The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi-HJ-

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged

People are more important than words on paper- Shahid Kapoor

Shahid Kapoor is geared up for his next, Phata Poster Nikla Hero. India Forums in an exclusive chat with the actor himself.

Saturday, September 14, 2013   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / Bollywood  |  Comments 4 Comments  |  1150 Views

Shahid Kapoor has completed a decade in the movie business and is all geared up for his next, Phata Poster Nikla Hero. Talking about the film he talks about trusting the director entirely and says, " This world only Rajkumar Santoshi can create".  The team of India Forums gets up close and personal with the very charming,Shahid Kapoor

Its been a decade for you in the industry and you've seen highs and lows. But recently there were more lows for you than highs...
Honestly I don't think so much. I feel that when your time is right almost every decision you make seems to go right and when your time is not right somehow all decisions don't seem to go right because from the time that you sign a film and from then when a film gets made, it is a long journey. Once you have taken a decision you have to stand by it and I will always do that for every film of mine regardless of the final outcome. But I think I have done less work that's something that I needed to focus on. I am working on building equations with people and I want to work with directors who I can completely submit myself to and I think that is very important. So I think working with Raj ji especially on Phata Poster... , even Prabhu sir with whom I am working with and Vishal sir after it. These are the filmmakers that I can blindly trust and I can blindly follow. I think that's very important as an actor. Beyond that I don't really analyse too much. I think there are so many factors, difficult to sit back and analyse. 

What have you learned and discovered in the last 10 years?
The learning is that you cannot have a relation with words on paper. When you read a script, those are just words on paper which needs to be converted into a movie. Its the team that you have to work with and spend a year of your life with. So its very important for the entire team to be on the same page and as an actor you have to make an effort to build an equation with the people you are working with. Its not a forced effort but you need to take those steps to make the team invest in you and you need to invest in the team as well. People are more important than words on paper.  

What was the biggest challenge for you while working with Raj Kumar Santoshi that you had to prepare yourself beforehand for?
This genre is new for me. I have never played this out-n-out entertaining commercial character. This zone is different for me. If you look at the colour palette of the poster of this film only, its bright, in your face, entertaining and I haven't done a film like that. So the most challenging thing for me to do was to adapt into a genre that I haven't done before. But like I said that Raj ji is such a good actor himself, he was the perfect person to have started this with because I could follow him. Mere jitne bhi screw tight the, unhone sab lose kar diye. He has opened me as an actor. He has allowed me to go out there and just have fun. When I used to ask him for the dialogues of the next day's scene, all he used to tell me was, set pe aao. All he wanted was for us to enjoy what we were doing. This film needs to be like that and comedy needs to be like that. 

A lot of people are saying that this is a new beginning for you. Are you okay with people making such remarks?
If people are saying it happily I am fine with it (Smiles). No issues.

After Jab We Met you had said that you would be choosy about your films and you signed Kaminey a year after that in which your performance was much appreciated by everyone. So has being choosy worked in your favour?
Sometimes it works in your favour and sometimes it does not. After Vivah I sat down for 6 months , then did Jab We Met and it became a super hit and I was like Arre, Waah! Being choosy works. After that I got choosy about the next 2 films I did which didn't work so I was like Oh God! this doesn't work (Laughs). I don't think you can really have a plan. I don't think there is any set plan any actor can have and some of the most nicest things that you hear are from the most experienced people in the industry. The more time that you spend here, the more you understand that you should not take yourself too seriously. An actor needs to be like clay, he needs to allow other people to mould him instead of him trying to mould himself. Its important not to plan too much but its very important to work with people whom you can trust because eventually when you're being moulded you need to give people the freedom to mould you. 

Somewhere between the words on the paper till the film is made, if you get a feeling that this is not what you had felt about a particular project, does it get a taxing to finish that project?
Earlier I used to think about it and of course you have an instinct about things if they are not going the way you thought they would or the feeling that you're doing great work. But I think an actor should avoid that. If you feel that you're doing great work it can make you feel complacent, if you feel that you're doing bad work and think that if tomorrow is going to be a better day, then you might just make it bad. I think an actor should only go out there and enjoy himself, do work everyday and not worry about the result. 

You said that one should trust and submit to their director. Were there times when you didn't submit to your director?
Yes, there have been times in the past when I didn't open myself up completely to the director. But I wont tell you the the name of the film and the director till my dying day (Laughs).

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi-HJ-X.shmm

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 14 September 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged

'Phata Poster...' Shahid's biggest film: Ramesh Taurani

Producer Ramesh Taurani is confident that his film "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" starring his protege Shahid Kapoor, whom he launched with "Ishq Vishq" in 2003, will be the biggest film of the actor's life.

Saturday, September 14, 2013   |  Copyright: IANS  |  Comments 1 Comments  |  264 Views

ramesh taurani

Producer Ramesh Taurani is confident that his film "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" starring his protegeShahid Kapoor, whom he launched with "Ishq Vishq" in 2003, will be the biggest film of the actor's life.

Shahid's last two releases "Mausam" and "Teri Meri Kahaani" turned out to be box-office duds.

"I launched Shahid with 'Ishq Vishq' and I have full faith in him and his talent. If an actor is accepted by the audience and after that if his three-four films doesn't work at the box-office, then it doesn't make a much difference," Taurani said here in an interview Friday.

"If the actor has performed in a good film then he is definitely loved by the audience. I can say it will the biggest film of Shahid's life," he added.

Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, "Phata Poster Nikla Hero" is slated to release Sep 20 and also features Ileana D'Cruz and Padmini Kolhapure in pivotal roles.

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/hot-n-happening/37017-phata-poster-shahid-biggest-film-ramesh-taurani.htm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi-HJ-X.shmm

vampire123 IF-Dazzler
vampire123
vampire123

Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
I VOTE TO
Entry # 4  
Entry # 8  
Entry # 3 

sadffi-HJ-

sadffi IF-Rockerz
sadffi
sadffi

Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
It's a  tough competition..Wink
Thank u for voting everyoneEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-HJ-

sadffi IF-Rockerz
sadffi
sadffi

Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Muffin---

Can we use them ???

Yup Embarrassed

Regina.Phalange-HJ-

Regina.Phalange Goldie
Regina.Phalange
Regina.Phalange

Posted: 15 September 2013 at 9:43am | IP Logged
today's "BREAKFAST TO DINNER WITH SHAHID KAPOOR "was damn cool.loved it shahid in his sexy jaquarDay Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

Go to top