Celebrity Fan Clubs

Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 131)

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 6:56am | IP Logged

Movie Review: Phata Poster Nikla Hero

Cast: Shahid KapoorIleana D'Cruz, Saurab Shukla, Padmini Kolhapure, Director: Rajkumar Santoshi Rating:**

Friday, September 20, 2013   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / Bollywood  |  Comments 8 Comments  |  1418 Views

When the promo of Phata Poster Nikla Hero was released I had made up my mind as to how the film is going to be and greatly whatever I had imagined came true on the big screen. PPNK stars Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruzin lead roles and is directed byRajkumar Santoshi. It is quite impossible to believe that the director who gave us the laugh riot calledAndaz Apna Apna once upon a time has presented its audience with Phata Poster... (Pun Intended). 

Shahid Kapoor is Vishwas Rao who wants to be a 'Hero' but his mom played by Padmini Kolhapure wants her son to be an honest police officer, as honest as honest can get. She is an auto-rikshaw driver in the film and is so honest that she herself pays money to a cop for breaking a traffic signal the previous day. Oh! Really?

So, the mother wants the son to be a police officer and the son wants to be a hero and from there begins the 'supposed' comedy of errors. If you're expecting that this would be a zany comedy which will tickle your funny bone left right and centre, you're highly mistaken because this seemed like the longest 146 minutes of my life. 
Ileana D'Cruz who was wonderful in Barfi seemed like she has lost the plot here. She plays the role of this social activist called Kaajal and her sole motive in life is to get complaints registered with the police about every goon around. The police department calls her 'complaint Kaajal' and after this oh my god so funny line, we all roll on the floor laughing. She has a taped smile on her face in many scenes and sometimes her eyes pop out for no reason at all. Seems like something is up with both the female stars of Barfi. FirstPriyanka Chopra's Zanjeer and now this. Did that film take everything out of these actors? I hope not. 
Ileana looks stunning in the entire film . She looks so pretty that she can give any damsel a run for her money. But thats it then. 

Kaajal mistakens Vishwas for a real cop and Vishwas who is Chulbul Pandey-cum- Bajirao Singham-cum Bahatar Singh in one boxes the goons left right and centre. (Action sequence, CHECK.) He is made to pretend like a cop because his mother comes to visit him. Gradually Kaajal and Vishwas fall in love and begins a not so romantic love story. ( Romancing the heroine in a song, CHECK). In the second half the good that has been instilled in Vishwas by his mother speaks out loud. Mother gets to know about the pretence cop and the goodboy Vishwas wakes up and wants to amend whatever he has done to hurt his mother. ( Mother-son emotion, CHECK). Alot of random things happen and after that when you finally crawl till the climax of the film you find yourself in 2009 when Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahaani was released. The climax is so similar to Santoshi's previous film that you know, 'by the power vested in you' that what the end will be. The chaotic climax spoils the already spoiled film and there is nothing in this dish to savour. 

Watching this over the top, loud Shahid broke my heart many times as I was wondering if he was the same person who did films like Ishq Vishk, Vivaah and Kaminey. The best thing about this film and Shahid is the way he dances in all the songs. He dances like a dream and there is no denying that. Whenever a song comes and Shahid breaks into a dance, you want to watch it. He floats like water and is effortless when he's dancing. 

In PPNH every character is trying too hard to grab attention and thats where the humour dies. Forced comedy is never a good thing. Another moment of smile which comes while watching this flick is when Salman Khan enters. He has the power to make you smile even when he is in the film for exact 2 minutes. Well, he'sSalman Khan then. 
All in all the plot of the film is messy and too much is happening resulting in nothing. If this film is meant to be funny, then its not. If this one is action, then ummm.. I dont know and if its something else then I really would want to know. If you're planning to miss this one, you're not missing on anything. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Phata Poster Nikhla Hero
Critic's Rating: 
Cast: Shahid Kapoor, Ileana D'Cruz, Padmini Kolhapure
Direction: Rajkumar Santoshi
Genre: Comedy
Duration: 2 hours 25 minutes

Story: In his tryst to be a hero, Vishwas Rao ends up becoming a fake filmi cop. But fate offers him funnier choices.

