LIES, THREATS, FEARS AND TEARS (Page 3)

CrAzYRED IF-Rockerz
CrAzYRED
CrAzYRED

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MERARAI

Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Great post Mera

Can the Pratster please be given some decent dialogues please - I'm a bit, nay, very fed up with her same old same old.......

In fact can she just be given a brain transplant instead, and while youre at it bechare Baba ko bhi ek do electric shocks dedo....

Am loving the action and watching the TNS stirred, lovely expressions from SS yesterday - he's such a great actor!Thumbs Up

The pace has picke dup I'll grant you, but the acting generally and dialogues are far from improved......Sleepy

SS as the crafty old fox went from reflecting, to rage and everything in between yday. It was his day to shine.  Am still wondering why he looked shocked when KN yelled he would kill Kesar like a man gone crazy due to the lack of access to his biwi # 2.
Isn't biwi # 2,  responsible for bringing out this side of KN, I strongly believe she is the biggest contributor, but she realized mistake's, so all should be forgiven, it will be KN fault because she realized her mistake's.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MERARAI

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anusarkar

Hello Ladies,

I see a biased negativity towards the Saxena's and Pratigya all the time. I see ppl always praising the thakur's : Well, I like their acting skills not their characters. They are evil and ruthless ppl who does not think twice to even kill their own DIL's. How can any sensible person support this kind of acts ?

Ppl criticize Prats for supporting her parents? Are we living in a primitive and fuedal world ,where once a daughter gets married she has to cut all her ties with her parents? If Krishna can blindly support his evil dad and mother so can she. A daughter is no less than a son just because she is married. A daughter has equal rights and responsibility. I remember when everyone praised Komal when she manipulated Kesar into taking back the case against her mother. How come Komal is praised and Pratigya is bashed for standing by her family ? Double standards !!!

What would any of you have done in the same position? Let one's own sister get raped by a monster?

Anu

Hi Anu,

K does not blindly support his parents IMO.......infact he's gone againt them quite often.  He's often seen wrestling with his choice.... then ultimately going with the one that would cause the least collateral damage depending on the circumstances. The last time I saw him blindly support them was during the confrontation with IG at the engagement fiasco...... even that time, some would argue that he was justified

Komal - I don't undertand her so I can't defend or critisize her. I can only say that I never was one of those praising her during that incident.  The callous way she dismissed Kesar's plight then bullied & threated her was very chilling to me. If she had told her that yes, what her mom & bro had done was horrendous but for the sake of the family cohesiveness, to please not send them to jail, maybe I would have given her the benefit of the doubt

Yes, there are some posters who indulge in knee jerk bashing of P for various reasons that I wont go into here and there are others who try to give balanced review of her actions based on whatever circumstances made her take that action........

what most people are impatient is about the fact that the character of Pratigya has not been sketched to show her trying to balance her priorities. Dont get me wrong, RED is evil. The ease with which they agree that any human thorn on their side is expendable is very chilling, but it is reality.

Pratigya is polite to them but avoids them when ever she can, but how much can she realy avoid interacting with them when she lives, cooks, cleans etc etc as any bahu is expected. I dont expect her to be warm to them, but I expect her to be smart enough to find a way to support her maike without giving the  takurs more ammunition becos of her family.

If it hurts her to hear them bad mouthing them, why hasn't she been shown trying to help in a way that does not cause them further ridicule ? You may argue that whatever she does, takurs will still taunt her but there are ways she can go about it to minimize the worst of it or turn the tables and make the takurs look like hypocrites for having a problem with her wanting to be there for her family when they themselves are constantly crowing about maintaining good family relations

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

corvetteMERARAI

Mitrashakti Goldie
Mitrashakti
Mitrashakti

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yemi3006

Hello Ladies,

I see a biased negativity towards the Saxena's and Pratigya all the time. I see ppl always praising the thakur's : Well, I like their acting skills not their characters. They are evil and ruthless ppl who does not think twice to even kill their own DIL's. How can any sensible person support this kind of acts ?

