Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 25)

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Yes Blue Ice ji a second-hand experience does not count.
You are one of the most balanced person in the forum. Parents will generally sacrifice everything for the child.

But then young people tend to be idealistic which is fine. It is good to have some fire in the belly.
A kid if born different from the rest, a parent has no choice but to accept them for what they are. In front of the kid they will mostly hide their disappointment of course.
I am shocked that in China they often abort or abandon female kids. Due to the harsh one child policy. This is inhuman.

Thanks Summerji...

Being idealistic in one thing and being practical is another...there are a lot of things which can be learned only from experience and not from books..

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Yes Blue Ice ji a second-hand experience does not count.
You are one of the most balanced person in the forum. Parents will generally sacrifice everything for the child.

But then young people tend to be idealistic which is fine. It is good to have some fire in the belly.
A kid if born different from the rest, a parent has no choice but to accept them for what they are. In front of the kid they will mostly hide their disappointment of course.
I am shocked that in China they often abort or abandon female kids. Due to the harsh one child policy. This is inhuman.

Thanks Summerji...

Being idealistic in one thing and being practical is another...there are a lot of things which can be learned only from experience and not from books..
Yes that is true.
In fact being a male, I still find it difficult to really understand or experience love.
IN fact I am becoming less and less sensitive.LOL

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I think it's ridiculous when parents try to send their children for therapy because their gay. Confused

I guess your stand is that if a kid seems to have gay tendencies  we should accept them as such and not try to change or discourage them.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

I think it's ridiculous when parents try to send their children for therapy because their gay. Confused

I guess your stand is that if a kid seems to have gay tendencies  we should accept them as such and not try to change or discourage them.

Yeah, you can't change what is natural. People have to to be loved and accepted for who they are.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faraan92

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

Thanks Summerji...

As someone whose life has been defined by 'reading', I disagree strongly with the trivialization of books. True, literature is not for everybody. True, many books are just fantasy and fiction. However, the thing about experience is that it is limited to ourselves and the world around us. There is so much to learn, that experience or all knowledge put together can barely scratch the surface. Books have the power to transport us to different places, different times, different worlds so we learn not only through our experiences but the experiences of people within the books, the experiences of people who wrote the books, the experiences of people who read, teach and share the books.

Of course a book like Harry Potter may not teach one about the the challenges of parenthood or what it is like to be a parent. But whether its a classic or some the new pop-fiction books often plant seeds of thoughts in our minds. Thoughts about right and wrong, thoughts about how the world should be, how people should be. In that essence as a reader Dumbledore is right in saying that it does not matter what we are born as, but what we grow up to be. Its a pivotal lesson, not just in terms of sexual orientation - but all the other themes and experiences that Harry Potter touches on from racism, to xenophobia, to class warfare - from minor discrimination to slavery and hate crimes. A profound thought that ought not be trivialized because its just a teen fantasy fiction book.

Of course as an avid reader I'm as touchy about literature as I am about civil rights. I'd be lost if I were to choose between the two. LOL

Parents will have expectations of their children. They have these because they love them. They have expectations for children to fit in, be loved, be successful, be respected, and all sorts of things. Of course parents are disappointed when these expectations don't come true. Its because they are afraid for their children. They will discourage children from choices in career, relationships and many things - not to hold them back - but because they don't want anything less in life for their beloved children.

However, there comes a time in every parents life where the parent realizes that the dreams they see and their children see are different. That their children are happier and content pursuing their own dreams. That a harder career, tougher times, and a harsher society is not as bad as long as they can pursue their dreams. There comes a time when parents find their children going against dreams and falling for people who maybe outside their race, nationality, religion and sometimes yes the same gender. There will be heartbreaks and disappointments yes, but there also comes a time when parents see that their kids are mature, responsible people, that they understand love and relationships and have found someone who is good and right for them. There comes a time that parents realize that it does not matter what the world thinks but that parents stand by their choices. Not just because they are parents, not just because they love their children, but because its the right thing to do and it not ought to be any other way.

If after the experiences of life, if after seeing things from a different view, parents are still disappointed by their children or regret their choices - then I have a hard time understanding or respecting that parent child bond. And parents are not the only ones who have to make the hard choices and sacrifices for children. For every child that defies everything for their own dream, there is a child who will live a lie for their parents dream, whatever it maybe .