Review: Star-struck (rather Salman-struck) small-towner, Vishwas (Shahid) lands in Mumbai with two sapnas. First, his own starry dreams (ruled by Rajnikanths and Khans) of being a Bollywood superstar. Second, his high-on-melodrama maa's (Padmini) long cherished dream - "mera beta police afsarbanega". But fate takes a hilarious twist when he's mistaken for a good cop (Thank Heavens, he has Chulbul Pandey for inspiration. With tighties, googles, dabanggisms, and his own sizzling 'Munni'). He falls in love with the over-zealous Kajal (Ileana), a social worker with many chaotic-causes. Soon he's caught in chor-police crossfire between the dreadfully funny gangster Gundappa Das (Saurabh Shukla) and the asli good cop (Darshan Jariwala) - both put up rip-roaring acts. In a comedy of errors and events, through heartbreak and hilarity, emotion and eccentricity, Vishwas flips between fakeherogiri and asli heroism.

Shahid is 'phaadu', really! Whether he's doing the dhating naach(outstanding); playing rowdy Romeo, a goofy goon, or maa ka laadla; he's back in form and packs in all with terrific chutzpah and comic flair. He makes the most of every 'emoticon' there is and leaves you 'ROTFL'. This one belongs to Kapoor and he revels in it.

Ileana is good at emotions, but not so tuned into comedy yet. Padmini, the melancholic maa with tons of mascara plays the part with ease, though we wish she induced more laughs over tear-jerking 'maa-kasam' dialogues. Sanjay Mishra, as Vishwas' Bollywood advisor is uproariously funny.

Santoshi shows flashes of his previous 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani', odes to his own classics ('Andaz Apna Apna', 'Ghayal') and of course the ultimate fan-boy moment when Vishwas meets his screen idol Salman (the asli hero!). The first half offers loads of cackles, chuckles, witticisms and spoofy scenes. Post-interval the comedy collapses for a bit with forced OTT drama, khaali-peeli action, and too many songs breaks, but makes a comeback with delightfully funny moments.

This one's worth it for the 'howlarity' of it all. And Shahid in his element. 'Vishwas' nahin hota? ...Go watch! (LOL! Maa Kasam, it's just the comedy hangover!)

Note: You may not like this film if you don't have a taste for silly humour & mindless gags!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Saqib Saleem on sister Huma's link up with Shahid Kapoor
Saqib Saleem on sister Huma's link up with Shahid Kapoor

Saqib Saleem , son of famous restaurateurSaleem Qureshi and Huma Qureshi's brother,made an entry into the industry as a model. The actor has been able to make a mark in the industry with his talent and hard work.

Saqib also looks up to his sister Huma and prefers to discuss work related queries with her. He's a protective brother and extremely close to Huma.

Recently, there were rumours linking Huma with Shahid Kapoor, to which Saquib replied, "There is nothing of that sort between them.

Ask him how do they react to such rumours and he says, "You know what, we just laugh about such reports, because we know that we are actors and are bound to be written about and its' funny. Sorry if I may sound rude, but it's all fabricated by the media. People end up seeing actors hanging around with somebody and they link them together. I don't know how to react to such things, but me and Huma just laugh about it."

Well, for the time being, we would like to believe Saqib since he is the closest person to Huma.

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor need to thank Sonu Sood
Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor need to thank Sonu Sood

Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor were meant to clash on November 29, with Bullet Raja andRambo Rajkumar releasing on the same day.

There is no love lost between the two and they would have been happy to compete if the need arose. But as luck would have it, the collision has been avoided. One hears from the production team of Shahid's film (now awaiting a fresh title), that director Prabhudheva needs to shoot some live action with Sonu Sood.

Sonu, who had fractured his foot in February, couldn't shoot the sequences earlier as his foot was in a cast. So, Shahid's film may go to December instead of November, because the action sequence with Sonu is integral to the plot.

