Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 43)

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by blue-ice

Calling the members who do not agree with you...dumb and foolish is just not acceptable here in DM...we play by the rules mate...I hope this is not going to become a norm here...

DLR asked "Are you dumb?" not "You are dumb". They are not one and the same thing. You could argue that it was a rhetoric question on his part, but the fact remains that she did not explicitly imply that Believe was "dumb" or anything of that sort.

Implication is sufficient to convey what is meant. It does not have to be that explicit LOL

we are becoming too technical on IF...BTW implication and explicit don't go together...if its explicit...why would it be implied?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Faraan92

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:04pm | IP Logged

Faraan92

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Where were you and your ethical highness when people call homosexuals perverts & sexual deviants & medically abnormal people? Would it be acceptable for me to call anyone here perverted, deviant or abnormal? Would I not be expected to prove it rationally and scientifically that you do suffer a perversion, deviant or abnormal? Without that I am nothing but a liar and slanderer?

Why is it that such name calling explicit or implicit is perfectly acceptable? A practice known in most societies as bullying and hate speech perfectly acceptable to you all?

But then all of a sudden when someone points out that repeatedly presenting the research of a total bull organization as scientific backing is dumb - then its all of a sudden against the rules?

You were a mod...u know the IF COC better than anyone else...calling names directly to members is not acceptable...I don't know if that has changed...calling a section of people as weird or perverted is somebody's OPINION...its different from calling a member a name directly...Regarding my stand on calling the gays as weird/perverted...you can go and read in the previous pages...I am totally against it...I have said that they are normal/nice people...I am not going to go over the same thing again and again...I had expressed my opinion and I am out of the debate...my only concern as a member is that name calling is becoming too common on this forum and nothing is being done about it...as a result people like me who have no interest in calling others names...have to resort to the same at times when provoked and I absolutely hate that...I have raised this point just as a member who is concerned of this becoming a trend...this has nothing to do with this debate...
I hope u understand that

-  There was no direct name calling. If so one ought to report.
-  In my opinion it was not a serious breach of COC, but something that can be sorted off in smoother way.
- In my opinion I think you tend to take these things more seriously, for me its more roll it off the shoulder.
-  If you were genuinely concerned about what people say, you would have called out people not to do so when they make statements like that.
-  Everyone knows in most social and legal situations, disparaging comments against race, gender, religion, sexual orientation are way more serious that a rhetorical question to a generic person. Because these comments foster "hate crime" and "hateful society". In this case it was especially wrong because there was an attempt to pass of these disparaging comments as "scientifically backed" facts.

I would only hope that people would take a stand and call out people when they make disparaging comments that constitutes hate speech, than call out a minor breach. But in the end its your choice what you feel you ought to call out, its completely your choice what ethical stance you choose to take. I personally am more concerned about DM becoming a place that fosters discrimination and looking down on groups,  and less concerned about the fact that people loose their cool or show bad judgment at times.

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
This thread needs a "Gleevention"

Next step

- The Barbravention

Next step

- Liza Minelli manifests herself

glace-bleue

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:18pm | IP Logged

Faraan92

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
MY FRAANDS! DO NAAT HAVE SEX WITH SAME SEX PEEOPLES. YOU ARE ROOINING THEE YEENDIAN CALCHARR! HAVE SEX WONLY WITH AAPOSITE SEX PEOPLES.

JAI HO.

glace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 04 June 2011 at 12:23pm | IP Logged

Where were you and your ethical highness when people call homosexuals perverts & sexual deviants & medically abnormal people? Would it be acceptable for me to call anyone here perverted, deviant or abnormal? Would I not be expected to prove it rationally and scientifically that you do suffer a perversion, deviant or abnormal? Without that I am nothing but a liar and slanderer?

Why is it that such name calling explicit or implicit is perfectly acceptable? A practice known in most societies as bullying and hate speech perfectly acceptable to you all?

But then all of a sudden when someone points out that repeatedly presenting the research of a total bull organization as scientific backing is dumb - then its all of a sudden against the rules?

You were a mod...u know the IF COC better than anyone else...calling names directly to members is not acceptable...I don't know if that has changed...calling a section of people as weird or perverted is somebody's OPINION...its different from calling a member a name directly...Regarding my stand on calling the gays as weird/perverted...you can go and read in the previous pages...I am totally against it...I have said that they are normal/nice people...I am not going to go over the same thing again and again...I had expressed my opinion and I am out of the debate...my only concern as a member is that name calling is becoming too common on this forum and nothing is being done about it...as a result people like me who have no interest in calling others names...have to resort to the same at times when provoked and I absolutely hate that...I have raised this point just as a member who is concerned of this becoming a trend...this has nothing to do with this debate...
I hope u understand that

-  There was no direct name calling. If so one ought to report.
-  In my opinion it was not a serious breach of COC, but something that can be sorted off in smoother way.
- In my opinion I think you tend to take these things more seriously, for me its more roll it off the shoulder.
-  If you were genuinely concerned about what people say, you would have called out people not to do so when they make statements like that.
-  Everyone knows in most social and legal situations, disparaging comments against race, gender, religion, sexual orientation are way more serious that a rhetorical question to a generic person. Because these comments foster "hate crime" and "hateful society". In this case it was especially wrong because there was an attempt to pass of these disparaging comments as "scientifically backed" facts.

I would only hope that people would take a stand and call out people when they make disparaging comments that constitutes hate speech, than call out a minor breach. But in the end its your choice what you feel you ought to call out, its completely your choice what ethical stance you choose to take. I personally am more concerned about DM becoming a place that fosters discrimination and looking down on groups,  and less concerned about the fact that people loose their cool or show bad judgment at times.

My concern is if people show bad judgement and start name calling ...then it would stop members from expressing themselves freely...the main purpose of this DM will be lost...atleast this is what I was told by a mod in another thread...
Debates always have too sides...and more often than not one side tries to put other down...its a clash of opinion...namecalling should not happen otherwise the essence of DM will be lost...DM should be a place where u can express ur views...whether they are good or bad...ur views should be countered without personally attacking you...I say...fight my views...don't fight me...

zorrro

Go to top