Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 38)

..kiran.. Groupbie
..kiran..
..kiran..

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by return_to_hades

*edited post*

Poor judgment call on my behalf making this post in the first place. I've made an IF commitment to not engage in discussion with some and I broke it. This is a delayed attempt to rectify my mistakes.

LOLLOLLOL

Learned it the hard way? It's time others follow our steps too. LOL

I've only just seen this thread, so I'll try just a little while longer LOL

@ Darklord_Rehan: I saw your latest post after I'd posted mine. Well said Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanismPrinsesse.SuviFaraan92

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

[Look this debate will never end if you choose to remain oblivious to facts. What is your stance? You won't accept homosexuality under any circumstances - whatever facts/evidences/justifications/reasons you are provided with? You will continue to deride it as a disease or menace? Right? Then so be it. 
American association is politicized thse kind of peoples...then homosexuals can be cured ...If you want to turn in into a theological debate justifying homophobia than move the debate elsewhere.

NARTH, the National Association for Research and Therapy for Homosexuality espouses using reparative therapy to "cure" homosexual behavior

But please do not speak of those crap things like 'dragging' homos and treating them for their 'mental illness'. It only displays your own ignorance and lack of wisdom.LOLLOL the same statement you vomited two three page b4 also, that time I replied that, if you think yourself, you are wise and having widom ,then keep it up...am happy with my ignonace... It really doesn't make much difference to me or to those who welcome illumination. The people and the society are changing for the better and if you don't wish to be a part of that change, then please do not retard its course. That would be a great favour.

Thank You.

Edited by Believe - 03 June 2011 at 7:04am
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Welcome back  ...M. Kiran ...Thumbs Up 

& Didn't quoted cos already mention my thoughts above page dont wanna repeat! and have to go my lesbian friend's flat for a Party..so party mood nowLOLWink

Cheers!
..kiran.. Groupbie
..kiran..
..kiran..

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Welcome back  ...M. Kiran ... Thumbs Up

& Didn't quoted cos already mention my thoughts above page dont wanna repeat!

Oh, as in, you don't want have to engage with the new points raised because you fear it might weaken/challenge your stance? Fair enough Approve

and have to go my lesbian friend's flat for a Party..so party mood nowLOLWink

Enjoy! Big smile But please be safe. You never know with these people. Or is it community service that you're at? If so, good luck with curing them. The world needs more messiahs like you Clap

Cheers!

Okay, I'm out of here. 

But just before that, last thinking exercise.

In an alternate universe, mostly everyone is homosexual. They make babies through artificial insemination but men and women normally do not feel attracted to each other. Popular religious belief allows for this.

But there are of course weirdos, as in every society.

They argue that they should have the right to choose their sexual orientation, because it is such an intimate and important part of them, that denying them of such choice is equal to denying them of their dignity.

In such a society, what would Believe do? Bend to popular belief and become a homosexual, allowing himself to be cured by those who know more about him than he can ever possibly know? Or will he insist that he has a right to be attracted to women (as I'm assuming he is)? 

The question is rhetorical but I really don't really care what his answer would be if at all he answers. I'm just putting it out there, because I know that other people might read this, and they might be intelligent people who want to genuinely explore and understand different ways of thinking before making their own opinion.

I'd also like to suggest that many who pretend to know it all about homosexuals have only seen the portrayal of these 'things' in movies where these ridiculous men who wear pink and flap their hands about are a source of rib-tickling comedy, and women who love other women are the villains who kill their love interests' boyfriends because they're jealous and generally insane.

Such people might want to consider the possibility that that portrayal may be inaccurate.

Edited by ..kiran.. - 03 June 2011 at 7:44am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanismreturn_to_hadesFaraan92

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veilglace-bleue

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Originally posted by monar

So I read this on tweeter sometime back...

Newly born doesn't have specific sexual orientation, they have gender, so homosexuality must be some sort of disorder.

Ermm I can't deny the logic behind this tweet

Sexuality is developed at adolescence. Nobody can actually claim heterosexuality or homosexuality at birth. Its a simple logic. Just as we, who love to call ourselves 'normal', get attracted towards opposite sex in this age, similarly they too get attracted to same sex. No refined medical theory, as far as I know, calls it a disorder in any way.

Different - true. Rare - true. But Disorder or anomaly? No. I don't think so. And there isn't a doctor who can claim to cure this so called disorder by any means.LOL

anything which is not ordered is disordered not a big deal?
regarding cure ask Baba Ramdev TongueLOL

The blatant fallacy in that tweet is that it assumes what is true of babies is true for adults, completely ignoring the various stages of biological and psychological growth. Forget homosexuality, new born don't have any sexual interest whatsoever. That means sex in itself is a disorder. Based on the infant benchmark we are all unnatural/abnormal overgrown freaks of nature.

Baba Ramdev is a faith based healer. His work is substantiated by faith, but has no founding in science or medicine.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanismPrinsesse.Suvi

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..kiran..

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

LOLLOLLOL

Learned it the hard way? It's time others follow our steps too. LOL

I've only just seen this thread, so I'll try just a little while longer LOL

@ Darklord_Rehan: I saw your latest post after I'd posted mine. Well said Clap

@POH - With the el-creepo/bizarro arguments and persistent friend requests, I learned that long long time ago. Its clearly now turned into a case of bitter grapes. Which is not true, but not completely false either.

Sometimes I do wonder, is the rest of DM completely blind to blatantly unacceptable stuff. Confused

@Kiran - Haha, you're just new here on Dm. Try a bit longer at best your keyboard might miraculously gain your knowledge and sentience, but you will make no other breakthroughs in the tentacled wall. LOL

Go to top