Shahid The Hottie FC (Page 130)

-Swetha- IF-Addictz
-Swetha-
-Swetha-

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KS_Shreya

Phata Poster Nikla Hero - An action comedy of errors
Phata Poster Nikla Hero - An action comedy of errors

An aspiring actor turns into a fake cop, triggering a series of humourous twists and turns in Phata Poster Nikhla Hero. Parag Maniar explores...

Shahid Kapoor on Vishwas Rao

Vishwas Rao actually wants to be an actor, but circumstances compel him to become a fake cop. And unlike other cops are who are used to violence, Rao has a tough time coming to terms with it. Since he's aspiring to become an actor, he can't afford any injury, especially on the face, lest his acting career comes to an end before it even takes off. The humour makes the sequence funny. Even the action has several funny moments in them, without any blood and gore, the kind that we see in Jackie Chan films.

Ileana D'Cruz on Kaajal

Kajal is a social worker who takes her job very seriously. She ends up at police stations very often to lodge complaints. The officers are quite fed up of her and nickname her 'Complaint Kaajal'. The people who she complains about are politicians and those with clout, and the police officers do not want to get into it. She drags Vishwas Rao into one of her complaints, not knowing his true identity. I have always found (director) Rajkumar Santoshi's humour to be very different. This film has his trademark style, making it worth a watch. And with the number of expressions that I have made, my face has become elastic just like a rubber band! But it was challenging playing this role considering that I am quite goofy in real life too.

Character sketch Savitri (Padmini Kolhapure)
Savitri is Vishwas' mother, an autorickshaw driver by profession. She is so honest that if she jumps a traffic signal, she will walk over to the cops and pay the fine. Savitri wants Vishwas to become a police officer and shares a strong emotional bond with him.

ACP Khare (Darshan Jariwala)
He is an entertaining and honest cop. Darshan says he has added elements of humour to his character. "Santoshi and I have had a long-standing relationship. While writing the script, they could not think of anybody but me in this role. I am happy to be part of the team once again," he says.

Gundappa Das (Saurabh Shukla)
Gundappa Das is a gangster, albeit a funny one. Though he is evil, his demeanour appears funny. He is quite like the villain in Austin Powers.

Jogi (Sanjay Mishra)
He is a struggling writer who talks big, but delivers little. He often boasts about how the storyline of successful films like 'Ghajini' and 'Dabangg' were with him, but he let go off them. Jogi stays in a guest house where he entertains strugglers and promises to give them a chance in Bollywood. He even takes up the challenge of grooming Vishwas and making him a hero.

Dhating Naach with Nargis
Music composer Pritam roped in Amitabh Bhattacharya to pen the lyrics for 'Dhating Naach', a total Mumbaiya track sung by Nakash Aziz and Neha Kakkad. The video features Shahid and Nargis Fakhri " this is her first Bollywood item number " on an extravagant set. The actors rehearsed their steps for over a week and the shoot was completed in three days. Says Nargis, "I love to dance and when this opportunity came my way, I jumped at it. Also, Shahid is one of the best dancers in the industry, so how could I not do it?"

Producer's note - Ramesh Taurani
After 'The Legend Of Bhagat Singh' and 'Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani', this is my third film with Raj ji. It is a complete masala-entertainer, an old school comedy that has all the ingredients of an out-and-out commercial venture meant for a family audience. The content of the film is not offensive and there is no vulgarity either. After watching it, the audience will leave the theatre with a smile. As for the lead cast, we were the first to launch Shahid Kapoor and so we have a longstanding equation with him. He is a thorough professional, extremely hardworking and disciplined and I am sure the audience will love him. Ileana D'cruz does something different from what she did in her first film. She has had fun working and that reflects onscreen.

Director's cut - Rajkumar Santoshi
I wanted actors who are admired not just by the youth, but are also popular with family audiences. So, I decided on Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz, more so because they have not been exploited in the comedy space. As a director, I ensured that the performances are in sync with the script and tone of the film. The entire team has delivered and done a great job on the film, which is a wholesome entertainer. Also, it has always been a pleasure teaming up with Ramesh ji as he gets involved in the project and at the same time gives his directors creative space.

