Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 23)

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

No body can 'turn' into gays. Either you are gay or you are not. Gays are not made. Haven't I said this earlier in this thread? And I think most people hate, or secretly fear, gays, because they think that they'll 'turn' into gays if homosexuality is legalized. If someone is homo, he's so from birth and he will always remain so and the same goes for heteros. Please see facts and give up these misconception - I am sure you won't use the word gay in a derogatory sense or call them weirdos.

Those parents hate their children for being gay are akin to those parents who desire for male child and mistreat their child if she turns out to be a female. For a mother, a child is a child. And a mother loves him/her equally and unconditionally irrespective of his/her sexuality.

I am not so sure. There can be a mental influence when one mixes around with such people.

One crazy male friend was too fond of me and wanted to hug me. I ran a mile from him and stopped seeing him. After a few years he did get married.
I have come across women who are bisexual too, so had to run another mile from them.

But I agree we cannot generalize. But yes if someone is openly gay we just have to accept them ( unless they come after us)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by zorrro

same sex attraction should be promoted in a big way in countries facing population explosion Geek

</div>
<div>

I don't think that will have any effect, though. LOL

It seems that sometimes nature does turn one into a gay too for certain reasons.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

I am not so sure. There can be a mental influence when one mixes around with such people.

Just like married men turn into women after being married to them for years.

LOL! Also a gay person may flirt or hit on you if they like you, but they are not going to rape you or something. Just like you can tell someone of the opposite sex, I'm not interested, lets be friends, you can be friends with anyone really. I know plenty of people who are straight, but enjoy attention from both genders - because everyone wants to be feel wanted and desirable. Not like humans screw everyone who shows the slight interest. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_dkmystery_

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Just like married men turn into women after being married to them for years.

LOL! Also a gay person may flirt or hit on you if they like you, but they are not going to rape you or something. Just like you can tell someone of the opposite sex, I'm not interested, lets be friends, you can be friends with anyone really. I know plenty of people who are straight, but enjoy attention from both genders - because everyone wants to be feel wanted and desirable. Not like humans screw everyone who shows the slight interest. LOL

Yes you are right there.
Perhaps it is more open n common in western countries.
Generally it is less understood in Asia.
In Malaysia a minister was charged and jailed for sodomy.
Upon release from prison , he is again being charged.
It is partly political n partly religious.
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

One crazy male friend was too fond of me and wanted to hug me. I ran a mile from him and stopped seeing him. After a few years he did get married.
I have come across women who are bisexual too, so had to run another mile from them.

But I agree we cannot generalize. But yes if someone is openly gay we just have to accept them ( unless they come after us)

Influence can make you effeminate, but not Gay. There are many effeminate males who are heterosexual. And they are many gays who appear more manly than most men. May be due to the typical comic portrayal of gays in Bollywood movies, we have grown to think that all gays are effeminate and all effeminate are gays.

Being Homo or Hetero is a matter of hormones, not just emotions. You may hear there are many heterosexual males who are forced into homosexual relationship with their gay bosses, for job appointment or promotion, but still they don't 'become' gays. Yeah, they undergo many psychological traumas and may be they feel disgusted in the presence of girls. But still hormonally they remain heterosexuals. This is a scientifically proved fact.

You will befriend gays or not that is your personal choice. But I personally won't have any problem with gay/lesbian friends. If they approaches me with romantic desires, I will refuse them politely without insulting them for their sexuality.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilFaraan92

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged

Influence can make you effeminate, but not Gay. There are many effeminate males who are heterosexual. And they are many gays who appear more manly than most men. May be due to the typical comic portrayal of gays in Bollywood movies, we have grown to think that all gays are effeminate and all effeminate are gays.

Being Homo or Hetero is a matter of hormones, not just emotions. You may hear there are many heterosexual males who are forced into homosexual relationship with their gay bosses, for job appointment or promotion, but still they don't 'become' gays. Yeah, they undergo many psychological traumas and may be they feel disgusted in the presence of girls. But still hormonally they remain heterosexuals. This is a scientifically proved fact.

You will befriend gays or not that is your personal choice. But I personally won't have any problem with gay/lesbian friends. If they approaches me with romantic desires, I will refuse them politely without insulting them for their sexuality.Big smile

Yes you have a point. I had a school friend who was effeminate and most shy n gentle. But he was very nice, others made fun of him but I never did. Years later I ran into him by chance and he had married by then and still remained a man.
I met some gays n they were muscular, bald and with a bad temper or fastidious.
glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

Those parents hate their children for being gay are akin to those parents who desire for male child and mistreat their child if she turns out to be a female. For a mother, a child is a child. And a mother loves him/her equally and unconditionally irrespective of his/her sexuality.

I don't know if you are a parent or not but...a parent can NEVER hate their kids...of course parents are disappointed and hurt when the kids do not turn out to be the way that they wanted...
Hate is a very strong word and should not be used so loosely...especially in the case of a parent-child relationship...

Go to top