Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 24)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Those parents hate their children for being gay are akin to those parents who desire for male child and mistreat their child if she turns out to be a female. For a mother, a child is a child. And a mother loves him/her equally and unconditionally irrespective of his/her sexuality.

I don't know if you are a parent or not but...a parent can NEVER hate their kids...of course parents are disappointed and hurt when the kids do not turn out to be the way that they wanted...
Hate is a very strong word and should not be used so loosely...especially in the case of a parent-child relationship...

I've known people who have been literally kicked onto the streets by their family at the age of 15-16, with no money, no shelter, no place to go, simply for coming out gay. I'm not sure if thats love of any sort.

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
I think it's ridiculous when parents try to send their children for therapy because their gay. Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vena.cava.glace-bleueFaraan92

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Those parents hate their children for being gay are akin to those parents who desire for male child and mistreat their child if she turns out to be a female. For a mother, a child is a child. And a mother loves him/her equally and unconditionally irrespective of his/her sexuality.

I don't know if you are a parent or not but...a parent can NEVER hate their kids...of course parents are disappointed and hurt when the kids do not turn out to be the way that they wanted...
Hate is a very strong word and should not be used so loosely...especially in the case of a parent-child relationship...

I've known people who have been literally kicked onto the streets by their family at the age of 15-16, with no money, no shelter, no place to go, simply for coming out gay. I'm not sure if thats love of any sort.

I have seen parents being treated much worse by their kids for no apparent reason...

I agree that parents sometimes do have that reaction...but being disappointed/ angry/mad...doesn't equal to hate...my only problem is with the use of this word loosely by people..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged

Obviously not. I am 19 years old. But I have heard of cruelty shown by parents (esp father) towards both the child and the mother if the child is a girl. There are hundreds of cases of female infanticide and you say that parents can never hate their children?

Those who are disappointed and hurt because of their child's inborn traits do not deserve to be parents. As Dumbledore says "It matters not what we are born, but what we grow up to be". And Dumbledore himself was gay in the HP series.

Here's an extract of the story that was posted in the 5th page of this thread:

"It is obvious that I neither abuse nor neglect my children. They are not perfect, but they are learning how to navigate this big, and sometimes cruel, world. I hate that my son had to learn this lesson while standing in front of allegedly Christian women. I hate that those women thought those thoughts, and worse felt comfortable saying them out loud. I hate that 'pink' is still called a girl color and that my baby has to be so brave if he wants to be Daphne for Halloween.

And all I hope for my kids, and yours, and those of Moms ABC, are that they are happy. If a set of purple sparkly tights and a velvety dress is what makes my baby happy one night, then so be it. If he wants to carry a purse, or marry a man, or paint fingernails with his best girlfriend, then ok. My job as his mother is not to stifle that man that he will be, but to help him along his way. Mine is not to dictate what is 'normal' and what is not, but to help him become a good person."

That is how a true parent should be.Tongue

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 23 May 2011 at 5:03pm

Faraan92

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:13pm | IP Logged

Obviously not. I am 19 years old. But I have heard of cruelty shown by parents (esp father) towards both the child and the mother if the child is a girl. There are hundreds of cases of female infanticide and you say that parents can never hate their children?

Those who are disappointed and hurt because of their child's inborn traits do not deserve to be parents. As Dumbledore says "It matters not what we are born, but what we grow up to be". And Dumbledore himself was gay in the HP series.

Here's an extract of the story that was posted in the 5th page of this thread:

"It is obvious that I neither abuse nor neglect my children. They are not perfect, but they are learning how to navigate this big, and sometimes cruel, world. I hate that my son had to learn this lesson while standing in front of allegedly Christian women. I hate that those women thought those thoughts, and worse felt comfortable saying them out loud. I hate that 'pink' is still called a girl color and that my baby has to be so brave if he wants to be Daphne for Halloween.

And all I hope for my kids, and yours, and those of Moms ABC, are that they are happy. If a set of purple sparkly tights and a velvety dress is what makes my baby happy one night, then so be it. If he wants to carry a purse, or marry a man, or paint fingernails with his best girlfriend, then ok. My job as his mother is not to stifle that man that he will be, but to help him along his way. Mine is not to dictate what is 'normal' and what is not, but to help him become a good person."

That is how a true parent should be.Tongue

I just have to tell you one thing...parenthood has to be self experienced and you cannot get an idea of what the love of the parent is by borrowing a line from a Harry Potter bookTongue

I don't think you get it what disappointment means to parents...when I say that I'll be disappointed if my son turns out to be gay...its because I don't want my son to face what the child in the above story faced...being gay is not what nature has meant for us...so anything that goes against nature would be a disappointment to me...that doesn't mean that I would not support my child...
I don't think you have the right to tell the parents that they do not have the right to be parents just because they are disappointed that their son is gay...every normal parents' first reaction would be of disappointment...some would support their kids and some would not...

About female infanticide...those people are criminal and not parents...I am talking about normal parents not criminals...