Behind the scenes
Believe it or not, Rajkumar Santoshi actually wondered if Shahid was the right choice to play the lead in the film and if he would be able to carry off the comic role. To make matters worse, a nervous Shahid was given a three-page dialogue scene that the director told him to complete in a single take, after enacting it himself.

The 'Agal Bagal' track was shot at a construction site. On the day of filming, the temperature was 45 degrees and to add to his woes, Shahid had to wear a heavy costume donned by construction workers. Says he, "By the end of it, I had two kilos as a result of sweating it out in that heat. u Shahid was to ride a horse for a scene. But his busy schedule didn't leave him much time to learn horse-riding. A day before the scene was to be shot, Santoshi taught the actor horse riding.

Santoshi's prank took Shahid by surprise one day. The director had consumed a cola fizz made from a tablet given by the actor's spot boy and pretended to fall seriously ill. Santoshi complained of a severe headache and made queries as to who had given him that fizz pill. Shahid's spot boy did the disappearing act, leaving Shahid worried. It was only when Shahid became nervous that Santoshi burst out laughing. Shahid, of course, was too shell-shocked to react as this was not expected from the director who usually maintains a serious demeanor on the sets.

Since Shahid plays a small-time guy, utmost care was taken while shooting songs in South Africa, to ensure it didn't look very lavish. The unit saw to it that nothing local ended up making an appearance on the screen for the sake of authenticity.

Shahid's most difficult co-star was a dog! Whenever there was a scene involving it, the entire unit, including Shahid, would wait till the animal was ready for it.

Since the action director, Kanal Kannan, is a Tamilian, Shahid grasped quite a few words of the language by the end of the shoot. In the beginning, he'd be clueless seeing Santoshi and Kannan discuss the scene in Tamil. "Koi mujhe bhi kuch bataao," he'd often ask the director.

In one scene, actor Sanjay Mishra would keep forgetting the name Manglu and say Mangal or Sheenu.

Shahid calls Ileana a 'housewife'

Ileana prefers to spend time cooking, cleaning and grocery-shopping when she is not shooting. So much so, that her co-star Shahid has started calling her a housewife.

Says the actress, "Whenever Shahid would ask me what I would do after going home, I would reply " 'I have to go and buy bhaji and cook'. So, he gave me this nickname."

Ileana adds that it serves two purposes. "I live on my own, so I have to be careful. These days, you can't trust anybody. Even employing domestic help is risky. Also, it is good to take care of your home. I love cooking and cleaning; it is therapeutic and a nice way to stay grounded. People don't recognise me, so I can shop like any girl," says she.

What does she cook? "My favourite is a recipe I found online, but I have improvised it " it's called Peri Peri Roast Chicken. I also make fish cakes and other Continental stuff. I will probably start cooking Indian dishes too," she says.

" Seema Sinha

^ Tfs Shreya! Big smile

MrsChandlerBing IF-Rockerz
MrsChandlerBing
MrsChandlerBing

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 5:37am | IP Logged
1 daY to go Dancing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:41am | IP Logged
My time is not right: Shahid Kapoor
My time is not right: Shahid Kapoor

Actor Shahid Kapoor, who will be seen next in 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' releasing this week, has not been able to impress the box-office in the recent past but is hopeful of better days ahead.

Post 'Badmassh Company' in 2010, the 32-year-old's films have not done well at the box officeand he thinks his time is not right.

"I feel when the time is right almost every decision you make seems right. And my time is not right and all my decisions don't seem to go right. Because the time when you sign a film and till the time the film gets made it is a long journey. Once I have taken a decision I have always stood by it... regardless of the final outcome," Shahid told .

"I think I should not change myself according to my films irrespective of how they fare. I must stay true to myself. I am a creative personand my job is to act."

The actor does feel he has done less number of films and now his focus is to do more good and quality work.

