Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 36)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 1:20am | IP Logged
The wikepedia does give a pretty good summary on the changing views of most major religions on homosexuality.
Generally some of them deplore it outright.
But I guess with changing times, most may tolerate or accept it except for Islam that condemns it outright.

Quote:

All major Islamic sects disapprove of homosexuality,[40] Islam views same-sex desires as a natural temptation; but, sexual relations are seen as a transgression of the natural role and aim of sexual activity.[41]

Seems that Christians are formost in accepting them, eventhough certain sectors may strongly disapprove it.
Various Church Groups strongly condemn it too.

Anyway all religions do not encourage over indulgence in sensual pleasures in whatever form.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 1:23am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

@Belive---So you have resolved that you won't see any reasons, however others might try!!

Now you are suggesting that since we are defending Homos, we ourselves must be one. -LOL Up to you...Grow up dude!!  - Do you think... you already grown??!then you will stuck!!LOL

I myself have never cared for religious laws as most of them are biased and has their own set of 'do's and 'dont's which are completely based on beliefs and not facts and cannot be accomodated in any progressive societies. For example, Quran says that if a girl is raped then the girl must present 4 eye witnesses to the actual 'act'. If she fails, she will be shunned as a prostitute and lashed in public. Should we follow these 'holy' laws? Quran, Bible, Shastras and Granths are all Rule-books. They can never give you true knowledge as they restrict your thinking with certain pre-defined and often prejudiced rules. They were written by men who used God's name to impose their own thoughts on others. Blindly following these laws shall lead us to stone age, as Afghanistan was going during the Taliban regime.

Bhagwat Gita, however, is NOT a Rule book. It will not tell you what to wear, how to behave, how to pray, how to eat or how to f*** or which behaviour is 'normal' & which is not. So there is no mention about these things specifically.  But Bhagwat Gita encourages free thinking and stresses that men must use their own intellect instead of prevalent traditions or customs to decide what is right and what is wrong. It stresses on Nishkaam Karma and not any formality. Bhagwat Gita clearly says that, to Krishna you are a soul, his own inseparable part, and hence he judges you for your Karma and not your birth or existence. A true Karma Yogi is an explorer - who never fears to challenge or change the mindset of the society and that is how he attains Moksha in his mortal life.---So as per your view Bhagwat Gita accepting these abnormal acts!!LOL Clap

Here's a translation from Bhagwat Gita : "Tark hi jeevan ka aadhaar hai. Yadi Vishwaas ka ankur tark ki bhoomi se nahi ugta, toh woh Andh-Vishwaas kehlata hai"
In the chapter "Prakriti aham Vikriti" Rig Veda says that anything which is in nature is natural and hence Godly. What appears unnatural to others might be another face of the same nature.--It means they support Homosexuality or wat???? "prakriti and Vikriti's " real meaning you should check. again!Smile..

And yeah, Kamasutra openly recognizes the third sex and even shows many sexual positions exclusive to male-male or female-female sex. And mind it, Kamasutra was written in early 1st century - much before Quran or Bible or any Granth came into being. -- The third gender (hijadas)...BUT did they mention they are Normal or did they have equal rights ????Big smile

My only advice to you is see facts and don't go with beliefs. Ignorance is never a bliss. When the TM started the topic, he was against Homosexuality and called it weird and abnormal and something harmful. But after seeing reasons and valid points we provided, I think, he too had agreed that things might not be as he thought. And if you are still adamant then, as Kiran said, kindly don't oppose things you don't understand (or in your case, don't want to understand) or suggest inhuman treatment of Homosexuals. Hope my comments don't hurt you.

PS : Since I have pointed out flaws in Quran or Bible, that doesn'tt mean I am against Muslims or Chistians. The only thing I am against is blind-faith and subsequent injustice. And belief-wise I am an Atheist. So religion or its principles doesn't matter to me any way. --Thanx...then you should rectify your comment, that believers are ignorant!!!Big smile

Edited by Believe - 03 June 2011 at 1:30am
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 1:35am | IP Logged
In my opinion, Sex Education is the only way to remove the misconceptions and prejudices in people's mind from an early age. Most NGOs, psychologists and social activists support this, but unfortunately our Government is still too shy to openly introduce it.

