Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? - Page 18

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

😆😆

I would be disappointed if my kids turned out gays and weirdos.

Of course Summerji...I would be disappointed too...I want my son to marry a nice girl and have beautiful children...but gays are not weirdos...they are different...of course the normal for the society is straight people...but anybody who goes against normal is not a weirdo...
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Then I pray to God that they have someone in their life who is there to say "It gets better"
 But looks like in some cases, same sex attraction cannot really be helped due to biological reasons

Freud believed that homosexuality could be the natural outcome of normal development in some people. He noted that homosexuality could occur in individuals who had no other signs of deviation and no impairment in their functioning. However, he did not view homosexuality, or inversion as he called it, as a sign of illness, by which he meant a symptom arising from psychic conflict. Instead, he saw homosexuality as the unconflicted expression of an innate instinct.

Freud believed in a constitutional bisexuality; that in every individual there was a certain component of masculine (active) as well as feminine (passive) tendencies. Although bisexual tendencies were universal, Freud believed some people were constitutionally endowed with more of one tendency than the other. He believed life experiences, particularly traumatic ones (environmental factors), could have an impact on the development and expression of one's innate instincts (biological factors). Under normal and non-traumatic circumstances, the component instincts that determine the sex of one's final object choice should be consistent with one's anatomical sex. That is to say an anatomic male should ideally express the masculine component instinct and obtain sexual satisfaction from women. However, Freud also believed that even adult heterosexuals retain the homosexual component, albeit in sublimated form.

Freud saw adult homosexuality as a developmental arrest of childhood instincts which prevent the development of a more mature heterosexuality, referred to as Freud's Theory of Immaturity."

Originally posted by blue-ice

Of course Summerji...I would be disappointed too...I want my son to marry a nice girl and have beautiful children...but gays are not weirdos...they are different...of course the normal for the society is straight people...but anybody who goes against normal is not a weirdo...
Yes it looks that way according to article above.
But there could be other cases of persons turning gay because of  wrong influence rather than biological.😆
Something to chew upon

"Is sexual orientation determined at birth?"

Major Theorists on the Origin of Sexual Orientation

A brief synopsis of some major theorists on the origin of sexual orientation and how their theories address our core question, "Is sexual orientation determined at birth?"

NAME
POSITION
NAME
POSITION
1. Karl Heinrich Ulrichs

Pro

11. Paul Ewald

Con

2. Magnus Hirschfeld

Pro

12. Dean H. Hamer

Both

3. Sigmund Freud

Con

13. George Rice

Both

4. Eugen Steinach

Con

14. Daryl J. Bem

Both

5. Carl G. Jung

Both

15. Joseph Nicolosi

Con

6. Sandor Rado

Con

16. Traditional Values Coalition

Con

7. Evelyn Hooker

Pro

17. Vernon L. Quinsey

Pro

8. Irving Bieber

Con

18. Matt Ridley

Both

9. Frederick Whitam

Pro

19. American Psychological Association

Both

10. Edward O. Wilson

Pro

same sex attraction should be promoted in a big way in countries facing population explosion 🤓

Yes it looks that way according to article above.
But there could be other cases of persons turning gay because of  wrong influence rather than biological.😆

No body can 'turn' into gays. Either you are gay or you are not. Gays are not made. Haven't I said this earlier in this thread? And I think most people hate, or secretly fear, gays, because they think that they'll 'turn' into gays if homosexuality is legalized. If someone is homo, he's so from birth and he will always remain so and the same goes for heteros. Please see facts and give up these misconception - I am sure you won't use the word gay in a derogatory sense or call them weirdos.

Those parents hate their children for being gay are akin to those parents who desire for male child and mistreat their child if she turns out to be a female. For a mother, a child is a child. And a mother loves him/her equally and unconditionally irrespective of his/her sexuality.
Originally posted by zorrro

same sex attraction should be promoted in a big way in countries facing population explosion 🤓

I don't think that will have any effect, though. 😆
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

No body can 'turn' into gays. Either you are gay or you are not. Gays are not made. Haven't I said this earlier in this thread? And I think most people hate, or secretly fear, gays, because they think that they'll 'turn' into gays if homosexuality is legalized. If someone is homo, he's so from birth and he will always remain so and the same goes for heteros. Please see facts and give up these misconception - I am sure you won't use the word gay in a derogatory sense or call them weirdos.

Those parents hate their children for being gay are akin to those parents who desire for male child and mistreat their child if she turns out to be a female. For a mother, a child is a child. And a mother loves him/her equally and unconditionally irrespective of his/her sexuality.

I am not so sure. There can be a mental influence when one mixes around with such people.

One crazy male friend was too fond of me and wanted to hug me. I ran a mile from him and stopped seeing him. After a few years he did get married.
I have come across women who are bisexual too, so had to run another mile from them.

But I agree we cannot generalize. But yes if someone is openly gay we just have to accept them ( unless they come after us)

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

</div>
<div>

I don't think that will have any effect, though. 😆

It seems that sometimes nature does turn one into a gay too for certain reasons.

I am not so sure. There can be a mental influence when one mixes around with such people.

Just like married men turn into women after being married to them for years.

LOL! Also a gay person may flirt or hit on you if they like you, but they are not going to rape you or something. Just like you can tell someone of the opposite sex, I'm not interested, lets be friends, you can be friends with anyone really. I know plenty of people who are straight, but enjoy attention from both genders - because everyone wants to be feel wanted and desirable. Not like humans screw everyone who shows the slight interest. 😆