The Madness of Ranvijay Singh

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
Plato

The Madman:

The police officer, Ranvijay has entered a very dark place in his soul. Being repeatedly defeated by Avdesh has unhinged him, his ruthlessness and madness at the haveli is the outward manifestation of that. He is currently rampaging and is lawless despite the uniform he wears.

What is it that is driving him to such acts of infamy? He was shown as someone very confident and a flame carrier of the law and order. As we have seen it is all an act. In his long career, he must have been defeated a few times but what is it that this time around makes it so unpalatable to him?

Avdesh Singh Thakur is what is making it very hard for him to accept that he has been bested repeatedly. In his desire to have the upper hand, he had sold his own soul to the devil and yet still he is rapidly falling behind. He cannot accept that there exist a man who can challenge his authority and live to tell the tale. He is not above using innocents to get to his quarry, the sign of a weak man.

His actions show him to be a bully at heart. He comes to the haveli and has a temper tantrum like a toddler, kicking, throwing and shooting just because he is angry. Yet he had fear in his eyes when faced with Avdesh's fist!..Where was that temper? That anger?...So yeah, only with people weaker than him he can 'Lord it'. Otherwise, he falls without a whimper. And this is his problem, the demon that drives him to lash out all whether innocent or guilty – to rub out the man, and the woman, who had shamed him; shown him his very weakness and the corruption that exist within.

He is even now severing the deal made with Bhauji. In his power crazed rampage, he did not hesitate to establish his own importance by uttering venomous words or slapping those who so much as talked back. Truly, this man is either very, very confident he will soon win or he cannot see beyond his own madness.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
George Eliot

The Loser:

In a very long while, her humanity shone through as she shed tears and then took care of the people in the haveli. She once uttered that Avdesh is the guardian that keeps the haveli safe, but I think she is the original guardian before she passed on the duties to Avdesh. Every now and then, we see her guardianship traits taking over. Yet the disease in her core is still festering and spreading. She took time out to reprimand RV and finally some scales fell from her eyes at the enormity of her mistake in entering a partnership with a man as dark as her, maybe even more so. However, I also think she still has not grasp the full picture, that she had risked so much for an uncontrollable emotion that has no hope of every blossoming. She is still set on the mode that she can use Avdesh to avenge any who slight her or go against her word. I am sure she will find out very soon that Avdesh has moved ahead to a juncture that she could not follow; not yet maybe.

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.
John Vance Cheney

Lovers in darkness:

The two intrepid lovers wander into further darkness, now on the run from the Law. We all knew this was coming more or less when he took the step to get Arpita out. Yet once again their situation is very precarious, a life hanging in the balance. The toll taken on Arpita was obvious as well as her desire to be with her husband for as long as she can without giving into the encroaching unknown waiting to claim her. At long last unable to withstand it anymore, she tells him so...voice shaking, body trembling. She finally succumbs to the waiting arms of the velvety darkness, and Avdesh's control falters before shattering to pieces.

Only with her, he could be as open as child – show his happiness, shyness, fears and desires. For she was the other part of his soul, the one that completes him....Now his fears took over; never had anyone meant so much or was so precious to him. She was the very air he needed to continue and as she gave in, so did he to his own dark torment. He held her protectively in his arms, near his own beating heart, as hot salty tears flowed down his ravaged and fearful face.

Commentary:

This episode was all about the madness of RV. We finally got to see his true madness, the fire that burns within him. I doubt he will ever be at peace until Avdesh and Arpita dies. For he now sees them as one regardless of their individual crimes or lack thereof. His one driving force is now to extinguish the life from them, to extract his own form of punishment. He doesn't care who he has to hit/kill/maim to get his way – old or young, fit or infirm – nothing is too much. So I cannot help again wondering, what is it that drives him? I feel so dissatisfied missing that link that will make it all fall into place. Maybe we will get a clue when his brother enters the picture.

As much as I hate what was happening at the haveli, my thought was with Avita. Now they are on the run and the need to do something urgent to ensure that Arpita is well and healthy again is paramount, however, it again looks like a difficult time for them. Much as I enjoy Avita, I cannot help wishing things had been done differently for it looks like once again they are in a weak position, on the run and friendless and helpless!...have we not seen this before? I only hope this time they are in a stronger position as more testing time is coming down their way and they both need to be on top form.

What did you make of the episode?😊

(if you like, don't forget to press the button😊)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Morning everyone,

I hope you all like this!πŸ˜ƒ

Please do keep on talking/discussing and I will join you all later....need some sleep now!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
MonyP thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hey Dreamy 
yeeeeee me first this time
yoga23priya thumbnail

dreamy diπŸ€—

i vl read and comment later😳

danno thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
dreamyy di

again mindblowing............

_nandini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey Dreamy,

Oh tht ws quickπŸ˜ƒ Havent read it yet. Am logging off for now. Shall get back and read in sometime. U go n take some rest.😊

swamini5 thumbnail
😊 Great writing

More than the show i wait for ur feedback.
--ambar-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice and appropiate writing
Gaurishah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ Dreamy, love your titles they are just perfect just like your analysis.

Truly RV has totally lost his mind. He cant bear the fact that a criminal is two steps ahead of him everytime. Each time he is so close to getting Avi but situtation just change at the last minute and Avi manages to escape his clutches just like sand from his hands, thanks to the love and faithfulness of Arpi and his crazy 4.

Cant bear to see GKD with out the goon gang hope the CVs show Sarvana and Amjad in coma or something leaving hope for us that they will come back sometime later.

BJ has certainly met her match. RV manages to play even sicker games that BJ herself. With the 24 hr deadline he will try out all the crazy ideas that come to his head to get to Avita.

Dreamy even I feel that may be RV has more proof on BJ than we already know of which will throw light on her dirty deeds. Yesterdays epi the expressions on BJ's face actually showed she could have scratched RVs eyes out for slapping her. It was a long overdue slap.

The last part for too sad Avi was holding Arpi tight assuring her all will be right. Sarvana (dont want to say it😭) died in his arms he did not want to loose Arpi at any cost. She is his only lifeline in his dark life of crime.

Edited by Gaurishah - 13 years ago
EAREYE thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

awesome writing congurlations