Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 33)

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Thanks TM for the article.

Can you kindly tell me what does the International Court of Justice/ World Health Organization says about this?

Do they prosecute homosexuality or do they recognize it as acceptable behaviour?

And if they recognize it then what's their stance regarding such gay prosecutions in various conservative societies?

NATO attacked Libiya/Iraq and some other countries too...Did they asked public opinion or did they asked balance 100's of countries opinion to impliment these things!!!?  No na...same way these things also they practice! Smile

I wasn't speaking about NATO. I was asking about WHO/ICJ opinion about scientific evidence on pro/anti-homosexuality. I am sure World Health Organization has got nothing to do with any country's military or strategic affairs, nor for that matter US and its allies' attacks on Iraq or Libiya.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 02 June 2011 at 2:46am

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 2:58am | IP Logged
@Believe - You spoke about Lord Krishna's polygamy, let me tell you, I am against polygamy too, although Krishna had his own reasons behind marrying the 16100 slaves. If he had not married them, they would have committed suicide as the society would shun them as prostitutes. Krishna went against the social customs for the sake of justice to save the honour of those women and accorded them respectable place among the royals.

That is precisely what he has always done and has asked us to do. God is science and science is God. Practices or norms which are irrational and senseless can never be religious in true essence. Blindly following traditions and norms makes one akin to cows and goats. A true human is one who finds his beliefs in reasons. Discriminating one on the basis of birth or inborn trait is the most inhuman act and establishes one's illiteracy and lowliness.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 02 June 2011 at 3:06am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faraan92

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged

I agree,science is bound by proof and research, but do you think science can prove all things in this world ??? then you can believe this one also... Darwin said before men came from Apes, did we got the missing link between apes n human??  may be straight people can never understand gay people's thought process. But it is defintiely some sort of disorder..and other fact is Straight world decides what is the fundamental rights for gays to given! Smile

Edited by Believe - 02 June 2011 at 3:18am
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Its disorder to you because you are unable to understand it. Science can prove everything, may be not today, but tomorrow it will. Few hundred years back, going to moon was only a fantasy, but today its a reality. Previously people used to think that thunders and storm happens because God gets angry on us and they used to do all sort of Yagyas to please the Gods. But today nobody cares. Similarly if today something seems unknown, tomorrow it will be known. But that doesn't mean we go on to serve injustice and cruel treatment to others on account of our lack of understanding.

Read this article :

The origin or "cause" of homosexuality.

This is a myth, pure and simple.  Although studies have turned up evidence that certain factors might play a role, nothing at this point has been even remotely conclusive.  In fact, every major theory to date has at least some pretty substantial evidence against it.  At this point, the most we can say is that we simply don't know.  We don't know what causes heterosexual attraction or homosexual attraction, and it's not likely that we'll have an answer to the question any time soon.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here.  Some people interpret "there isn't any conclusive evidence" to mean "biology has nothing to do with it; it's all development or choice."  That is not true at all.  In fact, the evidence weighs very heavily in favor of a biological component, but it doesn't look like biology can explain it alone.  The evidence for non-biological theories (such as the theories put forth by Moberly and Nicolosi and promoted by conservative groups like Focus on the Family) is no better than that for the biological theories.  The best evidence indicates that there is a combination of biological and environmental factors working to shape a person's sexuality in the formative years, but at this point we just don't know how it works.

So...back to the original question.  Is it a choice?  Can a person choose whether he or she is going to be attracted to men or to women?

I can tell you from experience.  No, it isn't a choice.

In fact, as long as we are talking about attractions and not behaviors, it shouldn't surprise us at all to learn that gay people do not choose to be physically attracted to members of their own sex.  After all, who among us can turn his/her physical attractions off or on at will?

When a heterosexual man gets married, he has to work hard to keep from lusting after women other than his wife.  It would be nice if he could get married and then flip some mental switch that would suddenly make other women unattractive to him.  Unfortunately, that is not the case, and he will have to battle his own feelings for the rest of his life.  On the other hand, he does not have to battle a desire to lust after men, because he simply does not find other men attractive...the very idea may be somewhat gross to him.

The reverse is true for a homosexual man.  He might not want to be gay, but there isn't any magic switch to turn off his attraction to other men (just as there isn't a switch to turn off the other man's attraction to women).  It will be a daily struggle for him, just as it is for the heterosexual man.  But the homosexual man does not have a daily struggle to keep from lusting after women, because he simply does not find them attractive.

In fact, some people have been so desperate to "turn off" their attraction to the same sex and to "turn on" an attraction to the opposite sex that they have done some pretty desperate things.  In the 50s and 60s, many gay men and women volunteered to undergo hormone therapy, shock treatments, injections with nausea-producing drugs ("aversion therapy"), and other painful or uncomfortable treatments in order to become straight.  None of them were successful.

Sadly, many teens commit suicide after trying unsuccessfully to become attracted to the opposite sex rather than the same sex.  They feel alone in the world, and don't know how to handle the pressure.  We need to stop this from happening.  If you find out that someone you love is gay, let them know that you know they didn't choose to feel that way.  Tell them that you love them; it's important for them to hear that.  And if you or someone you know is gay and is having trouble dealing with it, find a support group or at least get in touch with me and I can help make sure you find someone to talk to.  Being gay is only one part of a person's life, and you'd be surprised to learn how many different ways there are to deal with it.

I

Faraan92

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Dude, If you want I can give 100s Articles links against this thoughts!

Carry on!Smile
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 3:43am | IP Logged
But I am sure, none of those articles would be based on evidence. It would be only "Bible says its a sin", "Quran says its a sin" etc etc etc. Most opposition of homosexuality comes from religious backgrounds and most arguments against it are about traditions and customs and not facts or biological proofs.

As I had said earlier, 90 % of the proponents and advocates of Homosexual relationship and marriage are doctors or scientific intellectuals. And 99% opponents are either religious men or so-called defenders of religion, culture and traditions.

Faraan92

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
*edited post*

Poor judgment call on my behalf making this post in the first place. I've made an IF commitment to not engage in discussion with some and I broke it. This is a delayed attempt to rectify my mistakes.

Edited by return_to_hades - 02 June 2011 at 7:37am

-Believe-

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 02 June 2011 at 6:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top