MagixX

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 6:28pm | IP Logged

I just have to tell you one thing...parenthood has to be self experienced and you cannot get an idea of what the love of the parent is by borrowing a line from a Harry Potter bookTongue

I don't think you get it what disappointment means to parents...when I say that I'll be disappointed if my son turns out to be gay...its because I don't want my son to face what the child in the above story faced...being gay is not what nature has meant for us...so anything that goes against nature would be a disappointment to me...that doesn't mean that I would not support my child...
I don't think you have the right to tell the parents that they do not have the right to be parents just because they are disappointed that their son is gay...every normal parents' first reaction would be of disappointment...some would support their kids and some would not...

About female infanticide...those people are criminal and not parents...I am talking about normal parents not criminals...

@Blue : This part makes me sympathise and even agree with you. But if you truly care for your child's bright future, then you must stand by him to fight against the discrimination he might face, just like the mother in that story did.

@Red : This part makes me pity your thinking. First tell me something. Who has created nature? You? No, I guess. Nature has been created by God, the same God who creates you, the so called 'normal' people, and the same God who creates the Homosexuals whom you call abnormal. So how can that be unnatural and who are you and who am I to decide what is pro-nature or what is against nature? Why do we love to judge others by using our own nature as a yard stick? Heterosexuality is your nature and homosexuality is their nature and both are very much natural.

As far the question of being normal, then let me tell you, nobody in this planet is normal. Everyone has some or the other anomaly. But still we conveniently call others abnormal if their traits differ from ours. Homosexuality is very much natural and supported by human anatomy and hence scientifically proved fact. Please do not use these words 'nature', 'anti-nature', normal or abnormal so indifferently.

And that is why I believe that those parents who shun their kids as abnormal or pressurize them mentally for being homo or forcibly send their children for treatment or get them married to the opposite sex, are NOT worthy of being called parents. Its better to be born in an orphanage than to be born to such parents. Its due to withdrawal of family support in the form of disinheritance or moral torture, many homosexuals commit suicide. Its true I am not a parent, and I am not going to be one any time soon. May be I don't understand what being parents mean. But stay assured, whenever I am a parent and if I find out that my son/daughter is homosexual, I won't do anything which makes my children feel defeated. I have never cared much for society, tradition or beliefs and I have worked as per my own convictions and I shall continue to do so all my life.

Lastly, I gave the example of Dumbledore because he was the most powerful and the wisest character in the series inspite of being gay and the woman who wrote this character herself is a mother of three.

Faraan92

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Yes Blue Ice ji a second-hand experience does not count.
You are one of the most balanced person in the forum. Parents will generally sacrifice everything for the child.

But then young people tend to be idealistic which is fine. It is good to have some fire in the belly.
A kid if born different from the rest, a parent has no choice but to accept them for what they are. In front of the kid they will mostly hide their disappointment of course.
I am shocked that in China they often abort or abandon female kids. Due to the harsh one child policy. This is inhuman.

glace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:23pm | IP Logged

@Blue : This part makes me sympathise and even agree with you. But if you truly care for your child's bright future, then you must stand by him to fight against the discrimination he might face, just like the mother in that story did.

@Red : This part makes me pity your thinking. First tell me something. Who has created nature? You? No, I guess. Nature has been created by God, the same God who creates you, the so called 'normal' people, and the same God who creates the Homosexuals whom you call abnormal. So how can that be unnatural and who are you and who am I to decide what is pro-nature or what is against nature? Why do we love to judge others by using our own nature as a yard stick? Heterosexuality is your nature and homosexuality is their nature and both are very much natural.

As far the question of being normal, then let me tell you, nobody in this planet is normal. Everyone has some or the other anomaly. But still we conveniently call others abnormal if their traits differ from ours. Homosexuality is very much natural and supported by human anatomy and hence scientifically proved fact. Please do not use these words 'nature', 'anti-nature', normal or abnormal so indifferently.

And that is why I believe that those parents who shun their kids as abnormal or pressurize them mentally for being homo or forcibly send their children for treatment or get them married to the opposite sex, are NOT worthy of being called parents. Its better to be born in an orphanage than to be born to such parents. Its due to withdrawal of family support in the form of disinheritance or moral torture, many homosexuals commit suicide. Its true I am not a parent, and I am not going to be one any time soon. May be I don't understand what being parents mean. But stay assured, whenever I am a parent and if I find out that my son/daughter is homosexual, I won't do anything which makes my children feel defeated. I have never cared much for society, tradition or beliefs and I have worked as per my own convictions and I shall continue to do so all my life.

Lastly, I gave the example of Dumbledore because he was the most powerful and the wisest character in the series inspite of being gay and the woman who wrote this character herself is a mother of three.

I used to live in Lala land too when I was 19...now I am the mom of a 17 yr old and an 11 yr old and Lala land has gone bye-bye...

You seem like a nice young man and I am sure you will be a very good parent...

Just to answer why I think that being gay is against nature's rule...the main purpose of nature is procreation...why do u think two people of the same sex can't reproduce...its not meant to be that way...I don't think gays are weird or immoral or bad people otherwise...

Go to top