In the end who are we to know what God or nature wanted. Gay people are completely capable of procreation, while straight people are not. Procreation is an act of nature for which marriage, relationships, commitments none of these are required. And everyday people gay and straight alike engage in these relationships for aspects much more deeper than procreation, sometimes procreation is out of the question because of some natures twisted ways. If procreation is the be all and end of nature, then the entire fabric of human society is a system against nature.
glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Thanks Summerji...

As someone whose life has been defined by 'reading', I disagree strongly with the trivialization of books. True, literature is not for everybody. True, many books are just fantasy and fiction. However, the thing about experience is that it is limited to ourselves and the world around us. There is so much to learn, that experience or all knowledge put together can barely scratch the surface. Books have the power to transport us to different places, different times, different worlds so we learn not only through our experiences but the experiences of people within the books, the experiences of people who wrote the books, the experiences of people who read, teach and share the books.

Of course a book like Harry Potter may not teach one about the the challenges of parenthood or what it is like to be a parent. But whether its a classic or some the new pop-fiction books often plant seeds of thoughts in our minds. Thoughts about right and wrong, thoughts about how the world should be, how people should be. In that essence as a reader Dumbledore is right in saying that it does not matter what we are born as, but what we grow up to be. Its a pivotal lesson, not just in terms of sexual orientation - but all the other themes and experiences that Harry Potter touches on from racism, to xenophobia, to class warfare - from minor discrimination to slavery and hate crimes. A profound thought that ought not be trivialized because its just a teen fantasy fiction book.

Of course as an avid reader I'm as touchy about literature as I am about civil rights. I'd be lost if I were to choose between the two. LOL

Parents will have expectations of their children. They have these because they love them. They have expectations for children to fit in, be loved, be successful, be respected, and all sorts of things. Of course parents are disappointed when these expectations don't come true. Its because they are afraid for their children. They will discourage children from choices in career, relationships and many things - not to hold them back - but because they don't want anything less in life for their beloved children.

However, there comes a time in every parents life where the parent realizes that the dreams they see and their children see are different. That their children are happier and content pursuing their own dreams. That a harder career, tougher times, and a harsher society is not as bad as long as they can pursue their dreams. There comes a time when parents find their children going against dreams and falling for people who maybe outside their race, nationality, religion and sometimes yes the same gender. There will be heartbreaks and disappointments yes, but there also comes a time when parents see that their kids are mature, responsible people, that they understand love and relationships and have found someone who is good and right for them. There comes a time that parents realize that it does not matter what the world thinks but that parents stand by their choices. Not just because they are parents, not just because they love their children, but because its the right thing to do and it not ought to be any other way.

If after the experiences of life, if after seeing things from a different view, parents are still disappointed by their children or regret their choices - then I have a hard time understanding or respecting that parent child bond. And parents are not the only ones who have to make the hard choices and sacrifices for children. For every child that defies everything for their own dream, there is a child who will live a lie for their parents dream, whatever it maybe .

In the end who are we to know what God or nature wanted. Gay people are completely capable of procreation, while straight people are not. Procreation is an act of nature for which marriage, relationships, commitments none of these are required. And everyday people gay and straight alike engage in these relationships for aspects much more deeper than procreation, sometimes procreation is out of the question because of some natures twisted ways. If procreation is the be all and end of nature, then the entire fabric of human society is a system against nature.

OMGLOL...a simple emotion like disappointment has been beaten to death...I don't understand what is so wrong if a parent is disappointed if their kids turn out to be gay...that would be the most normal and first reaction of any parent...accepting or not accepting the sexuality of the child will follow later...of course the child needs to be supported but that doesn't mean that u rob the parent of the most natural reaction ...somebody has made a tall claim that a disappointed parent is not a true parent...I mean what the hell...people need to get real...ok now that I have vented...
I have the utmost respect for books, their knowledge and the readers...I am an avid reader myself...but believe me there are some experiences that not even come close to what is written in the book...the pain of giving birth to a child is one of them...no book justifies that...speaking from first hand experienceLOL...or the fear of going to a dentist to have a tooth pulled out...no book can justify that...atleast not for me...
Regarding nature...nothing in this world is random...everything has a purpose...so have the two different sexes...thats all I have to say...

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged

Yeah, you can't change what is natural. People have to to be loved and accepted for who they are.
Ah it is so complicated.
But our soul is neither male nor female.

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faraan92

Go to top