Ppl criticize Prats for supporting her parents? Are we living in a primitive and fuedal world ,where once a daughter gets married she has to cut all her ties with her parents? If Krishna can blindly support his evil dad and mother so can she. A daughter is no less than a son just because she is married. A daughter has equal rights and responsibility. I remember when everyone praised Komal when she manipulated Kesar into taking back the case against her mother. How come Komal is praised and Pratigya is bashed for standing by her family ? Double standards !!!

What would any of you have done in the same position? Let one's own sister get raped by a monster?

Anu

Hi Anu,

K does not blindly support his parents IMO.......infact he's gone againt them quite often.  He's often seen wrestling with his choice.... then ultimately going with the one that would cause the least collateral damage depending on the circumstances. The last time I saw him blindly support them was during the confrontation with IG at the engagement fiasco...... even that time, some would argue that he was justified

Komal - I don't undertand her so I can't defend or critisize her. I can only say that I never was one of those praising her during that incident.  The callous way she dismissed Kesar's plight then bullied & threated her was very chilling to me. If she had told her that yes, what her mom & bro had done was horrendous but for the sake of the family cohesiveness, to please not send them to jail, maybe I would have given her the benefit of the doubt

Yes, there are some posters who indulge in knee jerk bashing of P for various reasons that I wont go into here and there are others who try to give balanced review of her actions based on whatever circumstances made her take that action........

what most people are impatient is about the fact that the character of Pratigya has not been sketched to show her trying to balance her priorities. Dont get me wrong, RED is evil. The ease with which they agree that any human thorn on their side is expendable is very chilling, but it is reality.

Pratigya is polite to them but avoids them when ever she can, but how much can she realy avoid interacting with them when she lives, cooks, cleans etc etc as any bahu is expected. I dont expect her to be warm to them, but I expect her to be smart enough to find a way to support her maike without giving the  takurs more ammunition becos of her family.

If it hurts her to hear them bad mouthing them, why hasn't she been shown trying to help in a way that does not cause them further ridicule ? You may argue that whatever she does, takurs will still taunt her but there are ways she can go about it to minimize the worst of it or turn the tables and make the takurs look like hypocrites for having a problem with her wanting to be there for her family when they themselves are constantly crowing about maintaining good family relations

Hello Yemi,

Krishna agreed with Komal and took both Kesar and komal to the police station where kesar had to take bach the case. He completely disregarded Pratigya in that moment. Later on he did not stop Prats from washing his mother's feet. What would you call that ? Even yesterday he stood silent when SS was manipulating the cops and said nothing. he spoke once the cops left. I would call that blind support or a even better not supporting the right cause. He has a responsibility towards Prats because she and her family is in this situation because of him .I find him responsible for everything that is happening. Enough is enough. he does not have the guts to take his wife and leave the mansion. Is he absolutely lost or he does not want to believe that his parents are no better than animals ? Love is beyond saying it loud and sex. Pratigya inspite of constant humiliation has never badmouthed the evil thakurs to krishna. She is staying right there with him and taking all the taunts and humiliation. I think that is real love.

And the fact that Prats did not try to communicate with her in-laws is wrong . She had no options ,they were always there to get her from the first go. She is a clean hearted young woman who does not play games .

I am surprised by the fact that majority of the woman bashes her character continuously. I guess there is no hope when woman cannot see another woman fight for her rights.Ppl rather like to pity on weak and feeble woman Iike Kesar and gloat that they are in a better place.  Wise men are right when say the greatest enemy of a woman is not a man ,but another woman. This forum proves that.

Anu

MERARAI IF-Sizzlerz
MERARAI
MERARAI

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
I am one of those posters who sees myself as an equal opportunity commentator. I have always felt that POPS have forgotten to show their protagonist as someone who also learns and grows. The character of Pratigya always brings Swiss cheese to mind.