"I think I have done less work and this is something I needed to focus on. And I am working on building equations with people. I want to work with directors whom I can completely submit myself to. I think that is very important. Rajkumar Santoshi, Prabhu Deva, Vishal Bharadwaj are the kind of filmmakers I can trust blindly and follow," he said.

"As an actor you have to make an effort to build equation with the people you work with. It is not a forced effort. But you need to take certain steps to make the team invest in you and you invest in them."

After the phenomenal success of 'Jab We Met' in 2007, Shahid had said he will be ultra choosy about his work.

"Sometimes being ultra choosy works in your favour sometimes it doesn't. After 'Vivah' I sat at home for six months and then did 'Jab We Met' and this film worked so I was choosy about works. After that my next two films did not do well so I was like this (being choosy) doesn't work," he said.

"I don't think you can really have a plan. I don't think there is any set plan that an actor can have. The more time you spend here (in Bollywood), the more you realise you should not take yourself seriously.

"An actor needs to be like clay, he needs to allow other people to mould him as this adds variety," the actor added. Speaking about his film 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, Shahid said the action comedy, which releases this Friday, will present him in a new avatar.

"It is out an out a masala entertaining character, which I haven't played earlier. I haven't said massy one liners, tapori songs etc...this zone is different for me. The most challenging part was to adapt to this genre," the actor said. 

Shahid was all praise for Santoshi, who according to him, is also a good actor and he just followed his instructions. 

In the film, Shahid will be seen as an ardent fan of Salman Khan. Shahid said in real life too, he is a fan of the 'Dabangg' star and hence there was no difficulty in playing this part. 

"Our generation is a huge fan of all three Khans...we all have seen their films. I have seen a lot of hysterical fans and this time it was exciting that I got chance to play a fan. I have played a hyper and desperate fan." 

Ekta Kapoor-produced film 'Milan Talkies' has been in the news for a while now, mainly because of speculation regarding its lead actor. Earlier, the film was supposed to have Imran Khan in the lead, but a few days back Shahid's name started doing the round. 

Shahid, who has completed a decade in Bollywood, set the record straight, saying the film has been offered to him but he hasn't signed it yet. 

The 'Ishq Vishk' actor thinks film promotions are important in today's era as the market is growing, so actors have to go all out and promote their work. 

"If anybody of my generation thinks they have reached out to the entire country they are stupid. There is a large audience who still doesn't know much about us. The generation ahead of us, like Khans and others, are working for 25 years and so everybody is aware of their work. For our generation it is extremely important to promote a film," he added.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Regina.Phalangesadffi-HJ-

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:42am | IP Logged
It's high time people over utilised me: Shahid Kapoor
It's high time people over utilised me: Shahid Kapoor

Although actor Shahid Kapoor says that it was probably the shortest trip that he had ever made, he enjoyed his visit to Lucknow on Sunday, thoroughly. 

"I was in the city just for a couple of hours but it was great fun. The air of the city is also nawabi! While the aircraft was hovering over the city, I could see these lovely sprawling bungalows which seemed ideal for a farmhouse. I wish I could have one like that," said the actor who was in Lucknow to promote his film 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero'.

Telling us about his film Shahid said, "This is my first tryst with a full fledged comedy. I enjoyed myself completely while the film was being made. There was so much fun we all had on the sets. Rest is up to the audience. But I can assure them, it'll be a laugh riot for them."

Mention the yellow shirt and green jeans that he's worn in one of the songs of the film and Shahid laughs out loud. "Yes, it is far removed from the image that people have of me. They can't imagine me wearing such clothes. But believe me, I so enjoyed wearing it and dancing in that song. Till now people thought of me as a somber, serious kind of guy. I hope this makes them think differently about me. In my previous films, my approach would be very serious and careful about my character and how I would enact it, but in PPNH I was totally bindaas, I just let go and that I think has reflected on screen and it will in all my films now."

Stressing on how he is out to change his image, Shahid said, "People were taken by surprise with my acting, look and character in Kaminey. PPNH, will also do something similar. They will be surprised to see me."

