Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 17)

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Such outdated laws and practices should be abolished. For once, we must stop being Hindus and Muslims and be a human. But then, unfortunately, there's no religion like humanity.

And who told you that its unnatural? Its very much natural to those people. How can you judge them according to your own tastes, preferences and desires - according to your nature? The same nature who has created you, has created them as well.

And there's nothing to be encouraged or discouraged in this. Its their inborn trait. How will you stop it? By beating them? By incarcerating them? For what crime?

If I and you are beaten because we like girls then how shall we feel? If we are forced to like boys - if we are forced to go against our nature then will you accept that? Gays, Lesbians, Transgenders should be treated as our equals and not as some strange species. They are as much human, as much natural and as much normal as we are. I see no logic in prosecuting them for no fault of theirs.

Supreme court itself has declared that such prosecution are anti-constitutional and violates the Article 14, 15 and 21 of Indian Constitution. Hence consensual relationships between homosexuals was legalized in 2009 and we should take that as a step towards our advancement in the new age. Otherwise all bookish knowledge and degrees shall be of no use, if we continue preaching and practicing such outdated and illogical customs.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.SuviFaraan92

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

Most religions forbid it.
We should try and comply with social norms as far as possible.

But these days I know many will just close one eye and classify such persons as weird.

Personally I do not care, but then we should guide the young on the right way; that is a no no for men n men or gal n gal.

I broke up a friendship when I found a male friend getting too close for comfort.

But it is a free world and everyone is free to do what they like in most countries. Some people just cannot help it and even go to the extent of a sex change.

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
As I said, many religion also practice many illogical customs. So blindly following anything without using one's own intellect is immoral and often anti-human.

But why are you calling homosexuality to be wrong? Nobody is forcing you to be gay. You are a guy and you like girls and so do I. But we have no right to call other's tastes and choices as wrong just because they are different from ours. If a gay approaches you with romantic advances you may refuse him politely but you can't have him punished or prosecuted for this.

Change is the only law of nature and if the society is practicing any unnecessary law, instead of complying to it, its our duty to disregard them and frame better and coherent laws for a brighter future.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faraan92

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
The laws in most countries are changing and such relationships are no longer classifed as criminal or an act of gross indecency.
50% of the youth (surveyed on radio) in Singapore have grown to accept them.

Yes most religions do need some upgrading of ideas and changing with the times. In fact, some religions need overhauling too.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Just checked the laws in Singapore , on this:

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons in Singapore may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Male same-sex sexual activity is illegal, though the law is generally not enforced.

In 2007 some changes were implemented here:

Legislation from October 2007

After the exhaustive Penal Code review in 2007, oral and anal sex were legalised for heterosexuals and female homosexuals only. The changes meant that oral and anal sex between consenting heterosexual and female homosexual adults were no longer offences but section 377A, which dealt with gross indecency between consenting men, remained in force. Kumaralingam Amirthalingam a Professor of Law at the National University of Singapore has argued that it may not apply to anal sex between males.[1]

In his concluding speech on the debate over the repeal of Section 377A[1], Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong told MPs before the vote that "Singapore is basically a conservative society...The family is the basic building block of this society. And by family in Singapore we mean one man, one woman, marrying, having children and bringing up children within that framework of a stable family unit."

Rasny IF-Rockerz
Rasny
Rasny

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
I think homosexuality is forbidden in many religion. However, homosexuality has been practising secretly (except western countries). In Pakistan, people from city called Bannu is  famous for this (joke???) and called gay with a nick name of bannuchiLOL.
In Syria, all the visitors who are trying to visit Idlib always advised  not to take any coins laying on the floor. ROFL
I think same sex attraction is more influenced by psychology rather than genetic. I personally believe that majority of the population is bisexual than straight  Dead
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rasny

I think homosexuality is forbidden in many religion. However, homosexuality has been practising secretly (except western countries). In Pakistan, people from city called Bannu is  famous for this (joke???) and called gay with a nick name of bannuchiLOL.
In Syria, all the visitors who are trying to visit Idlib always advised  not to take any coins laying on the floor. ROFL
I think same sex attraction is more influenced by psychology rather than genetic. I personally believe that majority of the population is bisexual than straight  Dead
How you doing bro ?, hope you have not been hounded by some of these stray human beings tooLOL
Rasny IF-Rockerz
Rasny
Rasny

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 5:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by Rasny

How you doing bro ?, hope you have not been hounded by some of these stray human beings tooLOL
Fine hereLOL
Thank God, I'm safeShockedLOL

Go to top