India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

OS - Aham's Solution! Conclusion Page 6

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been three days since their confrontation with Umang and one since Kinjal's confession that she wasn't pregnant. Aham had returned back to the office today but couldn't stop thinking and worrying about his mom.  He had never seen her like this.  She was completely broken by the  Kinjal/Umang fiasco. Every time he thought about it he could feel his blood boil, how could Kinjal do this?  How could she go along with everything Umang suggested?  She was a smart girl then how could she allow Umang to lead her astray like this?  Why didn't she think about herself let alone her family?  Mom was right it was entirely his fault, if he hadn't gotten involved with Anita, then he wouldn't have had to reject her and Umang wouldn't have wanted revenge.  All of this was his fault and he had to be the one to fix it for his mom.  He needed to bring the fight back in her, the fire back in his mom's eyes,  and give her back her pride, self respect and trust.  Aham flashed back to when Kinjal had confessed that she wasn't pregnant at all.   

Mom -  "Kinjal, now you see how Umang has left you with a baby in your belly?  He never loved you! He was using you to get revenge on Aham.  Does it make you feel better now that you have heard it all from his own mouth?"

Kinjal crying, "yes ma!"

Mom, "Kinjal, you have nothing left, no one will marry you, and now you will become an unmarried mother.  You will give birth to a fatherless child!  Are you happy?  Are you satisfied that along with you the entire Modi family is also left with nothing?"

Kinjal still crying profusely, "but ma, I am not pregnant.  I didn't do anything."

Mom, "what?"

Kinjal, "I did nothing to disgrace this family.  I only said I did because Umang said that was the only way I would be able to break up with Elesh.  I am still pure!"

Mom, "hey bagwan.  Why did I give birth to the stupidest girl on the planet?  It would have been better if I had gotten my tubes tied after giving birth to Aham. At least then I wouldn't have to see this day.  And look now I will never have a grandchild either because no one will ever want this girl!  Hey! Krishan bagwan!  I will be the only woman in this country who will never be a nani or a dadi!" Breaks down crying.

The words "I will never be a dadi! I will never be a dadi! I will never be a dadi!" kept echoing in Aham's head. 

Finally Aham thought maybe that was the solution.  Maybe mom needs a grandchild to distract her.  No, what am I thinking?  How is that possible?  How can that be?  I have no wife, Gopi will leave the Modi Bhawan soon and he wasn't planning on marrying Anita, it was too late for that and he couldn't imagine going through another marriage debacle. 

Just then Aham's secretary Sofia interrupted and he was forced to focus on a business meeting and he didn't have time to think about the problems at home until he was driving home late that evening.   Again mom's words echoed in his head and he couldn't get the thought that perhaps a grandchild was the solution, out of his mind.  Mom loved Gopi and Gopi seemed to be very dedicated to mom.  The fact that Gopi was a fool and totally unsuitable for him, was besides the point.  At least mom would be happy.  But what about me?   A baby is a big commitment.  A baby would mean that he would be forever tied to Gopi.  A divorce or separation would be out of the question.  Another woman would be out of the question.  Could he do it?  Could he live with Gopi forever?  Gopi's face flashed in Aham's mind, her sweet smile, her looking after his mom, her quietly working around the house, Gopi in the green sari, Gopi in the red sari at the dandya competition, Gopi  bringing his tea, Gopi looking after baa, Gopi defending members of his family, Gopi protecting Kinjal against his anger.  Somehow the idea of being with Gopi forever didn't seem as bad as he had thought.  No what am I thinking?  There has to be another solution.  This can't be the only solution.

Before he realized it Aham was home.  All through dinner and post dinner he couldn't keep his eyes off Gopi.  Could he do this?  Would it work?  Was this the right solution for his mom and would he be able to live with the consequences?  

After dinner he changed into his black sherwani night suit (author has to stop to take a calming breath) and went to meet with kaka to bring him up to date on the business meeting.  On his way back to his room he ran into Gopi.  For a couple of minutes they stared at each other until Gopi remembered to pull her pallu over her head.  This action infuriated Aham.  He grabbed her hand and pulled her into their old room.  Once inside he shut the door behind them and locked it.  He turned back to Gopi and got lost in his thoughts.   Could he do it?  Was this the right answer to the problem?  Once it was done there would be no turning back, he would be tied to Gopi for the rest of his life.  At the moment looking into her beautiful innocent face it didn't seem like such a hardship.  He almost reached over to touch her when Gopi said, "Vo, aapko khuch..did you need something?"

On hearing Gopi's voice Aham was revived out of his trance like state and couldn't believe what he was thinking and was about to do.

Aham replied angrily, "How many  times have I asked you not to enter my room.  What are you doing here?  Get out of here and leave me alone!"

Gopi, "vo, this is my room!"

Aham was flabbergasted at this turn of events and looked around to see if indeed he was in Gopi's.  Yes was!  He slammed out of the room leaving a very puzzled Gopi behind.

Edited by lovtv - 15 January 2011 at 4:36pm

The following 42 member(s) liked the above post:

chinookredkrishygniki_pnmonicayDamayantiMmintrysz786arpithampesttySky-Windsp13gmjudvsunshine33tanya.dsouzawilddevil2010rasika-akaShaAashna26ruksmLoveMJmaaneet93crmssoni2004uamazbr2499evadrusha4003love_u_Sarunangelirebellisam1903rsk16hana_ysaomomswasthi-JollyJabeen-suk19Rafeal.ll-Shilpa-ll-tellyaddict-dumaschavvi16-Nafisa-MereMahiyaa.

shruthi2010 IF-Rockerz
shruthi2010
shruthi2010

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
wow kaki, hope i m first to comment. great, great , great. lovely, beautiful, put all the adjectives you need because i have run out of words
ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthi2010

wow kaki, hope i m first to comment. great, great , great. lovely, beautiful, put all the adjectives you need because i have run out of words

Thanks Shruthi.  I am glad you enjoyed it.  After watching the baby video this morning I couldn't get the idea out of my head.
choti_rani Goldie
choti_rani
choti_rani

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Haha! I loved it! Ahem all confused. Fantastic.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShellJA

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
...and she's back!!!!!  That's right people!  The authoress who has to take short breaks to catch her breath while writing about our Golden Boy IS BACK!!!!

Wahoo!  Fun story Shelly!  Will he........or won't he?  You'd better answer the question or I'll start throwing snowballs!

Love it!

rusha4003

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Thanks Tammie, There may be another part to this story...depends on how busy and bored I am at work tomorrow.

I better go to sleep.  

Good night.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003saomom

Sky-Wind Groupbie
Sky-Wind
Sky-Wind

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
omg!  please write more!

ShellJA

LoveMJ Senior Member
LoveMJ
LoveMJ

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Gosh! That was just wonderful!!! But pls dont make this the end Cry there is a continuaton.... Right? Loved it!

ShellJA

Go to top