Talking of 'Kaminey', in a recent interview the film's director, Vishal Bhardwaj, with whom Shahid has also signed Haider, a film based on Shakespeare's play Hamlet, said that Shahid is one of the most underutilised actor in Bollywood. Commenting on the comment, Shahid said, "Vishal sir understands me really well. He took that huge risk while casting me for 'Kaminey'. He gave my image that make-over from that of a lover-boy's to a menacing, action hero. And if he says that I am an under utilised actor, I guess I am. It's high time people over utilised me. I am really looking forward to Haider and working with Vishal sir. I'm sure it'll be as exciting as 'Kaminey' was."

He further added, "I do want to work more. Do more films. It's a fact and I hold myself responsible for it, that I did not take my career seriously in these past few years. I had a good chance after the success of 'Vivah', 'Jab We Met' and 'Kaminey', but I let it go. But now, I intend to work like a mad man possessed!"

There's also news of Shahid signing the remake of Raj Kumar Santoshi's Andaz Apna Apna with actor Ranbir Kapoor. To that the actor said, "I did hear of it too but I haven't been approached for it officially yet. But if given the opportunity, I would grab it with both hands. Andaz Apna Apna was a cult film and I'd be elated to be a part of its remake. But that apart, no one can beat Aamir Khan and Salman Khan. After all I also want to do what every actor aspires to do, provide what the audience craves: entertainment, entertainment, entertainment!"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi-HJ-

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Bollywood's item boys check in
So what's the fuss about Bollywood's leading ladies being item girls? The leading men Bollywood are no less with all the latka jhatkas, the sexiness, bodyliscious moves and of course the male oomph. Be it the King Khan, Khiladi Kumar or the youngest hearthrob Ranbir Kapoor, they all are competing for the hottest item spot of B-Town. Here's a list of those who sizzled on the screen. 

Shahid Kapoor Phata Poster Nikhla Hero - Dhating Naach Shahid is celebrating a fresh start with an outright comedy where he not only looks energetic, but his dance moves have already caught his fans' fancy. Dhating Naach (with Nargis Fakri) looks like the new dance anthem with this chocolate boy making it big on the dance floor. 

sadffi-HJ-

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Young guns of Bollywood love their shoes 'coloured'

The B-town hunks have been lately sporting a lot of stylish yet comfortable sport shoes in pop colours.

Thursday, September 19, 2013   |  Copyright: india-forums/Bollywood  |  Comments 1 Comments  |  102 Views

When it comes to being stylish, the young brigade in B-town is always up to date. The latest trend seen is the love of the young stars for coloured shoes.

The B-town hunks have been lately sporting a lot of stylish yet comfortable sport shoes in pop colours. Even when wearing something so casual, the stars manage to carry them in a very trendy manner.

Recently, Shahid Kapoor and Imran Khanwere seen wearing blue and green sports shoes respectively.  The blue Lanvin shoes that Siddharth Malhotra wore for Arjun Kapoor's birthday bash was talked about a lot. Even Farhan Akhtar's famous yellow shoes have been replaced by the trending neon green shoe.

These boys totally know how to keep it stylish!

sadffi-HJ-

sadffi IF-Rockerz
sadffi
sadffi

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged
TFS Shreya :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-HJ-

Athene Viewbie
Athene
Athene

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged

5 reasons to watch Phata Poster Nikhla Hero

We bring you 5 reasons to watch tomorrow's release

WRITTEN BY
Filmfare
Written By Filmfare
Editorial
Posted Thu, Sep 19, 2013
RATE STORY
Rated
Rate
SHARE THIS STORY

Phata Poster Nikhla Hero
Cast: Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz
Directed by: Rajkumar Santoshi 

1. Shahid Kapoor in a comic avatar after a while
2. Ileana D'Cruz second outing after a hit debut, Barfi!
3. Rajkumar Santoshi is back after his super hit Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani
4. The music of the film is very catchy and fun
5. Nargis Fakhri's item number

http://www.filmfare.com/features/5-reasons-to-watch-phata-poster-nikhla-hero-4188.html

sadffi-HJ-

Go to top