Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 28)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Ya I guess so...just trying to figure out what that could beErmm

Of course gays and lesbians have a part to play in this world just like the heterosexuals...Sir Elton John is one of the greatest musicians of all times and then there are so many others who are so productive for the community..

If nature did not intend them to be there, then they would have not been there.

Forget homosexuals take Stephen Hawking, look how little nature gave him. Going by norms of everyday humans he is 'nothing', but look at how much he has contributed.

Procreation maybe the means to continue the race, but it by no means defines the essence of existence. Millions of life forms on earth will come and go contributing no progeny, but that does not make their existence meaningless does it.

Besides who said homosexuals cannot procreate? Sexually mature and fertile homosexuals can procreate. Its only the logistics of homosexual sex that inhibits procreation. Although the turkey baster method is known to be conducive to procreation. LOL  If procreation is that important, what should we do about heterosexuals who cannot or do not procreate?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanismRasnyDemonStarBeyond_the_Veiltulipbaby53

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lalixlily

Therapy is good if the parents try to understand rather than being willing to "solve" or "cure" the issue/"disease".

Because some parents think they're at fault for some wierd reason.

So wait, are you talking about therapy for the parent or the child?
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Therapy is good if the parents try to understand rather than being willing to "solve" or "cure" the issue/"disease".

Coming out is an emotionally overwhelming experience. Parents also have a tough time understanding something different, helping their kids cope with life, issues etc. I think she supportive therapy/guidance for anyone who needs the support – parents/children/siblings or the whole family. Many gay youth and their families go through therapy – not to 'cure' or 'get rid of'  the homosexuality, but for help to deal with social and emotional issues around it. I think that's what she means.

In the United States any licensed medical practitioner cannot claim to cure homosexuality (it is not a disease or mental illness), only offer counseling. If they do they risk losing their license. Doctors or psychiatrists who violate this should be reported.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Coming out is an emotionally overwhelming experience. Parents also have a tough time understanding something different, helping their kids cope with life, issues etc. I think she supportive therapy/guidance for anyone who needs the support ' parents/children/siblings or the whole family. Many gay youth and their families go through therapy ' not to 'cure' or 'get rid of'  the homosexuality, but for help to deal with social and emotional issues around it. I think that's what she means.

In the United States any licensed medical practitioner cannot claim to cure homosexuality (it is not a disease or mental illness), only offer counseling. If they do they risk losing their license. Doctors or psychiatrists who violate this should be reported.

Yeah, it is really hard for the child and new for the parent too. If they want therapy for coping and understanding, I'm fine with that too. Being gay is not a disorder, so I don't like it when parents send their children for therapy for it. I didn't know it was illegal for counselor and other practitioners to claim they can cure homosexuality! I wonder what loophole my friend's parents were sending him to the clinician then.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanismDemonStarFaraan92

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:23pm | IP Logged

Of course gays and lesbians have a part to play in this world just like the heterosexuals...Sir Elton John is one of the greatest musicians of all times and then there are so many others who are so productive for the community..

Forget homosexuals take Stephen Hawking, look how little nature gave him. Going by norms of everyday humans he is 'nothing', but look at how much he has contributed....why are comparing homosexuality with disability??...and BTW did I not mention in my previous comment that being gay has nothing to do with how productive a person is...

Procreation maybe the means to continue the race, but it by no means defines the essence of existence. Millions of life forms on earth will come and go contributing no progeny, but that does not make their existence meaningless does it....All I said is nature made two different sexes in almost all the species with a purpose...I know it doesn't mean that everyone has to reproduce...atleast not in IndiaLOL...anyways enough people r heterosexual...there is no fear of this earth dying out soon...

Besides who said homosexuals cannot procreate? Sexually mature and fertile homosexuals can procreate. Its only the logistics of homosexual sex that inhibits procreation. Although the turkey baster method is known to be conducive to procreation. LOL  If procreation is that important, what should we do about heterosexuals who cannot or do not procreate?...no one who doesn't want to have a baby...is free not to have one...there r enough who want babies...and just curious to know...how do two homosexuals procreate...is there any new technology which allows two sperms or two eggs to form an embryo.??.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by angie.4u

So we can add another path to Nirvana. LOL

More accurately I would say that you are already enlightened.
Frankly I should ask "What are you doing here?"

</div>Aww c' mon Summer, I m used to your free flowing praises but this is way too much LOL
<div>As for what I am doing here ...well just the same as everyone here in DM is doing , what else?LOL

Thanks for being around.
Yes no matter how the kids are most parents do not abandon their child. Same applies to gays too I think.
I have a neighbor across the street and one of their daughters is mentally disabled and also unable to walk. Their other two kids are fine and healthy.
They often bring out the little girl in a wheel chair for a walk.
It is nice to see them shower their love on her. She is quiet and nonviolent. God bless her.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarglace-bleue

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:24pm | IP Logged

Forget homosexuals take Stephen Hawking, look how little nature gave him. Going by norms of everyday humans he is 'nothing', but look at how much he has contributed....why are comparing homosexuality with disability??...and BTW did I not mention in my previous comment that being gay has nothing to do with how productive a person is...

Procreation maybe the means to continue the race, but it by no means defines the essence of existence. Millions of life forms on earth will come and go contributing no progeny, but that does not make their existence meaningless does it....All I said is nature made two different sexes in almost all the species with a purpose...I know it doesn't mean that everyone has to reproduce...atleast not in IndiaLOL...anyways enough people r heterosexual...there is no fear of this earth dying out soon...

Besides who said homosexuals cannot procreate? Sexually mature and fertile homosexuals can procreate. Its only the logistics of homosexual sex that inhibits procreation. Although the turkey baster method is known to be conducive to procreation. LOL  If procreation is that important, what should we do about heterosexuals who cannot or do not procreate?...no one who doesn't want to have a baby...is free not to have one...there r enough who want babies...and just curious to know...how do two homosexuals procreate...is there any new technology which allows two sperms or two eggs to form an embryo.??.

1. I think you misunderstood. I'm not comparing anything to disability. I'm just emphasizing all nature has a purpose even if we don't perceive it.

2. And I'm saying nature created man, woman, trans-gender, gay straight and bisexual and they all have a purpose. I'll refrain from asking the purpose of the C-O and the P-O in human biology. If procreation is not that important, then why did you state nature's goal is procreation? Also if nature's goal is procreation explain extinction.

3. Homosexual intercourse does not lead to procreation true. However, homosexuals can engage in heterosexual intercourse in order to procreate. They can get nature's goals out of the way if its that important.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:21pm | IP Logged

Let us see what the professionals say on homosexuality

Theory: A complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors

2004 - States on their website: "There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.

Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?

No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed."

Go to top