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 7:02am | IP Logged
What I liked about Shahid was his patience: Ramesh Taurani
What I liked about Shahid was his patience: Ramesh Taurani

Producer of Phata Poster Nikhla Hero Ramesh Taurani tells us what he saw in Shahid Kapoor, when he walked into his office for the first time at the age of 19. Excerpts:

What made you launch Shahid Kapoor in Ishq Vishk?
I saw a video of the song Aakhon Mein Tera Hi Chehra, in which he was the model and I asked my office to call him to meet me. He was just 19 when he walked into my office first. I liked him and told him that he could make it big, but he would need to wait for the correct break as at that time, he was skinny and looked too young. He left and called me a few months later asking me for advice whether I felt he should take up the offer he had of doing N Chandra's two-hero film Style. I told him that it would have to be his decision as it was his life, N Chandra being a big director. I also told him that I had him in mind even though at that time, I had neither a story nor a director. He thought about it and called me after one week saying, 'Sir, it is a two-hero film and I don't want to do it, so I have said no.'
Ken Ghosh used to make videos for our music label Tips at that time and he came to present some film ideas to me. It was supposed to be a 15-minute meeting that he stretched to 45 minutes. I did not like any of the ideas he presented. But just when I decided to leave, he narratedIshq Vishk to me. I loved it and told him about Shahid. When Shahid came to meet Ken, he was so skinny that Ken was shocked seeing him. Shahid was sure that he would get trained by the time the film would start. And to our surprise, three months later we had a Shahid with his muscles built, walking into my office looking like a star ready to shoot the film. Ken was thrilled to see him. The film did well and Shahid became a star. Aziz Mirza saw the film and said, 'Yeh director college gaya hai.' He also liked Shahid and cast him later in Kismat Konnection. What I liked about Shahid was his patience. He was clear that he wanted to be launched correctly. That was his ambition. Every actor makes some wrong choices in his career, but basically Shahid is a good actor and is focused and has excelled himself in Phata Poster Nihkla Hero.

Let's talk about the director Rajkumar Santoshi?
I see today that young actors feel older directors are old school. No doubt that we have very good young directors and there are certain old directors, who have genuinely become old school, but there are directors like Abbas-Mustan, David Dhawan and Rajkumar Santoshi, who know today's cinema and cannot be termed old school. Look at Steven Spielberg. Every top star would want to work with him. He is not old school. In this film, you will see a new Shahid. And, that credit goes to Rajkumar Santoshi. He is himself a good actor and will enact the scene and show it to his actors and can, therefore, explain what he wants easily to them. Salman had worked with Rajji inAndaz Apna Apna and had told Katrina at the time of Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, 'Just follow Rajji and if you get even 10% of how he acts, your life is made.' And we all saw how good Katrina was in the film. That is why Rajji is regarded as an actor's director.

Phata Poster Nikhla Hero releases today.

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 7:15am | IP Logged
'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' is Shahid's biggest opener?
'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' is Shahid's biggest opener?

Rajkumar Santoshi's 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' has had a decent start at the Box Office. StarringShahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz in lead roles, PPNH seems to have done better at single screens.

While the only other competition this week forShahid's film is the Irrfan Khan starrer 'The Lunchbox', the latter seems to be doing well at urban 'A' multiplexes.

According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, PPNH has managed to rake in almost 6 crore on Friday. He wrote on micro blogging site Twitter, "#PPNH revised figure Fri Rs 5.75 cr to Rs 6 cr".

Further adding, "#PhataPosterNikhlaHero is Shahid's biggest start when one compares it with #TeriMeriKahaani [AED 400,000] and #Mausam [AED 350,000] in UAE".

"#PhataPosterNikhlaHero embarks on a robust start in UAE-GCC. Collects AED 425,000 [72.15 lacs] on Thu".

Will the film pick up from here remains to be seen!

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Ranbir is detached, Shahid is not : Ileana D'Cruz
Actress Ileana is in a fix, she just can't choose between Ranbir Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor, her co-stars of Barfi and Phata Poster Nikhla Hero

"I can't pick one. The film I did with Ranbirwasn't full of masti as this one with Shahid," says Ileana, further adding that working relationship with both was different as they have different temperaments.

"Ranbir is detached in a way which is probably good for him. He will never open himself to me or to anybody he doesn't know too well. Probably there is more trust and he is more comfortable with his family. I don't know Ranbir although I worked with him for over a year. I know little bit of hm. He keeps his personal and professional life very, very separate. It is probably a good way to stay sane. I have never seen him show immense anger, immense sadness or immense happiness. He is always seen as neutral, calm person. It is great, it is admirable. Both Ranbir and I have respect for each other," she says.

