Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Mausam Nets Rs. 29 Crore In Week 1 At Box-Office

October 1st, 2011 by Komal Nahta

Mausam suffered on account of its unduly slow pace and its undue length. After a weekend all-India total net collection of around Rs. 20.5 to 21 crore, collections nosedived so that the first week ended at barely Rs. 28 to 29 crore. With a number of new releases this week and several more scheduled for next week, the debut directorial venture of Pankaj Kapur can't hope to salvage itself. It is bound to entail losses to the parties concerned.

Speedy Singhs did not score at the ticket windows in the first week – neither the original English version nor its dubbed Hindi version. Except for some areas of East Punjab and Delhi, where its title helped get some patronage for the film, it could do precious little at the box-office.

Johnny English Reborn (dubbed) fared poorly at the turnstiles in its first week. Johnny English Reborn(English) also fared poorly in the first week.

Rivaaz fared as miserably in 2nd week as on its first day.  Jaana Pehchana has tanked at the solo cinema it opened two weeks back – Liberty, Bombay.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan is reaping the benefit of weak releases. In its third week, it managed to add Rs. 4 crore to its all-India kitty thereby taking its 3-week total to Rs. 58-59 crore!

Bodyguard is now on its way out after an extraordinary quick inning. It will touch the Rs. 150 crore mark in India.

jaanlover thumbnail
Thanks for the beautiful creations dear!!
jaanlover thumbnail

jaanlover thumbnail

Single and eligible - Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor says he loves attention and adulation from his female fans.

"I feel very happy and glad about it. I like it (female attention), it's nice," Shahid told IANS.

The 30-year-old, who was earlier dating Kareena Kapoor and was rumoured to be in a relationship with Priyanka Chopra, admits he wasn't always comfortable with compliments from the fairer sex.

"Initially I used to not know how to deal with it. I used to get flustered and didn't know how to react to it. But now, I like it. It feels good.

"I have learnt to accept the fact that this is what I wanted and it is good to know that people like you and they love you. It is wonderful to feel so. So yes, I like it, I love it," said Shahid, flashing his dimpled smile.

The dashing actor, whose work in his father Pankaj Kapoor's directorial debut "Mausam" won him many praises, loved working in the romantic saga.

But asked about romance in his life, he replied: "I have no idea about my love story. I think love is the most unpredictable thing and it happens when you least expect it, and the way it turns out to be, you never thought it would.

"That's the beauty of romance' you never know how it's going to be, you can't predict it. But when it happens, I guess I'll know! Till then, even I am guessing how my love story would be," he said.

Shahid's next project is Kunal Kohli's "Teri Meri Kahaani", co-starring Priyanka, with whom he shared a crackling chemistry in Vishal Bharadwaj's "Kaminey".

jaanlover thumbnail

Shahid will pay tribute to Shammi Kapoor in Kunal Kohli film

Shahid Kapoor, who's counted amongst one of the best dancers in Bollywood today, is set to pay tribute to yesteryear star Shammi Kapoor [ Images ] in Kunal Kohli's new film.

Says a source, "It's all very hush-hush at the moment. But a part of Kunal's film is set in the 1960s. And a lot of music from the decade and era was being used in the film anyway. When Shammi Kapoor Saab passed away, Kunal and Shahid decided to devote an entire segment to his popular songs."

Shahid would be dancing to a medley of Shammi Kapoor's evergreen songs. This isn't the first time that Shahid is paying homage to an icon. Earlier he performed to several  Michael Jackson [ Images ] songs as a tribute for an awards night and is supposed to perform a live Michael Jackson gig at Times Square in New York soon.

Apparently, the dancing-star's iconic steps were so wildly improvised and unpredictable that Shahid will have to "unrehearse" his steps, to just go with the flow. When asked about it, Shahid admitted that something Shammi-esque was cooking in the Kunal Kohli kitchen.

He said, "Yes, we're doing something. But you'll have to wait and watch."

Interestingly Shahid didn't have much dancing to do in his just-released film Mausam. It's probably just what they say about making up for lost time.
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
awsome creations guys. keep them coming and also thnx for the pics and articles about shahid
jaanlover thumbnail

You are most welcome Vedika!!

The creations are lovely...so me too...very excited to see more :)

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Music n' Masti - Bollywood's Top 10

Friday, October 07, 2011 | 6:51:56 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    20 Comments
Music n' Masti - Bollywood's Top 10

This week the charts welcome what could possibly be the best album of the year. A R Rahman once again shines with the music of Rockstar (starring Ranbir Kapoor),...

This week the charts welcome what could possibly be the best album of the year. A R Rahman once again shines with the music of Rockstar (starring Ranbir Kapoor), as he offers tracks such as the rocking "Saadda Haq" and the qawwali number, "Kun Faaya Kun".

Bodyguard's hauntingly romantic offering "Teri Meri" is still a firm favourite with listeners but faces competition from the last weeks upbeat entry "Chammak Challo", all the while, Mausam's "Rabba Main Toh" still manages to hold onto the number one position.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan is still going strong despite six weeks in the charts whilst other albums include Force and Love Break Ups Zindagi try to keep their positions in the chart.

10.  Khwabon Khwabon
Film: Force
Singer(s): KK & Suchitra Kumar
Music: Harris Jayaraj

9.  Chhayee Hai Tanhayee

Singer(s): Shafqat Amanat Ali, Salim Merchant, Shruti Pathak
Music: Salim Sulaiman

8. Kun Faaya Kun

Film: Rockstar
Singer(s): A R Rahman, Javed Ali, Mohit Chauhan
Music:  A R Rahman

7. Ik Tu Hi 

Film: Mausam
Singer(s): Hans Raj Hans
Music: Pritam

6. Saadda Haq

Film: Rockstar
Singer(s): Mohit Chauhan
Music: A R Rahman

5. Dhunki

Film: Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Singer(s): Neha Bhasin
Music: Sohail Sen

4.  Rab Rakha

Film: Love Break Ups Zindagi
Singer(s): Sonu Nigam, Shreya GhoshalSalim Merchant, Shardha Pandit
Music: Salim Sulaiman 

3.  Teri Meri

2. Chammak Challo 

Film: Ra.One
Singer(s): Akon, Hamika Iyer
Music: Vishal Shekhar

1.  Rabba Main Toh

Film: Mausam
Singer(s): Shahid Mallya
Music: Pritam

Be sure to let us know of your favorites, especially any we may have missed - and stay tunednext week, same day to see it in the list!

Editor: Jenifer
Graphics: Gurprit 

jaanlover thumbnail
shahidkapoor Shahid Kapoor 
What's up world ... Been busy working away ... A thousand meets .. Seems like next year is gonna b hectic !! 3 films to go on floors
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
She's gorgeous! Count me in 😛