As I have infered, the major misconceptions and myths regarding homosexuality are :

1. Homosexuality is not a 'normal' behaviour and it happens because of some sort of mental illness.
2. Homosexuality should not be encouraged as others might 'become' homos under their influence.
3. Homosexuals can be prevented or 'cured' by mental/psychological treatment.
4. Homos might become 'normal' if they are married to opposite sex.
5. If homosexuality is legalized, human race will come to an end due to lack of procreation

Unfortunately, none of these theories have got even a single scientific or medical evidence to support them. But still people are prosecuted, harassed, imprisoned and often killed in accordance to these fallacies.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lord_kalkiPrinsesse.Suvireturn_to_hadesDemonStarFaraan92

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 1:45am | IP Logged
@Believe -
1. I meant mental growth and mature thinking.
2. Bhagwat Gita accepts anything which is logical and rejects anything which is a fallacy. As I wrote, Gita doesn't bind you - it sets you free.
3. I think I clearly wrote what is the definition of natural and unnatural as per Vedas.
4. The third Gender got equal respect and privileges as others and no one treated them as a weird species. So I assume they were considered normal and acceptable.
5.I never said that believers are ignorant. Many supporters of homosexual rights are themselves strong believers. I said that those who stick to BLIND-BELIEFS and are averse to reasons are ignorant.

And, even after all the facts we provided, if you still wish to call them 'abnormal', you may go ahead. But kindly tell me what is the definition of the word 'normal'? I myself don't think I am normal, I have many anomalies - I have -2 eyesight, I am an atheist while most others are worshipers, I like a little chubby girls while many friends of mine prefer skinny ones, my father likes communists while I hate them, my mother likes gossiping while I prefer silence, I have many choices/food habits different from my family and friends etc etc.

So I never understood how can people so conveniently call others abnormal when there is no Standard Scale of 'Normality'. Everyone is normal in his own right and everyone is abnormal compared to his immediate next person.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 03 June 2011 at 2:10am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lord_kalkimonarFaraan92

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged

@Believe -
1. I meant mental growth and mature thinking. - If someone disagree with your thoughts/views,doen't mean other person is immature...! 
2. Bhagwat Gita accepts anything which is logical and rejects anything which is a fallacy. --That depends As I wrote, Gita doesn't bind you - it sets you free.-- My dear friend,sets you free does't mean they will accept all your deeds!!
3. I think I clearly wrote what is the definition of natural and unnatural as per Vedas.--Veda still says Homosexuality is a Sin!! plz dont change it!!
4. The third Gender got equal respect and privileges as others and no one treated them as a weird species. So I assume they were considered normal and acceptable.--then why they treated as third gender!
5.I never said that believers are ignorant. Many supporters of homosexual rights are themselves strong believers. I said that those who stick to BLIND-BELIEFS and are averse to reasons are ignorant. --Belief is based on reason ...reason is analysis, reason is argument, reason is an intellectual process...if you say you dont believe...these matter also a type of Belief...but as I said before majority only decide these minority need to give their rights or not!!Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monarglace-bleue

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Veda still says Homosexuality is a Sin!! plz dont change it!! Which Veda Believe ji Shocked not that I read all of them all but curious to know?

4. The third Gender got equal respect and privileges as others and no one treated them as a weird species. So I assume they were considered normal and acceptable.--then why they treated as third gender!

ain't they are third gender already?problem comes when people don't accept them as third gender?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lord_kalkiRehanismPrinsesse.SuviDemonStarFaraan92

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

@Believe -
1. I meant mental growth and mature thinking. - If someone disagree with your thoughts/views,doen't mean other person is immature...!
If that person provides crap and illogical reasons to support his views then he's certainly immature.
2. Bhagwat Gita accepts anything which is logical and rejects anything which is a fallacy. --That depends As I wrote, Gita doesn't bind you - it sets you free.-- My dear friend,sets you free does't mean they will accept all your deeds!!
True. But Bhagwat Gita, or should I say Krishna, accepts anything which is just, even if it goes against the traditions or norms. Fortunately or unfortunately, nobody has been able to PROVE with facts and evidences that homosexuality is a wrong or harmful deed.Big smile
3. I think I clearly wrote what is the definition of natural and unnatural as per Vedas.--Veda still says Homosexuality is a Sin!! plz dont change it!!
May be, if it does, then I reject it in the same way I reject Quran or Bible. But I quoted that Rigvedic phrase to establish that everything which seems different to our eyes need not be unnatural.
Why are women recognized as women? Does that mean they are not respected? In fact I think its necessary to recognize the Third gender because in many cases we have seen homos or transgenders don't wish to be called 'men' or 'women'. They wish to be identified the way they are.
5.I never said that believers are ignorant. Many supporters of homosexual rights are themselves strong believers. I said that those who stick to BLIND-BELIEFS and are averse to reasons are ignorant. --Belief is based on reason ...reason is analysis, reason is argument, reason is an intellectual process...if you say you dont believe...these matter also a type of Belief...but as I said before majority only decide these minority need to give their rights or not!!Smile

No. Majority never decides the rights of minority. If that happens, social equality and justice shall be a distant dream. This is the reason why, even in Democracies, Rights are decided by Judiciary and NOT by Public Voting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.SuviFaraan92

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 03 June 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged
So I read this on tweeter sometime back...

Newly born doesn't have specific sexual orientation, they have gender, so homosexuality must be some sort of disorder.

Ermm I can't deny the logic behind this tweet

Go to top