I have Clap Prats when I felt she deserved it. What I find is missing is that Prats is shown as a character that seems ready to be moral police to everyone around her.  She rarely plays fair judge and no sasural on this planet will stand by and watch their bahu sell them down the river every chance she gets while she stands tall and strong by her maike and conveniently gives them a pass. Why live under their roof if she has no respect for them? Why live off their wealth when she can tell them I no longer respect you? She has a major bias towards her maike and has overlooked a major crime of their contributing to the death of Angad.  We never saw her give the 5 min baashan to her beloved brother that she doesn't miss giving Krishna.  She claims to love both of them but she doesn't realize her actions directly affect him on some level, getting taunted and mocked, slowly chipping away at  his self-confidence. Is it bec' her bro is educated and pati is not?  Education at a university alone doesn't automatically mean one is smart or capable of making rational decisions.  Trust me, I know some brilliant educated fools and some uneducated grounded and humble geniuses.

I have found Krishna's reasoning at times far more logical and grounded in reality than Prats's idealistic attitude.  Krishna was right when he told her she runs to maike at the drop of a hat leaving him to face the taunts for her behavior.  Did he have to spell that out to her  at all? Where is her intuitive intelligence or is she challenged when it comes to that?

I said this when Krishna gave the trust speech to her the night she declared her love. I was one of the few majorly disappointed that Prats never said a word to acknowledge that she had hurt Krishna terribly in her treatment of him for months after the wedding.  It doesn't take away from one's self-respect to accept one's mistakes.

I'd like to see POPS show Prats learn a few lessons in life as well. She did between the coal-face painting and admission of love phase.  There is a way to tell someone they dont' measure up without demeaning them. Prats needs to learn tact, something is in short supply.   

Edited by MERARAI - 13 January 2011 at 9:59am
corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged

Hello Ladies,

Anu

Hi Anu,

Yemi - nice one! A really thoughtful, cogent explanation of what is most annoying about the Pratster.

Its not really supporting her parents that in itself is annoying, its the fact that her approach towards her inlaws is anything but conciliatory in anything she objects to and the fact that she is oblivious of the effects her own actions have on the family with whom she is living.

Not that I am going to make comparisons with real life, because I would like to think such an alliance as Kriya would never happen,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

---Yemi---MERARAI

-Sheena- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sheena-
-Sheena-

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

dammit.... i just typed up a post and lost it to network error....grrrr

let see if i can remember what i wrote LOLAngry

@ Star's question regarding Pratigya - Kesar...

setting aside the blatant & shameful dbl standard, do you think P is doing this in response to Kesar telling her to let it go, that she has accepted her fate ? Is she referring to the 1st wife in the abstract rather than in person becasue she feels that appealing to / for didi's dignity is a waste of time since she is unlikely to get a peep from Kesar?

Yeah we all feel P would have called the po-po ASAP if this was another girl that came in as a 2nd wife...... but what if Kesar basically reacted to that the same way she's doing with YKW........ would P have let it go ? 

hmmm.............  i seem to have caught Mera's wandering mind syndrom  

My theory is that P would have sided with Kesar had it been anyone but her sister.  She would have given Kesar her 100% support and would have encouraged her to make a police complaint.  Because it is her sister, her sympathy lies with Arushi and so far her only concern has been Arushi.  Her lack of better judgment seems to have dismissed Kesar's pight.  Her conversation on that day was not right when she said you are spoiling my sister's life, when in fact 2 lives are being spoilt.  Why did it take Krishna to spell that out?

Its just a conversation K and P had after the engagement fiasco which made me think that she wants K to call her papa as not "baap" behind his back but give him due respect behind his back.  So I thought when Kesar is standing right there and referring her to  as pehli biwi, it made her into a non identity.  Exactly what she is in that house, and I thought Pratigya was better than that.

I know it is a small thing but I find that disrespectful when referring to someone abstractly especially when they are present in the room.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

---Yemi---

Go to top