Shahid, according to Ileana, is fun. "Shahid is nuts, he is comical. It was fun working with both of them," she said, further adding, "Shahid is moody and so am I. He doesn't hide his feelings. He is not as detached as Ranbir is. But they are both very focused in their work."

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 22 September 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Shahid Kapoor's fans meet their idol
Shahid Kapoor's fans meet their idol

Shahid Kapoor is an hour late but his fans, 19-year old Jai Hind college student Parakram Rana and 17-year old National College student Ishita Bhojwani were expecting it. "He's been visiting colleges promoting his latest film," says Bhojwani. "That must be tiring." However, Shahid walks out of the lift with his trademark smile and no trace of fatigue. He instantly recognises Bhojwani. She is the founder of the largest Shahid Kapoor fan club on Twitter " it boasts 7,000 fans since it began in April 2012. "You're here!" he exclaims. Bhojwani blushes. 

"We have tonnes of questions for you," says Rana as the duo huddles around Shahid for pictures. "Stop posing and start asking then," he laughs. Rana wants to know about his upcoming film Hamlet directed by Vishal Bharadwaj. "It's an unapologetic, dark and real film set inKashmir," Shahid replies. "I'm very excited about it." Bhojwani's heard that he's going bald for the film. "Please don't!" she says. "But it's good to try different things, no? Like Brad Pitt did in Fight Club. You need to challenge yourself as an actor. I'll look good," he assures her. 

They ask him about his time as a dancer with Shiamak Davar. "I always miss Shiamak. I had fun in my life when I was part of his troupe. I was in college, making good money, I had really good friends. I loved it," he replies. "And then you decided to become an actor?" asks Rana. "You know, at that time I never thought I'd get the chance to be one. Sure, my father's an actor (Pankaj Kapoor), but I didn't want to ask him to call anybody for me. Nowadays, so many newcomers are launched. There were 26 of them last year. When I was doing Ishq Vishq in 2003, you'd see a newcomer once in five years, so we were very scared," he replies. "And even then, Ken Ghosh had initially rejected me and asked me to build a body," he says. Rana asks Shahid about his toughest role so far. The actor admits it's the one he played in Vishal Bharadwaj's Kaminey

"Although it was a double role, you remember the hero for the speech defect," he says. "I visited speech therapists and tried to understand why someone stammers. Lisping is a physical problem, but stammering could be psychosomatic. A childhood trauma, lack of confidence...you have to research, else people will kick you're a**!" he says. 

"Do you think you've grown as an actor?" asks Bhojwani. "Yeah, but I don't think I can be like my father," says Shahid. "There can be only one Pankaj Kapoor. I'd say I've found my own identity, but there's a lot more I can do." 

It's time for some rapid-fire questions. Rana fires away. Favourite actress? "You've got to give me options," Shahid jests. "Actually, I'll go for the Audience poll. Whoever the audience chooses, I'll second that," he laughs. Favourite dancer? "Hrithik. And I love, love, love, love, love Govinda," he says. Directors you want to work with? "Vikramaditya Motwane, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Abhishek Choubey." How was it working with Sonakshi on Rambo Rajkumar? "She's a fantasticdancer," he replies. "I'd forgotten my steps, but she remembered it all." "And finally, Ileana?" asks Rana. "I connect her with waist movement," replies Shahid. "I searched her on Google and saw all the item songs she'd done in the South. There were many close-ups of her waist, and that's what I remember her for!" he laughs. 

"Are you going to tear your shirt in Phata Poster Nikla Hero?" asks Bhojwani. "I'm tearing the poster, not my shirt!" says Shahid. "I'm playing a Salman fan in the film, and he has a special appearance in the film, where I go 'Yay'! You know, like how you do," he says, teasing Bhojwani. 

"Are you happy to be single?" Bhojwani asks. "Yes, I am," replies Shahid, who in turn poses this question to Rana. "Not really," the teenager answers. "Aren't your parents asking you to get married?" Shahid teases Bhojwani, who blushes a deep red. "We're the singles club," he declares, and his fans nod in agreement. 

Go to top