas who is Chulbul Pandey-cum- Bajirao Singham-cum Bahatar Singh in one boxes the goons left right and centre. (Action sequence, CHECK.) He is made to pretend like a cop because his mother comes to visit him. Gradually Kaajal and Vishwas fall in love and begins a not so romantic love story. ( Romancing the heroine in a song, CHECK). In the second half the good that has been instilled in Vishwas by his mother speaks out loud. Mother gets to know about the pretence cop and the goodboy Vishwas wakes up and wants to amend whatever he has done to hurt his mother. ( Mother-son emotion, CHECK). Alot of random things happen and after that when you finally crawl till the climax of the film you find yourself in 2009 when Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahaani was released. The climax is so similar to Santoshi's previous film that you know, 'by the power vested in you' that what the end will be. The chaotic climax spoils the already spoiled film and there is nothing in this dish to savour. 

Watching this over the top, loud Shahid broke my heart many times as I was wondering if he was the same person who did films like Ishq Vishk, Vivaah and Kaminey. The best thing about this film and Shahid is the way he dances in all the songs. He dances like a dream and there is no denying that. Whenever a song comes and Shahid breaks into a dance, you want to watch it. He floats like water and is effortless when he's dancing. 

In PPNH every character is trying too hard to grab attention and thats where the humour dies. Forced comedy is never a good thing. Another moment of smile which comes while watching this flick is when Salman Khan enters. He has the power to make you smile even when he is in the film for exact 2 minutes. Well, he'sSalman Khan then. 
All in all the plot of the film is messy and too much is happening resulting in nothing. If this film is meant to be funny, then its not. If this one is action, then ummm.. I dont know and if its something else then I really would want to know. If you're planning to miss this one, you're not missing on anything. 

sadffi

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Phata Poster Nikhla Hero
Critic's Rating: 
Cast: Shahid Kapoor, Ileana D'Cruz, Padmini Kolhapure
Direction: Rajkumar Santoshi
Genre: Comedy
Duration: 2 hours 25 minutes

Story: In his tryst to be a hero, Vishwas Rao ends up becoming a fake filmi cop. But fate offers him funnier choices.

Review: Star-struck (rather Salman-struck) small-towner, Vishwas (Shahid) lands in Mumbai with two sapnas. First, his own starry dreams (ruled by Rajnikanths and Khans) of being a Bollywood superstar. Second, his high-on-melodrama maa's (Padmini) long cherished dream - "mera beta police afsarbanega". But fate takes a hilarious twist when he's mistaken for a good cop (Thank Heavens, he has Chulbul Pandey for inspiration. With tighties, googles, dabanggisms, and his own sizzling 'Munni'). He falls in love with the over-zealous Kajal (Ileana), a social worker with many chaotic-causes. Soon he's caught in chor-police crossfire between the dreadfully funny gangster Gundappa Das (Saurabh Shukla) and the asli good cop (Darshan Jariwala) - both put up rip-roaring acts. In a comedy of errors and events, through heartbreak and hilarity, emotion and eccentricity, Vishwas flips between fakeherogiri and asli heroism.

Shahid is 'phaadu', really! Whether he's doing the dhating naach(outstanding); playing rowdy Romeo, a goofy goon, or maa ka laadla; he's back in form and packs in all with terrific chutzpah and comic flair. He makes the most of every 'emoticon' there is and leaves you 'ROTFL'. This one belongs to Kapoor and he revels in it.

Ileana is good at emotions, but not so tuned into comedy yet. Padmini, the melancholic maa with tons of mascara plays the part with ease, though we wish she induced more laughs over tear-jerking 'maa-kasam' dialogues. Sanjay Mishra, as Vishwas' Bollywood advisor is uproariously funny.

Santoshi shows flashes of his previous 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani', odes to his own classics ('Andaz Apna Apna', 'Ghayal') and of course the ultimate fan-boy moment when Vishwas meets his screen idol Salman (the asli hero!). The first half offers loads of cackles, chuckles, witticisms and spoofy scenes. Post-interval the comedy collapses for a bit with forced OTT drama, khaali-peeli action, and too many songs breaks, but makes a comeback with delightfully funny moments.

This one's worth it for the 'howlarity' of it all. And Shahid in his element. 'Vishwas' nahin hota? ...Go watch! (LOL! Maa Kasam, it's just the comedy hangover!)

Note: You may not like this film if you don't have a taste for silly humour & mindless gags!

sadffi

Go to top